PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: "Brian Westbrook" calls ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some poor 22 year old producer/call screener just got canned...

Last edited:
lol how do you not look more into who is caling befor u put him live on the air thats crazy but it was funny as hell lol

Last edited:
lol how do you not look more into who is caling befor u put him live on the air thats crazy but it was funny as hell lol

Janks called in to Howard Stern’s show this morning to talk about his con job, and here’s how he said he did it: He called in pretending to be Westbrook’s manager. The name he gave, he claims, was completely made up. (How, behind-the-scenes Sportscenter people, do you not at least run a google?) Initially, whomever took his call said that they’d rather tape the interview; Janks wisely said, “I’d rather have my client do it live because we don’t want you guys to cut the interview up.” Twenty-minutes later, ESPN called back and asked for Westbrook’s number. Janks simply gave them his number, and then the magic happened.
Scott Van Pelt, to his credit, didn’t seem all that rattled.
Brian Westbrook Calls Sportscenter … No, That’s a Prank Call from Howard Stern Fan Captain Janks | The Big Lead

Another Howard Stern goof. Big deal. Actually, I'm surprised it wasn't delayed a few seconds so they could've caught it.

Bababoooey

Van Pelt's facial expression afterward is priceless. Just too bad Stern's actual show isn't funny anymore.

I remember they did this back in the Steve Bartman days, pretending to be Steve Bartman.

Still not as good as all the CSPAN pranks

Van Pelt's facial expression afterward is priceless. Just too bad Stern's actual show isn't funny anymore.

The crank calls aren't funny either, just lame.

As an adult watching it, I was embarrassed for the guy...but if I was 20 years younger, I would have laughed by butt off. Either way...that's what ESPN gets for overdramatizing crap like Spygate. It's nice to see them to lose a little bit more credibility.

BTW, did you guys see Westbrook's statement re: being released?

"It's hard for teams to keep veterans, especially aging veterans at a higher salary number, when they can get younger guys," Westbrook said. "Especially when guys have battled injuries the way I have the last year and a half or so. I understand that. I completely do."

Brian Westbrook says he's not retiring, has heard from NFL teams for 2010 - ESPN

there's a guy who gets it...

BTW, did you guys see Westbrook's statement re: being released?

"It's hard for teams to keep veterans, especially aging veterans at a higher salary number, when they can get younger guys," Westbrook said. "Especially when guys have battled injuries the way I have the last year and a half or so. I understand that. I completely do."

Brian Westbrook says he's not retiring, has heard from NFL teams for 2010 - ESPN

there's a guy who gets it...

Glad hes joining the rest of the world in reality....

The link on youtube has been taken down per ESPN.....anyone else have a working link?

Scott Van Pelt's rough week continues, caught dropping the F-Bomb tonight.

F-Bomb / Apology

ESPN 2010

-Mike Greenburg suspended for racial slip
-Tony Kornhesier suspended for Hannah Storm comments
-Prank caller worshiping Howard Stern's prostate gets on air
-SVP drops the F-Bomb on live television

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey