PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brian Kelly to Notre Dame

College Football is so stupid in the way they do everything. Now how focused is his team gonna be for their bowl game knowing he is screwing at the end of the game? Parcels SB31 anyone?

I wanna see Cincy clean Florida's clock.

College Football is so stupid in the way they do everything. Now how focused is his team gonna be for their bowl game knowing he is screwing at the end of the game? Parcels SB31 anyone?

I wanna see Cincy clean Florida's clock.

If Dunlap is back, that isn't happening.

Have to say I saw it coming. As an 08' UC grad I hate to lose him, but hopefully this program can continue it's momentum.

Last edited:
Notre Dame is doomed to a future of mediocrity
... they can't compete for enough top recruits due to that severely restricted campus crap they pull.

... they can't compete for enough top recruits due to that severely restricted campus crap they pull.

HUH???

They get top recruits year in and year out.. The only year ND didn't make the top 25 list was back in 05, Charlie's 1st year..

06 - #8
07 - #8
08 - #2
09 - #21

Rivals.com Team Rankings

ND gets the top talent, for some reason the coaching staff the past 10+ years has not been able to turn that talent into experience..

Just a side note, ND schedule this year is one of the easiest they've had in 40 years..

Yeah that Clausen guy sucks. So does that guy Tate he was throwing too. Lets not forget that other bum Floyd, he sucks. Armando Allen? Garbage. Man te`i tao, he sucks too.

You sure ND doesn't get some of the best still? Of course they're not on top, that would be any of the programs from the SEC that constantly wins. Once ND starts winning, you'd have to think if they can still recruit in the top ten despite how ****ty they've been they can damn sure do better when they're actually good.

HUH???

They get top recruits year in and year out.. The only year ND didn't make the top 25 list was back in 05, Charlie's 1st year..

06 - #8
07 - #8
08 - #2
09 - #21

Rivals.com Team Rankings

ND gets the top talent, for some reason the coaching staff the past 10+ years has not been able to turn that talent into experience..

Just a side note, ND schedule this year is one of the easiest they've had in 40 years..

Rivals bumps up the ratings on these kids if Notre Dame recruits them, their talent is no where close to any top team. The talent they have on defense is not even close to an SEC bottom feeder like Vanderbilt.

There is a reason Meyer, Stoops and others have told them that they are not interested in the job, they already are at more high profile jobs and better programs.(circa 2009, i will agree it wasn't that way in the 40's-80's)

Yeah that Clausen guy sucks. So does that guy Tate he was throwing too. Lets not forget that other bum Floyd, he sucks. Armando Allen? Garbage. Man te`i tao, he sucks too.

You sure ND doesn't get some of the best still? Of course they're not on top, that would be any of the programs from the SEC that constantly wins. Once ND starts winning, you'd have to think if they can still recruit in the top ten despite how ****ty they've been they can damn sure do better when they're actually good.

I would agree here. The only thing that I would say is that they're making a mistake in hiring the "flavor of the month". I have honestly never heard of Brian Kelly before this season. Notre Dame would have been a lot better off going after guys with SUSTAINED success. For example, I think they would have been better served going after the Boise State head coach.

I would agree here. The only thing that I would say is that they're making a mistake in hiring the "flavor of the month". I have honestly never heard of Brian Kelly before this season. Notre Dame would have been a lot better off going after guys with SUSTAINED success. For example, I think they would have been better served going after the Boise State head coach.

As a die-hard ND fan, I love the Kelly hiring. He is no flavor of the month, Kontra.

Hes turned around three crappy programs. I love it. Absolutely love it.

ND plays D they are a BCS team. Lack of disipline on that side of the ball drove me nuts.

Rivals bumps up the ratings on these kids if Notre Dame recruits them, their talent is no where close to any top team. The talent they have on defense is not even close to an SEC bottom feeder like Vanderbilt.

There is a reason Meyer, Stoops and others have told them that they are not interested in the job, they already are at more high profile jobs and better programs.(circa 2009, i will agree it wasn't that way in the 40's-80's)

You can think what you want but the fact is they get the talent, rivals doesn't bump them just to bump them.. BTW Meyers was a canidate for ND years ago..

I'm not a big college football fan but its pretty obvious that ND has more prestige than most of the teams in the top 10 this year..
TCU, Iowa, Georgia Tech, Oregon... and so on..

& again I will point this out.. ND schedule was the easiest one in almost 40 years.. They should have never lost to UC, Navy & Stanford.. Your telling me those teams have more talent than ND? Heck no.. It was the coaching..

Think what you want but when I see teams like Iowa, Oregon, TCU in the top 10, I'm confident ND can get back there..

As a die-hard ND fan, I love the Kelly hiring. He is no flavor of the month, Kontra.

Hes turned around three crappy programs. I love it. Absolutely love it.

ND plays D they are a BCS team. Lack of disipline on that side of the ball drove me nuts.

Lack of discipline drove me crazy, followed ND my whole life... this was a very disapointing year..

They are smart choosing a college coach, rather than a "shiny bright" NFL coordinator..

Lack of discipline drove me crazy, followed ND my whole life... this was a very disapointing year..

They are smart choosing a college coach, rather than a "shiny bright" NFL coordinator..

As excited as I was when Charlie landed there, moving him out was the right call by Swarbrick.

They should have made Jimmy Johnson an offer he couldn't refuse.

As excited as I was when Charlie landed there, moving him out was the right call by Swarbrick.

Never been all that excited about Weiss on the college level, the recruiting game is very special talent as well as motivating these kids.. it almost seems as there are two coaching tracks.. college and the NFL... look at Peter Carroll, Nick Saban.. to name a few and on the other side Al Groh..

I really respect a college coach that has to deal with an academic component as well.. programs like Stanford come to mind..

Many of these kids are sold a dream, and in reality their paper is worth nothing, if they get a piece of paper...

Last edited:
Never been all that excited about Weiss on the college level, the recruiting game is very special talent as well as motivating these kids.. it almost seems as there are two coaching tracks.. college and the NFL... look at Peter Carroll, Nick Saban.. to name a few and on the other side Al Groh..

I really respect a college coach that has to deal with an academic component as well.. programs like Stanford come to mind..

Many of these kids are sold a dream, and in reality their paper is worth nothing, if they get a piece of paper...

Weis' recruiting classes were not TX or USC or 'Bama but were BCS worthy. In general, I agree though. He didn't nurture the early connections and cultivate the recruiting like a Saban or Carroll. However, look at the job Wannstedt did at Pitt. That program was a disaster. They knock off Cinci they are in the BCS. Difference here is that Wannstedt had plenty of college experience with Ok State, The U and Pitt.

There is some speculation the the Kelly deal hit a big snag or may be dead and that Tommy Tumberville is on the radar.

There is some speculation the the Kelly deal hit a big snag or may be dead and that Tommy Tumberville is on the radar.

TT had a nice run at Auburn. Knows how to recruit. Got lazy.

Not interested.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back