PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brees gets hosed in the MVP voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh is there some other measure used for selecting who the MVP is?

I don't need the stats to tell me what I was seeing on the field. Defenses were scared of Rodgers up until they lost the Kansas City game. Brees lost to Tampa and ST LOUIS! ST LOUIS?!?!?! :confused::confused::confused:

What I find amusing is that the whole year the media were acting like the Pats D is the worst of all time, and then they didn't ever talk about a Pats' offensive player as MVP. Huh?

Honestly, I am happy Brees didn't get it after his lame attempt to pad his stats at the end of the season.

Who cares, they're both sitting at home.

I'm tired of the MVP award. It's almost always a quarterback. Has a defensive player ever won? Ray Lewis, maybe?

Alan Page (Minnesota Vikings defensive tackle) in 1971 and Lawrence Taylor (New York Giants linebacker) in 1986.

not sure if serious...

100% serious. Are you really trying to say you can decide who plays better by looking at a stat sheet and not judging their play?

I don't need the stats to tell me what I was seeing on the field. Defenses were scared of Rodgers up until they lost the Kansas City game. Brees lost to Tampa and ST LOUIS! ST LOUIS?!?!?! :confused::confused::confused:

Its more than that. For virtually the entire season, Rodgers was just unstoppable. He played at a ridiculous level, consistently and was almost unbeatable. The fact that Brees threw more passes to accumulate more stats doesnt come close to meaning he played better.
Brees was the best at accumulating stats, Rodgers was the best at controlling a football game and making sure his team won.

Also worth noting Rodgers averaged almost a yard more per attempt. Brees had the bulk statistical advantages like total passing yards, though he also had 155 more attempts than Rodgers. In every other category that doesn't require bulk numbers, Rodgers was superior.

And Rodgers did it behind an OL that gave up a ton of hits and a defense that ranked below the Saints D in yards and points. Rodgers finished with the better record as well, including a win against Brees and the Saints.

Not sure why this is a big deal.

So does this mean that the Giants win over GB can be downplayed since the MVP never wins the Super Bowl? I kid, I kid.

It's too bad Eli didn't win it. :(

Have you taken a look at Brees' indoor/outdoor splits? Look in the dictionary at "Dome QB" and you'll see his jersey. Definitely Rodgers' award.

Brady: 10 dome games in 8 years. None this year (til tomorrow)
Brees: 11 dome games this year.

Except for Matt Flynn

Not only do you still have to perform great in all 4 categories, as well as the ones that are not counted by stats, but no, not even Matt Flynn.

He's at 4%. Which is good enough to never have a starting job in the NFL. And that's not counting his fumble ;) If you wanna survive with a 4% int efficiency you better be throwing 6 passing touchdowns a game.

Last edited:
Everyone knew AR was going to get it. It was not even up for debate this year.

If Matt Flynn played 15 games against those garbage teams Rodgers played, he'd likely have the same record. I honestly don't think Rodgers is that valuable, maybe offensive player of the year, but that about it.

I think Brady was bashed by the voters, but I guess the only time he can win these things or at least get 1 vote is if he absolutely 100% stands out from rest.

With this being said, I hope the runs the score up just a little bit more against those Giants, instead of 38-17, make that 44-17, Patriots.

If Matt Flynn played 15 games against those garbage teams Rodgers played, he'd likely have the same record. I honestly don't think Rodgers is that valuable, maybe offensive player of the year, but that about it.

I think Brady was bashed by the voters, but I guess the only time he can win these things or at least get 1 vote is if he absolutely 100% stands out from rest.

With this being said, I hope the runs the score up just a little bit more against those Giants, instead of 38-17, make that 44-17, Patriots.

So tell me then, let's say you're a HC and God comes down to you and says, LivinandLovin, I grant you one wish, you may either take Aaron Rodgers or Matt Flynn as your quarterback.

Please tell me you would choose Matt Flynn.

I couldn't care less about this, but didn't brees win offensive player of the year?

how does that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back