Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8078d384&template=without-video&confirm=true

CINCINNATI -- The Bengals today released troubled wide receiver Chris Henry on the heels of his most recent legal troubles.

"Chris Henry has forfeited his opportunity to pursue a career with the Bengals," team president Mike Brown said in a statement released by the club. "His conduct can no longer be tolerated. "

Henry has been accused of punching an 18-year-old man in the face and breaking his car window with a beer bottle, according to court documents filed Wednesday.

Henry, 24, was charged with misdemeanor assault and criminal damaging in the Monday incident in Cincinnati. A warrant for his arrest was issued Wednesday, and Henry surrendered, a police spokesman said.

HAY SHOULD WE TAEK A CHANCE ON CHRIS HENRY OR WAT.

Figured I'd do it now so I can save others the embarassment.

When Henry is allowed back in the NFL the Raiders will be calling

HAY SHOULD WE TAEK A CHANCE ON CHRIS HENRY OR WAT.

Figured I'd do it now so I can save others the embarassment.

maybe one of his 12 children or is that Travis Henry

I guess punching an 18 year old girl in the face and smashing car windows with beer bottles doesn't qualify as 'keeping your nose clean'? Well damn, who would have thought...

Dallas Cowboys, here Chris Henry comes. In 2008 ESPN could use mugshots for the Dallas team's player profiles. Awesome.

This nonsense of cutting players before there's been a trial or even a full finding of facts has really got to stop. Hopefully the Players' Union will be strong enough to get that dealt with in the next CBA. Sadly, they'll probably cave because of the P.R. involved.

The Player's Union? Strong? Gene Upshaw thanks you for your vote of confidence.

This nonsense of cutting players before there's been a trial or even a full finding of facts has really got to stop. Hopefully the Players' Union will be strong enough to get that dealt with in the next CBA. Sadly, they'll probably cave because of the P.R. involved.

I think the teams and league offices get a good bead on these incidents pretty quickly before matters move very far into the criminal legal processes. They apparently have no doubt that Henry did a no-no regardless of how it plays out in the system. Remember, this guy has a history. I see no problem with teams cutting delinquents early on if their own preliminary investigations find probable guilt.

Last edited:
good for the bengals

This is how the business world works. Especially when a guy has been in trouble in the past. Businesses don't sit around waiting for juries. And they off people on much less scandalous acts that accusations of smashing people's faces in.

This is how the business world works. Especially when a guy has been in trouble in the past. Businesses don't sit around waiting for juries. And they off people on much less scandalous acts that accusations of smashing people's faces in.

Yup, that would be my observation as well.

Some of the players need to learn that just because they are in the NFl they aren't above the law.

If more teams would take action against their own worst offenders, a league so consumed by interest in the perception of integrity wouldn't need a police Commissioner and they could go find one instead who could facilitate a workable CBA. Either that or go back to the integrty league's roots and cover up player transgressions and pay victims off!!!

These hypocrits have no integrity which is why making us the poster child for such concerns was always such a joke. Making millions as a player in this "entertainment" industry is a priviledge, not a right. But at the end of the day too many owners and GM's want to "just win baby" and paid little more than lip service to the concept of product ingegrity for a long time. The Bengals actively persued bad apples whose value was diminished due to character concerns as a means to an end, to try to gain a talent edge. Only it didn't pan out. That's why BB and this organization grew to really chaffe so many asses and were ripe for a hypocritical dressing down. We won without coddling or cow towing to our star performers or turning a blind eye to character concerns, and for that reason alone this team performs better more consistently even absent some raw talent. What that netted us was multiple Lombardi's and a growing list of jealous enemies.

Businesses don't know that their employee has been arrested for assault, so I don't know how you think to equate this. And, as most people know, firing a public employee (just as an example) before due process has been given, leads to losing lawsuits. It's why you always read about people being put on paid leave.

Last edited:
Businesses don't know that their employee has been arrested for assault, so I don't know how you think to equate this. And, as most people know, firing a public employee (just as an example) before due process has been given, leads to losing lawsuits. It's why you always read about people being put on paid leave.

Yes it is easier for some average guy not to be caught by his boss when he breaks a law. But don't you think if your boss did find out about those acts that your job may be in jeopardy, especially if this is the umpteenth time he has heard of it.

Public figures need to be more careful because their transgressions will be aired for all to know but a private citizen is at as much risk if the knowledge were to get out there, maybe more because they may not be as talented.

I guess punching an 18 year old girl in the face and smashing car windows with beer bottles doesn't qualify as 'keeping your nose clean'? Well damn, who would have thought...

Not to get picky, but it was an 18 year old guy not girl. He has a reputation to protect.

Are you in the business world?

People find out.

And people are fired, or given inducements to resign.

I can name so many examples of this.

Leads to lawsuits, eh? No it doesn't. Laws in this country allow a business to fire you for practically ANY reason other than race, and gender.

I've heard of people getting fired after solicitation charges.

Last edited:
Well, this certainly strengthens Chad Johnson's bargaining position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes