PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brandon Marshall involved in another scuffle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wide_Receiver

Banned
Reaction score
Did anyone see Marshal and Moreno mixing it up on the sideline? After four straight losses, Marshal is turning back into a little kid that can't handle adversity.

HOWEVER!

I would love to get him in Miami. Do you guys think McDaniels will deal him this off-season or try to repair the relationship again?

Did anyone see Marshal and Moreno mixing it up on the sideline? After four straight losses, Marshal is turning back into a little kid that can't handle adversity.

HOWEVER!

I would love to get him in Miami. Do you guys think McDaniels will deal him this off-season or try to repair the relationship again?

It seems like these prima donna wide receivers have a higher team destruction rate than any other position. Do you really want him? Check the pft rumor mill the other day, as there was a rumor the Andre Johnson wants to get traded to a winning team. Better option...

To answer the question, anyone is tradeable, especially a malcontent who will want a giant contract soon. Marshall does not seem like Parcells material.

Sheeeet, can you imagine if we got Andre Johnson????

HOWEVER!

I'm not entirely sure that McDaniels would trade him into the AFC East, relationship with BB considered.

Andre Johnson is going nowhere. He wants to be in Houston. It was his uncle/agent talking out his arse.

Johnson contacted management and set things straight.

Andre Johnson is going nowhere. He wants to be in Houston. It was his uncle/agent talking out his arse.

Johnson contacted management and set things straight.

I was going to say anyway, I'd call the Texans a winning team.

I did not see this..... but bad chemistry is not good.

It seems like these prima donna wide receivers have a higher team destruction rate than any other position. Do you really want him? Check the pft rumor mill the other day, as there was a rumor the Andre Johnson wants to get traded to a winning team. Better option...

To answer the question, anyone is tradeable, especially a malcontent who will want a giant contract soon. Marshall does not seem like Parcells material.

It's getting ridiculous how they seem to think they're god's gift to sports fans. I blame Terrell Owens for all these young guys coming up thinking their **** don't stink.

I don't know, man. You've seen how dreadful Miami's wide receiver play has been this year. I'd take anyone with that kind of talent despite his behavioral issues. I'll take the headaches with the 12 touchdowns and 1,200 receiving yards. If we had that, I could say with confidence that we would win the division this year.

It's getting ridiculous how they seem to think they're god's gift to sports fans. I blame Terrell Owens for all these young guys coming up thinking their **** don't stink.

I don't know, man. You've seen how dreadful Miami's wide receiver play has been this year. I'd take anyone with that kind of talent despite his behavioral issues. I'll take the headaches with the 12 touchdowns and 1,200 receiving yards. If we had that, I could say with confidence that we would win the division this year.

I'd rather have 2-3 good receivers than one great one. It's too easy for the defense to shut down one guy. Take Moss or Welker out of our system and the offense sputters... unlike 2007 when we had 4 good wideouts. Also, while Marshall is talented, T.O. might have been worth the headache, but T.O. was a proven top-3 NFL receiver for years. Marshall is a rising star but hasn't proven he will consistently put up huge production. His off-field issues are disturbing.

Anyway, if I were Miami I would look to the draft.

Hahaa. Yeah cause if you had Marshall you wouldn't be 5-5, but you'd be 7--3 and you wouldn't have lost to the Pats right? Give me a break. I work with a guy who's a Dolphins fan, and he's clueless as well. Does it run in the fanbase?...no offense, just wondering.

I'd rather have 2-3 good receivers than one great one. It's too easy for the defense to shut down one guy. Take Moss or Welker out of our system and the offense sputters... unlike 2007 when we had 4 good wideouts. Also, while Marshall is talented, T.O. might have been worth the headache, but T.O. was a proven top-3 NFL receiver for years. Marshall is a rising star but hasn't proven he will consistently put up huge production. His off-field issues are disturbing.

Anyway, if I were Miami I would look to the draft.

See, man, we did that and we got Brian Hartline (who has played okay) and Patrick Turner (who hasn't seen the field yet.) I just want to be able to go into games knowing we have a guy that is going to catch it 7 times for 100 yards and a score. And to have confidence that our guys will make that big 3rd and 7. We don't have that right now (Davone Bess makes some plays, but not enough.)

We're deep at WR but it's not a good kind of depth. It's medicore depth.

Davone Bess = Good slot guy
Ted Ginn = Return man, below average WR
Greg Camarillo = Average
Brian Hartline = Too young to tell

But I think you put a guy like Marshal in there and all of a sudden Camarillo and Bess see their value sky rocket somewhat.

Last edited:
Hahaa. Yeah cause if you had Marshall you wouldn't be 5-5, but you'd be 7--3 and you wouldn't have lost to the Pats right? Give me a break. I work with a guy who's a Dolphins fan, and he's clueless as well. Does it run in the fanbase?...no offense, just wondering.

I won't be debating with posts that attack like this nor will I deal with someone that just wants to get into a **** talking war. No offense.

I won't be debating with posts that attack like this nor will I deal with someone that just wants to get into a **** talking war. No offense.

Not * talking war here. Just calling it like it is man. You said if you had Marshall, you would win the division, I found that a little goofy. No offense intended. I just disagree with you and I don't hide it....Try on some thicker skin.

Not * talking war here. Just calling it like it is man. You said if you had Marshall, you would win the division, I found that a little goofy. No offense intended. I just disagree with you and I don't hide it....Try on some thicker skin.

Well I've been in ****ting matches here before and it doesn't do anybody any good so I'd just rather not.

As for the topic, I've seen us drop 2 touchdows against the Colts (one with 30 seconds left that would've been the game winner) and then a drop against the SAints that resulted in a pick 6. We also had abut 5 drops in that game and a lost fumble from a wide out.

So if we had Brandon Marshal, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that we'd be 7-3. The same way the Bengals would probably be 8-2 right now if Cedric Benson hadn't missed today. It's the same concept. Or how you guys would've been 12-4 at worst with Brady last year.

Well I've been in ****ting matches here before and it doesn't do anybody any good so I'd just rather not.

As for the topic, I've seen us drop 2 touchdows against the Colts (one with 30 seconds left that would've been the game winner) and then a drop against the SAints that resulted in a pick 6. We also had abut 5 drops in that game and a lost fumble from a wide out.

So if we had Brandon Marshal, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that we'd be 7-3. The same way the Bengals would probably be 8-2 right now if Cedric Benson hadn't missed today. It's the same concept. Or how you guys would've been 12-4 at worst with Brady last year.

Right cause if you had Marshall, everything else would have happened the same, and you would have gotten to those situations exactly the same, and everything would be the same except those dropped TD passes would have been to him and he would have caught them right? Give me a break, man. You know better than that. Your offense would be completely different and the game plans would be completely different, so you don't know really. It's juts stupid to say that you would NO DOUBT be 7-3 if Marshall was a Dolphin..

I can't believe I'm even debating this with someone. You won't find anyone that's not a Dolphin fan that will agree with you.

If the Patriots had Rashard Mendenhall, we would be undefeated. haha, (sarcasm)

Last edited:
Right cause if you had Marshall, everything else would have happened the same, and you would have gotten to those situations exactly the same, and everything would be the same except those dropped TD passes would have been to him and he would have caught them right? Give me a break, man. You know better than that. Your offense would be completely different and the game plans would be completely different, so you don't know really. It's juts stupid to say that you would NO DOUBT be 7-3 if Marshall was a Dolphin..

I can't believe I'm even debating this with someone. You won't find anyone that's not a Dolphin fan that will agree with you.

If the Patriots had Rashard Mendenhall, we would be undefeated. haha, (sarcasm)

At what point did the Patriots have a chance to acquire Mendenhal? Marshal and Boldin were both available this off-season and we should've pounced. I don't see why it's so ridiculous to think that if our team was better, we'd have a better record.

It's like saying, "You know damn well if the Patriots would've had Welker in that in that first Jets game, there would've been no difference."

Edwards will be available as a FA after his last couple excerable games as a JET.

Other possibilities include trading Miami's #1 pick for Julian Edelperson, a larger younger Wes Welker and much better than the touted Ginn Family wasted Top 10 pick. But as a fan I'd hate to see Edes traded.

Where can I get a picture of a homeless bum to post as MY sig?

Last edited:
My only thing would be that the dolphins need a QB before they can start going after these "stud" wr's......henne is decent but not the answer....They have a solid running game so if they had a QB I would say they would be near the top of the division but without a proven QB or one with a lot of promise they are right about where I thought they would be .500

Dolphins should trade for Boldin and find a draft pick that can be a deep threat. Ginn could be that person, but the guy needs to catch the ball.

Someone to stretch the field that teams have to cover and someone who can exploit the underneath coverage. You can take a chance on Braylon or try to trade for Marshall, but I'd rather trade for a gamer like Boldin and then take a speedy wideout in the draft.

Steelers have been great at finding speedy wideouts of late. First it was Santonio Holmes and now they've got Mike Wallace. It's giving Hines Ward a lot of space underneath.

My only thing would be that the dolphins need a QB before they can start going after these "stud" wr's......henne is decent but not the answer....They have a solid running game so if they had a QB I would say they would be near the top of the division but without a proven QB or one with a lot of promise they are right about where I thought they would be .500

Any reason Henne is not the answer or just a gut feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down