PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brandon Marshall benched for season finale

Status
Not open for further replies.
THis might be a rare case where a team puts a low RFA tender on a guy to tempt teams to sign him.

Trigger's been a good poster, Mo.......
Yep, Triggerfish (and Dino Six Rings) have been around for a long time and are okay. Now the rest of the Steelers' fanbase, that perhaps may be different - though that may be skewed by an overly vocal minority. But Trigger is definitely not a troll in my opinion. I'll offer him a beer and a fluffernutter sandwich anytime he's in the area.

This is bad for JM. Regardless of whether or not it's the right decision. The timing of this is terrible. If Denver misses the playoffs there will be allot of folks out in Denver who claim, but if! He built up some good will out there and I am sure if you asked Denver fans about the season, they would be mostly pleasantly surprised. This could end up undermining any confidence he earned this year.

I am always shocked that these guys think they can just plug in the mentally we have here. They learn it here and know it works, but when your new and young you have to be patient, because you don't have any cache....

Maybe Marshall punched his ticket out of town with the latest problem. What would you guys give up for him?

Anything...........can you imagine him in this offense with Moss and Welker. It would be lights outs................

There's more to the story-o. Marshall says he has a pulled hamstring, that's why he doesn't want to play.

so what's up with that? I mean players do get injured, and a pulled hamstring is kind of hard to play through.

So he "benches" him? How does that make sense? He wasn't goign to play anyway.

Wrong. Marshall saved McDaniel's a** this year. The guy has been other-worldly this season and the Broncos wouldn't even be in the playoff discussion without him IMO. Not giving him the Cutler treatment must have been a bitter pill for Josh to swallow, but ultimately he made the right decision (or was forced to). Now that it's all falling apart on Josh, somebody (Marshall) has to be the scapegoat. What a gutsy move by the boy coach. :rolleyes:

You're way off on this:

"I pretty much knew (I would be inactive) Wednesday when I tweaked my hamstring," Marshall told reporters after McDaniels' press conference. "I made it through this whole year healthy and it's sad to come down to the last game and to have an injury that keeps you out of the game, especially a big-time game."......While an MRI on Marshall's hamstring showed no tear, the wide receiver said concerns about the team's handling of a hip injury last season, which required surgery, made him apprehensive to play through yet another injury and risk more damage.

Brandon Marshall benched for Broncos' season finale - KDVR

How many games did bm not play when Denver was on it's winning streak early in the season? If it was a lot wits to lose?

It's hard to argue with a 2-7 finish and not playing in the playoff deciding game. That's some good chemistry there, all right.:rolleyes:

What's this got to do with teams lacking integrity?

You think every teams play by the rules and treats every player fairly?

Dude, it's all about wins and losses.

What's this got to do with teams lacking integrity?

You think every teams play by the rules and treats every player fairly?

Dude, it's all about wins and losses.

Yes it is. 7-9, 8-8, 8-7 with a 2-7 finish.

Seems like there's not an argument he contributes to winning teams in his three big years.

I'm not saying it's his fault, but teams that avoid bad character players usually manage to do better than 500 in my observation.

Ray Lewis car ride aside, you don't see the best teams hanging on to problem players for long.

By integrity, I just mean that character counts towards winning.

I think you might be giving McDaniel's too much credit here. Josh "got his" too. That club was in total disarray coming into this season, after HE came in and ran Cutler outta town. And although I agree that Cutler could have handled it better, I'd have been pissed too if I were in his shoes, with the way McDaniels handled everything. Let's call a spade a spade though. There was no way in hell McDaniels was keeping Marshall sidelined long. He needed some redemption from the organization and the fans too, and he knew that likely wasn't possible without his star WR. This isn't a case of a coach being all sweet and charitable and letting the poor troubled player have another shot. It was just as much about saving his own ***** and therefore benefited him just as much (if not more) than Marshall. This whole thing between those two this season seems like a couple of schoolyard bullies who like to get their way, having a "stand-off" at the monkey bars at recess. Regardless, both sides will likely get their way in the end. McDaniels will be rid of his "nuisance" player, and Marshall will get out of Denver and get paid. It's such a happy ending, I'm tearing up a little. :rolleyes:
Disagree. McDaniels handled the Cutler scenario perfectly fine IMO. Cutler was the the fool in this episode and continues to be so on the field. Despite his cannon arm he has a peanut for a brain and continually makes bad throws trusting his 'talent'.

Last edited:
There's more to the story-o. Marshall says he has a pulled hamstring, that's why he doesn't want to play.

so what's up with that? I mean players do get injured, and a pulled hamstring is kind of hard to play through.

So he "benches" him? How does that make sense? He wasn't goign to play anyway.

as others have said, cutler really shouldnt have been treated any differently

now marshall is a real talent...though the guy just cant keep his things straight

defintely more to the story....JM doesnt see it as serious enough to sit out, and marshall disagrees, so marshall wont play b/c by the coache's view point....he cant and therefore he just to show BM what its about wont let him

How many games did bm not play when Denver was on it's winning streak early in the season? If it was a lot wits to lose?

He played in all of the games so far...

Yep, Triggerfish (and Dino Six Rings) have been around for a long time and are okay. Now the rest of the Steelers' fanbase, that perhaps may be different - though that may be skewed by an overly vocal minority. But Trigger is definitely not a troll in my opinion. I'll offer him a beer and a fluffernutter sandwich anytime he's in the area.

Thanks man! Next time I find myself in Pats Country, I might just take you up on that. Mmmmm....fluffernutter. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back