PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brady's got nothing on Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, people here aren't as harsh on Brady because he's a Patriot. They are defending his actions and saying that he did nothing wrong. I fully agree with the idea that the 'lovechild' of TB and BM has a lot more safety nets in place than the typical 'lovechild', and is much more likely to come out of the situation in good shape than the normal illegitimate child. However, Brady has put himself out there as a role model to children. The notion that he shouldn't be taken to task for this action when he, himself, has willingly taken on the mantle of role model is absurd.

Exactly what action did Brady do for which he should be "taken to task?"

Maybe I'm just one of those crazy Massachusetts liberals, but I see nothing wrong with premarital sex.

I also see nothing wrong with a couple that is not in love deciding not to remain in a relationship despite the presence of a child. The same goes for a fetus.

At what point did Brady do anything actually condemnable?

No, people here aren't as harsh on Brady because he's a Patriot. They are defending his actions and saying that he did nothing wrong. I fully agree with the idea that the 'lovechild' of TB and BM has a lot more safety nets in place than the typical 'lovechild', and is much more likely to come out of the situation in good shape than the normal illegitimate child. However, Brady has put himself out there as a role model to children. The notion that he shouldn't be taken to task for this action when he, himself, has willingly taken on the mantle of role model is absurd.

But what did he do that prevents him from being a role model?

As a matter of fact, I think that the best role models are not people that are seemingly without moral flaw, but rather those who make mistakes and reslove those mistakes in the correct way.

Let me preface the rest of this by saying that I'm completely talking out my ass, but...

Do people on this board really think that Bridget's pregnancy was accidental? That after 2-3 years together she suddenly forgets how to use birth control?

I'm not buying it. The only women I know who have gotten pregnant after 35 have done so with a LOT of effort.

This baby was completely planned by both parties.

Brady and Moynahan split up BEFORE she became pregnant. They both knew that the other would make a good parent, but that they wouldn't make a happy married couple together. Still, Bridget wanted to be a mother and she and who better to have as the father than Tom.

Anyway, I think the two of them care a lot about each other and know that they are going to be bringing a child into the world who is going to be very well loved and cared for.

Depending on your views on marriage you may disagree, but I don't think there was anything at all irresponsible about Tom's actions.

Wrong. Personally if you have a child out of wedlock as long as you meet your responsiblities to the child then you are 100% OK not matter if you are joe blow or Brady.

According to you however you HAVE to be married to the other parent or you are not a good person.

You sir are a morality cop period.

I could answer your post earlier but it would make no sense to because you don't listen past your OWN belifes that you are applying to everyone else so if they don't follow it your right they are wrong and we are all going to hell.

Believe me some of us are good people INCLUDING Brady without followng your moral code and belifes and your judgement means nothing. Especially since you seem to feel you are above most people and can pass judgement when someone hasn't broken any laws.
:rolleyes:

FWIW I'd be more than happy for my son to turn out like Tom Brady. He could even date my daughter if he wanted (er Brady, not my son).

Wrong. Personally if you have a child out of wedlock as long as you meet your responsiblities to the child then you are 100% OK not matter if you are joe blow or Brady.

According to you however you HAVE to be married to the other parent or you are not a good person.

You sir are a morality cop period.

I could answer your post earlier but it would make no sense to because you don't listen past your OWN belifes that you are applying to everyone else so if they don't follow it your right they are wrong and we are all going to hell.

Believe me some of us are good people INCLUDING Brady without followng your moral code and belifes and your judgement means nothing. Especially since you seem to feel you are above most people and can pass judgement when someone hasn't broken any laws.
:rolleyes:

Thank you for demonstrating yourself to be precisely the type of idiot that is all too prevalent in today's world.

1.) I never said you had to be married or you weren't a good person

2.) I didn't base my argument on morality, but on the notion that Brady is a role model who got a woman pregnant out of wedlock, which is something we know, both historically and through modern sociological study, is not a good thing for the child or the society. He put himself out there as a role model and then did something that is bad for the individuals and society, and is by no means good role model behavior.

3.) My own beliefs have nothing, or at least almost nothing, to do with this. You have no idea what those beliefs even are.

4.) Finally, regarding your last paragraph, you don't seem to understand the concepts of "good", "judge" or even "laws". Just for examples:

North Carolina has laws against fornication whether you are in a hotel or just at home: “If any man and woman not being married to each other, shall lewdly and lasciviously associate, bed, and cohabit together, they shall be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor.”

In Idaho, fornication can get you a $300 fine and six months in jail. But that’s a piece of cake compared to the penalty for adultery -- up to a $1,000 fine and three years in the state pen.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6620768/

So, actually, according to some (obviously no longer enforced) state laws, you have to be married to the 'other parent' before having the sex that made you a parent or you are a criminal.

I won't waste my time with "good" or "judge" since you clearly don't grasp the concepts and they would take too long to educate you about.

Last edited:
Thank you for demonstrating yourself to be precisely the type of idiot that is all too prevalent in today's world.

1.) I never said you had to be married or you weren't a good person

2.) I didn't base my argument on morality, but on the notion that Brady is a role model who got a woman pregnant out of wedlock, which is something we know, both historically and through modern sociological study, is not a good thing for the child or the society. He put himself out there as a role model and then did something that is bad for the individuals and society, and is by no means good role model behavior.

3.) My own beliefs have nothing, or at least almost nothing, to do with this. You have no idea what those beliefs even are.

4.) Finally, regarding your last paragraph, you don't seem to understand the concepts of "good", "judge" or even "laws". Just for examples:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6620768/

So, actually, according to some (obviously no longer enforced) state laws, you have to be married to the 'other parent' before having the sex that made you a parent or you are a criminal.

I won't waste my time with "good" or "judge" since you clearly don't grasp the concepts and they would take too long to educate you about.

First of all, those laws are not only not enforced, but they are unenforceable. Any attempt to try someone for violating those laws would result in the law being deemed unconstitutional.

2nd of all, you still haven't pointed out one single point in time when Brady acted at all wrongly. If he is to be held culpable in this matter, you should be able to point to the action he took that made him so.

I'm so glad that the FARRRRR christian right has reared its ugly, irrelevant head in this forum.

Mods, please banish this thread to parts unknown.

First of all, those laws are not only not enforced, but they are unenforceable. Any attempt to try someone for violating those laws would result in the law being deemed unconstitutional.

That is your opinion and, under the horror show that passes for modern Constitutional interpretation by the 9 unelected tyrants in black robes, you may be correct. However, that's not what Pats-Blue argued.

2nd of all, you still haven't pointed out one single point in time when Brady acted at all wrongly. If he is to be held culpable in this matter, you should be able to point to the action he took that made him so.

It should be pretty clear that the "wrong" in question is fathering a child out of wedlock, particularly, when it comes to Brady, in the context of claiming to be a role model. I've pointed it out about seemingly a thousand times.

I'm so glad that the FARRRRR christian right has reared its ugly, irrelevant head in this forum.

Mods, please banish this thread to parts unknown.

1.) It's not just the FARRRRR christian right who believes that having children out of wedlock is bad.

2.) My position about this here in the forum has little or nothing to do with Christianity, except with regards to the 'historical' aspect which I noted earlier.

1.) It's not just the FARRRRR christian right who believes that having children out of wedlock is bad.

2.) My position about this here in the forum has little or nothing to do with Christianity, except with regards to the 'historical' aspect which I noted earlier.

Far christian right = fundamentalists = lack of reason, misplaced claims to moral superiority = Deus Irae.

What if you don't believe in marriage? What if a woman "role model" decided to have a baby because she wanted to be a mom but wasn't in a relationship? I guess she would not fit your definition of a "role model"? I guess only people who hang around waiting for Mr. Right should be "allowed" to be parents in your world? And if a relationship just doesn't work out for you, well, sucks to be you?

I hate this thread.

Far christian right = fundamentalists = lack of reason, misplaced claims to moral superiority = Deus Irae.

Given that I'm not a fundamentalist and am talking strictly about reason as opposed to the ludicrous emoting of people such as yourself, thanks for the humor.

There is absolutely no reason for that. It is completely irresponsible.
Ya think?

This guy's not a lunatic of biblical proportions - he's a scumbag of biblical proportions. Why don't they garnish his wages? And then they can tie off his testicles too, as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
Given that I'm not a fundamentalist and am talking strictly about reason as opposed to the ludicrous emoting of people such as yourself, thanks for the humor.

You believe yourself to be reasoning, but to everyone else, you seem wholly irrational.

This, my friend, is the hallmark of fundamentalism.

What if you don't believe in marriage? What if a woman "role model" decided to have a baby because she wanted to be a mom but wasn't in a relationship? I guess she would not fit your definition of a "role model"? I guess only people who hang around waiting for Mr. Right should be "allowed" to be parents in your world? And if a relationship just doesn't work out for you, well, sucks to be you?

I hate this thread.

Look, let me try to make it clear. We know, from numerous studies, that illegitimacy is a major factor in crime, poverty and numerous other societal negatives. We also know that, historically, such things, in the "love'em and leave'em" vein, were kept to a bare minimum by various methods in society. Those of you wondering what I'm talking about can reflect back on the notion of the 'shotgun wedding' for one example.

My personal beliefs are irrelevant. Frankly, I don't understand why anyone would subject themselves to modern secular american marital law when modern secular contract law can do the job sufficiently well with far less hassle. However, Brady willingly took on the mantle of role model, and that comes with responsibility. He failed in that responsibility and he shouldn't be given a pass on that just because he happens to be a member of the New England Patriots and not a Bengal/Bronco/Cardinal/etc...

You believe yourself to be reasoning, but to everyone else, you seem wholly irrational.

This, my friend, is the hallmark of fundamentalism.

Buy a dictionary, look up the word 'fundamentalism', and then try again.

Look, let me try to make it clear. We know, from numerous studies, that illegitimacy is a major factor in crime, poverty and numerous other societal negatives. We also know that, historically, such things, in the "love'em and leave'em" vein, were kept to a bare minimum by various methods in society. Those of you wondering what I'm talking about can reflect back on the notion of the 'shotgun wedding' for one example.

My personal beliefs are irrelevant. Frankly, I don't understand why anyone would subject themselves to modern secular american marital law when modern secular contract law can do the job sufficiently well with far less hassle. However, Brady willingly took on the mantle of role model, and that comes with responsibility. He failed in that responsibility and he shouldn't be given a pass on that just because he happens to be a member of the New England Patriots and not a Bengal/Bronco/Cardinal/etc...

To be perfectly honest, I don't know what you want from us. What exactly have we done to give Brady a "pass?" Because we didn't initially criticize him to same degree as Travis Henry? When this happened with Tom, I don't remember seeing anyone say "Premarital sex is great! Way to go Tom! You're a role model to all children! You should speak in junior high schools on what sexual positions you used!"

Some here on this thread have said that what he and Bridget did isn't exactly great but they're making the best of the situation and that's ok. Others didn't see a problem with premarital sex and don't think he did anything wrong. However, I challenge you to find a single one of those people that would say the same thing once Tom impregnated the ninth woman. You won't find one.

Again, what do you want us to say?

Look, let me try to make it clear. We know, from numerous studies, that illegitimacy is a major factor in crime, poverty and numerous other societal negatives.

LOL, my favorite argument "Studies show". If you look closely at those "studies", I think there are quite a few more factors to be considered rather than simply being from a single parent household. And I find "illegitimate" to be such a dated and offensive word.

Nine out of ten dentists say that a baby born to a parent with Bridget Moynihan and Tom Brady's background is unlikely to fall victim to poverty and crime.

On a happier note:

The first thread I ever started that has over 1000 views and over 50 responses.

Thank you for coming!

I'll be here all week!

Try the veal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes