PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Boston Radio Stations/Red Sox Collapse

Would you care to explain their new name?

Bank of America is where they (try to) buy their championships through adding ridiculously high-priced free agents. Hence, Bankofamericasox. Their chief rival is the Fidelityinvestmentsyankees.

Curly Haired Boyfriend is on now ... lol

shaughnessy184.jpg

I can never look at Dan again without laughing, thanks Carl Everett

The Bankofamericasox touch something deep within the Boston psyche: the abiding need to feel bad about something. Bankofamericasox fans feel much more secure when miserable than when things are going well. Please note that I make a firm distinction between Bankofamericasox fans and Patriots fans: success, winning, and overall positivism is MUCH more important to Pats fans, most of whom live outside Boston city limits. The excessive b!tching by callers to local sports radio by Bankofamericasox fans actually is an expression of veiled joy that things finally are back where they belong, and another 86 years of abject mediocrity is under way.

I have no doubt that others here will cry foul at my honest and insightful observation. But in your heart of hearts, you know it is true. :singing:

I agree whole heartedly with the bolded part above. Unfortunately that following distinction that you noted between Patriots fans and Red Sox fans is becoming increasingly blurred week by week and year by year.

I realize the perception is skewed by a handful here that say essentially the same thing dozens, if not hundreds of times a week, but the ratio of negativity to positivity on this forum is unfathomable to me for a team that is 3-1. Obviously not everything is sunshine and rainbows and the defense leaves much to be desired, but right now I'm not seeing much of a difference between the two fan bases.

I agree whole heartedly with the bolded part above. Unfortunately that following distinction that you noted between Patriots fans and Red Sox fans is becoming increasingly blurred week by week and year by year.

I realize the perception is skewed by a handful here that say essentially the same thing dozens, if not hundreds of times a week, but the ratio of negativity to positivity on this forum is unfathomable to me for a team that is 3-1. Obviously not everything is sunshine and rainbows and the defense leaves much to be desired, but right now I'm not seeing much of a difference between the two fan bases.

I hate to agree but you're right. There are a couple posters who feel compelled to answer every positive or homerific post with the same old, same old negative rant...BB can't draft, the 2011 D sucks, we have no pass rush, we're the Colts, ad infinitum

We get it. We really do.

Reasonable critics posting well thought out cogent criticisms excepted and welcomed. There's plenty to criticize from cutting the only safetys who could play the game to strange bottom of the roster moves resulting on losing cuts to other teams, etc. A fertile list for an occasional reasoned discussion.

But feeling obligated to clutter every thread with the same old, same old pithy negative rants gets old.

This team has had a great record. Yeah we're the Colts now, but enjoy what we have!

I am not the only one wondering..yesterday, I went to WEEI online to listen to football talk...Patriots Monday...and it was all Baseball. So, I listened, and listened, and waited...and no football talk. Are there any other sports stations in Boston that I can listen to online?:rolleyes:

Patriots.com Radio. It may not be the best, but it's football ALL DAY :woohoo:

Last edited:
I expect it from EEI bu 98.5 is lettin me down. You're the flag ship station of the Stanley cup champions and a team who is tied for first place, talk about them. The red sox talk is meaningless until they actuaally make a move, for now they should be forgotten, like how they forgot how to play baseball in september.

OT: Club house talk during during football season

Is there anything worst than clubhouse talk during football season? I find it insufferable. Please, make it go away.....for the love of GOD!

Let's face it. If they weren't talking about the Red Sox situation, the only football most of the shows would be talking about is Hank Williams Jr. This is the problem with Boston area sports radio, they can only focus on negativity and controversy.

Most of the guys cannot talk intelligently about anything football related other than generalities. There are a few guys who can actually talk real football (Zo, Felger when he actually wants to, Holley, some of the guests on the Big Show, Damon Amendolara), but most talk in generalities and superficially because they don't understand the game enough to talk interestingly about it.

I guarantee you when they finally get around to the Jets/Pats match up this weekend, most of the talk will be about Ryan's mouth and attitude, how the Jets crushed the Pats in the playoffs without much analysis, and other really superficial analysis.

The Bankofamericasox touch something deep within the Boston psyche: the abiding need to feel bad about something. Bankofamericasox fans feel much more secure when miserable than when things are going well. Please note that I make a firm distinction between Bankofamericasox fans and Patriots fans: success, winning, and overall positivism is MUCH more important to Pats fans, most of whom live outside Boston city limits. The excessive b!tching by callers to local sports radio by Bankofamericasox fans actually is an expression of veiled joy that things finally are back where they belong, and another 86 years of abject mediocrity is under way.

I have no doubt that others here will cry foul at my honest and insightful observation. But in your heart of hearts, you know it is true. :singing:

Tunescribe, for years you've been leaping in every time the Red Sox are mentioned here -- even topics like seeing an NFL player at a Sox game -- to complain that there's NO place for baseball-related talk on this football board and that the offensively off-topic thread must be moved immediately...

...unless, of course, the thread is bitter toward the Red Sox, in which case the topic is suddenly relevant and you contribute heartfelt essays. :rofl:

I've never known anyone to take so much pleasure from being an anti-fan of a team! Fight the good fight, friend. :)

my fiancee went online to tune into weei on monday, hoping to hear some patriots next-day post-game talk.

suffice to say, she was really upset at all of the baseball/sox/collapse rabble that dominated the airwaves that morning.

in one of my typical moments of prescience sunday evening, i told her that, having lived in new england for half of my life, it was pointless to listen to that station, or boston radio in general, due to the stranglehold baseball has over the radio/media outlets.

of course, she did not heed my warning, and was therefore vexed whilst having to endure the perpetual baseball chirping of the weei talking heads.

out here in the chicago-land area, it is different. football talk is much more prominent on the airwaves, since chicago bears/football >> other major sports in terms of interest and passion... especially during the months of august - january.

lmao ... Jermaine Wigs just opened up the show talking about John Henry ... WOW ... Embarrassing .. :cool:

lmao ... Jermaine Wigs just opened up the show talking about John Henry ... WOW ... Embarrassing .. :cool:

That's fine. After listening to him on the radio over several months, I don't know if Wiggins knows enough about football to discuss it. I am shocked how a guy who spent 8 years in the league knows so little about the game he played. He might do better talking baseball.

Re: OT: Club house talk during during football season

Whoops....didn't see the other thread

Mods.....Please delete

That's fine. After listening to him on the radio over several months, I don't know if Wiggins knows enough about football to discuss it. I am shocked how a guy who spent 8 years in the league knows so little about the game he played. He might do better talking baseball.

I listen to him to catch some locker room nuggets n what not from when he played .. yeah, he's leaking oil

Tunescribe, for years you've been leaping in every time the Red Sox are mentioned here -- even topics like seeing an NFL player at a Sox game -- to complain that there's NO place for baseball-related talk on this football board and that the offensively off-topic thread must be moved immediately...

...unless, of course, the thread is bitter toward the Red Sox, in which case the topic is suddenly relevant and you contribute heartfelt essays. :rofl:

I've never known anyone to take so much pleasure from being an anti-fan of a team! Fight the good fight, friend. :)

In either case, my posts are based solely on truth and logic. :singing: And to be honest, I take absolutely NO pleasure in decrying the many ills of the Bankofamericasox and MLB. I simply wish they'd just go away.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back