PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bonds exposed, Shadows details superstar slugger's steroid use

Status
Not open for further replies.
maverick4 said:
Bonds is an as*hole and a cheater and a pathetic human being. But if McGuire, Sosa, and Giambi get in, Bonds needs to be in the hall.

The hall has admitted pitchers who have admitted cheating and greasing up baseballs, it has complete ****s and bad people, but it is also supposed to be a showcase of the game's all-time greats.

I think tons of players have been on 'roids over the past ten years. How are we to asterisk some achievements and not others? He was also a HOF lock before 1998, in my opinion. Bonds enhanced his body, but he never did anything that was illegal under MLB (thank the idiot union).

I think in 1998, he saw how everyone else was cheating, not getting caught, and then did it better than all of them did. He's like a smart kid who saw the teacher giving the highest grades to cheaters, and decided to give in and cheat as well. It's not right, but it's also not the worst crime imaginable.

I HATE defending this prick, but I think it's weird how he has to take all the blame for what everyone else was doing.

Folks are keying on Bonds for than others, for a couple of reasons (among others). He is such a horrible, mean, nasty, rude, pathetic human being, that people are forced (for lack of a better word) to wish the worst for him. Secondly, records are so valued in baseball. Bonds is approaching one of the most sacred ones, and that bothers people to the max, since he cheated.

Bostonian1962 said:
Bonds is approaching one of the most sacred ones, and that bothers people to the max, since he cheated.

I might buy this except for the fact that when Mark Mcgwire was approaching an equally sacred record and had stuff sitting in his locker that was banned in every other major sport as a perfomrance enhancing drug. Few reporters went near the story. None did the in depth investigating that went on with Bonds. The reason was because they liked McGwire and Sosa and they hate Bonds. I still haven't seen so much as an in depth article detailing the use by those 2 guys and does anyone doubt that it could be dug up with a little effort?

Bonds is a first class jerk and not enough bad things can happen to him as far as I'm concerned. Just don't think for a second that it isn't the dislike of the man personally that drives such in depth scrutiny from the media.

The most ridiculous thing in this entire story remains and will always remain that the statement above is simply false. Barry Bonds is a criminal. He isn't a cheat. Nothing he did was against the rules of baseball. Both the players and owners were making far too much $ off the HR boom to make it against the rules before Congress forced them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back