PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bonds exposed, Shadows details superstar slugger's steroid use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cramden

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Interesting read on CNNSI. Not surprising that he used them but in depth detail on his regiment and variety of steroids used.

http://tinyurl.com/edowl

Cramden said:
Interesting read on CNNSI. Not surprising that he used them but in depth detail on his regiment and variety of steroids used.

Its all over for Bonds. While it might not all be admissable in a court of law, in the court of public opinion, this level of detail leaves little doubt that he cheated with steroids.

Perhaps had he walked away this season and not flirted with overtaking Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron this information wouldn't have come out - but now he's looking at more than just an asterix next to his name. One has to wonder if the additional inquiries this will spur will keep him out of the Hall of Fame.

I'm predicting that Bonds "knees" take a turn for the worse sometime during spring training and that he retires before he starts his "farewell tour"

JoeSixPat said:
Its all over for Bonds. While it might not all be admissable in a court of law, in the court of public opinion, this level of detail leaves little doubt that he cheated with steroids.

Perhaps had he walked away this season and not flirted with overtaking Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron this information wouldn't have come out - but now he's looking at more than just an asterix next to his name. One has to wonder if the additional inquiries this will spur will keep him out of the Hall of Fame.

I'm predicting that Bonds "knees" take a turn for the worse sometime during spring training and that he retires before he starts his "farewell tour"

No way, since the Union will not allow HGH(I mean flax seed oil) testing (Fehr said recently when the union is confident that there is a "reliable" "urine" test they will look into it until then...have at it) Bonds get away with it, even when his agent speaks "He has never used a banned substance" (hhmmm notice that steroids were not "banned" all this time in baseball) The guy is beyond a cheater and has been obvious the whole time but baseball will do nothing about it, they never have and never will...there is a "reliable" test for HGH as they use it in the Olympics but I guess that isn't good enough for the players union. It will be good enough when the newest "flax seed oil" that is undetectable comes out and players like Bonds can get thier fix without getting caught.

They should put an * next to every one of his records.

Willie55 said:
They should put an * next to every one of his records.

They should but they won't b/c of assclowns like Mike and Mike in the Morning saying, "I'd still put him in the hall" He hit so many home runs!

Nevermind they were all enhancement aided.

Morons.

pats-blue said:
No way, since the Union will not allow HGH(I mean flax seed oil) testing (Fehr said recently when the union is confident that there is a "reliable" "urine" test they will look into it until then...have at it) Bonds get away with it, even when his agent speaks "He has never used a banned substance" (hhmmm notice that steroids were not "banned" all this time in baseball) The guy is beyond a cheater and has been obvious the whole time but baseball will do nothing about it, they never have and never will...there is a "reliable" test for HGH as they use it in the Olympics but I guess that isn't good enough for the players union. It will be good enough when the newest "flax seed oil" that is undetectable comes out and players like Bonds can get thier fix without getting caught.

Baseball may do nothing about it, but if these accusations can be proven it SHOULD be enough to keep him out of the Hall of Fame.

It depends on how well they documented things. My first impression is that he's toast though.

re:

Bonds is an as*hole and a cheater and a pathetic human being. But if McGuire, Sosa, and Giambi get in, Bonds needs to be in the hall.

The hall has admitted pitchers who have admitted cheating and greasing up baseballs, it has complete ****s and bad people, but it is also supposed to be a showcase of the game's all-time greats.

I think tons of players have been on 'roids over the past ten years. How are we to asterisk some achievements and not others? He was also a HOF lock before 1998, in my opinion. Bonds enhanced his body, but he never did anything that was illegal under MLB (thank the idiot union).

I think in 1998, he saw how everyone else was cheating, not getting caught, and then did it better than all of them did. He's like a smart kid who saw the teacher giving the highest grades to cheaters, and decided to give in and cheat as well. It's not right, but it's also not the worst crime imaginable.

I HATE defending this prick, but I think it's weird how he has to take all the blame for what everyone else was doing.

Last edited:
maverick4 said:
Bonds is an as*hole and a cheater and a pathetic human being. But if McGuire, Sosa, and Giambi get in, Bonds needs to be in the hall.

The hall has admitted pitchers who have admitted cheating and greasing up baseballs, it has complete ****s and bad people, but it is also supposed to be a showcase of the game's all-time greats.

I think tons of players have been on 'roids over the past ten years. How are we to asterisk some achievements and not others? He was also a HOF lock before 1998, in my opinion. Bonds enhanced his body, but he never did anything that was illegal under MLB (thank the idiot union).

I think in 1998, he saw how everyone else was cheating, not getting caught, and then did it better than all of them did. He's like a smart kid who saw the teacher giving the highest grades to cheaters, and decided to give in and cheat as well. It's not right, but it's also not the worst crime imaginable.

I HATE defending this prick, but I think it's weird how he has to take all the blame for what everyone else was doing.

Lord I don't want to get in this debate, but he doesn't have to take the blame for everyone. He has to take the blame FOR HIS ACTIONS. And his actions, were cheating. Who gives a damn about the MLB rules. How about the fact that steroids, are illegal period.

Bonds is not an "all time great" without the enhancements. Therefore, I hope to see him living under a bridge 5 years from now, instead of giving his acceptance speech in Cooperstown.

1986-1997

Average:.289
Average RBI:93
Average HR:31
SLG:.556

1998-Present

Average:.327
Average RBI:105
Average HR:49
SLG:.756

Screw him.

I hope he has the sense to retire now..If not they should definitely ASTERICK him...not doubt..he's a cheater first class one..like the others McGwire and xompany...OUT of the Hall...makes Maris's record look pretty good considering how it takes steriods to get beyond it. Testing for HGH from what I understand is expensive and not suitable for a longer period of time..like for a season. In the public arena, he'll be known as a cheater///and that shame will be good enough.

And look at those numbers. You mean to tell me he was gettin into his prime as retirement came closer? Right, whatever.

But I'm just soo sure Bonds is clean! This news is about as surprising as saying I got out of bed this morning. F Bonds, and his fake records.

Well, for me, the question is not whether Bonds was clean, because we know he wasn't....the question is whether he knew the stuff he was taking was steroids. And I think it stretches credulity to say this world class athlete had no idea that his trainers were giving him steroids. Your body is changing, your numbers are improving by leaps and bounds and you have NO idea that the weird stuff your trainer keeps giving you is steroids? Give me just a small break.

Bonds is a liar. I sure hope he's over because I'm damn sick of hearing about him and his fake records.

Last edited:
This guy is a classless......

Cramden said:

arrogant,stupid/ignorant,no morals SOB that deserves every bad thing that can come to someone as despicable as this pile of sh##......To say that he is a CHEATER,....is an understatement. To watch all these LEGENDARY and honorable records fall one by one to scumbags like Bonds and McGuire is gut wrenching. Maris, Ruth, Aaron, Mantle,Williams, Dimaggio.....these guys did it the HARD way....they EARNED it.

Bonds should be banned from the league for this, in addition to all the BS and lying that he has done before. If not, he will always have a HUGE ASTERISK next to his name if he goes on to "break" Ruth and Aaron's records....The guy should do the only honorable and TRUTHFUL thing that he has EVER DONE IN HIS CAREER.....and RETIRE!!!!! Don't rob the great one's of their hard earned records you scumball.....!!!!!

It's like Rosie Ruiz in the Boston Marathon....made record time....BUT NEVER RAN THE WHOLE RACE......this.....is Barry "piece of sh##" Bonds.......

Believe it.....

Bella*chick said:
Well, for me, the question is not whether Bonds was clean, because we know he wasn't....the question is whether he knew the stuff he was taking was steroids. And I think it stretches credulity to say this world class athlete had no idea that his trainers were giving him steroids. Your body is changing, your numbers are improving by leaps and bounds and you have NO idea that the weird stuff your trainer keeps giving you is steroids? Give me just a small break.

Bonds is a liar. I sure hope he's over because I'm damn sick of hearing about him and his fake records.

"the question is whether he knew the stuff he was taking was steroids. "

Believe me....this scumbag KNEW THE WHOLE TIME what he was doing and taking. It wasn't just the "creams and lotions" (that is all he did according to him) it was plenty of sticking syringes in his a##, gulping down pills (oh yeah.....you must have thought they were flintstone vitamins right Barry??) by the handfuls and putting pills under his tongue for faster absorption......THIS GUY IS A CHEATING SCUMBAG.....and he knows that he is GUILTY!!!!

Barry "Piece of sh##" Bonds **

Read

There have already been books or accusations about Canseco, McGuire, Sosa, Palmeiro, Giambi, and Bonds. None of this is news; this new book doesn't push the debate in either direction. I think MLB has cause to exclude players if they broke rules and were caught doing that. But MLB didn't have a steroids policy before 2002. Bottom line - they either all have to go down or all get a pass, even if it sucks to do it.

I think it's dumb, but I think it's more unfair to screw over a few players who technically didn't violate rules. I mean, what about the players that didn't get caught? For example, not to say in any way that they did, but what if Albert Pujols or A-Rod used steroids at some point? What if Roger Clemens used steroids to extend his career?

Here is an excerpt I found on Hall of Fame pitchers like Gaylord Perry who greased, spit, and scuffed their balls and don't even think they did anything wrong:
http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/bp/1383204.html

"Parrish was right; pitchers cheating has been a part of baseball as long as the game has been played. Some of the greatest pitchers in baseball were cheaters, caught and admitted. Joe Niekro, Whitey Ford -- who once said, "It was as though I had my own tool bench out there with me," -- and even Don Sutton, who when accused of using foreign substances, is said to have replied, "Not true at all. Vaseline is manufactured right here in the United States."

Without any doubt, though, the greatest cheater of all was Gaylord Perry.

Perry spent two years bouncing between the minors and the Giants before he started cheating. He then carved out a 22-year career that put him in Cooperstown. Perry wasn't only a great cheater, though, he was a great pitcher with enormous talent: he won two Cy Young Awards, becoming the first pitcher to receive the honor in both leagues, finished in the top 10 in ERA 11 times and strikeouts 12 times, and went to the All-Star Game five times. He was a better-than average pitcher as late as 1980, when he was 40 and had been pitching for 18 seasons.

Though he's known as a spitball artist, Gaylord Perry didn't throw a spitter when he cheated, for the most part. He threw greaseballs. Vaseline was his mainstay, but as a great cheating mind, Perry was open to experimentation. "Man, I tried everything," Perry once said. "When my wife was having babies the doctor would send over all kinds of stuff and I'd try that, too. Once I even used fishing line oil."

Before:
1986-topps-bonds.jpg

After:
p1_bonds.jpg

Barry Bonds, Mark Mcguire, and Sammy Sosa , all should have asterisk's by there name and the records should be taken away, it would give Baseball some respect back... Until then I dont follow baseball ,like I did when I was a kid... Football has always been america's pastime with me...

Sadly, the book doesn't seem to document a single violation of the rules of professional baseball.

There is simply no way they do anything with him.

dhamz said:
Sadly, the book doesn't seem to document a single violation of the rules of professional baseball.

There is simply no way they do anything with him.

It may be that the rules of baseball is the least of Bond's worry.

The filecabinets full of documentation detailing exactly which steroids Bonds knowingly took, on a pill by pill basis, over years and years seems to fly in the face of his testimony to the Grand Jury when he swore that he had never knowingly taken steroids.

Bonds better be hoping that the feds don't decide to make an example out of him and bring him up on perjury charges. Do prison's even have organized baseball?

Breaking News

Barry Bonds took steriods. That's right he did, I know that's a shocker.

Now will ESPN & WEEI move on , FGS. Every time steriods are brought up it's three day of non stop steriods talk, if we are lucky.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back