PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Boise State ties OSU with a hook and ladder with 18 seconds left

Status
Not open for further replies.
1)Psuedo schools?!? Wow! You are subtle!

But moving beyond that degree of idiocy, you think every BCS bowl game is a good game? There are lots of routs that make the game uninteresting, and I'm talking about your "major" schools.
I like the odds better with real schools. For God's sake, we're stuck with Wake Forest and Louisville tomorrow. Ick.

2) You don't think they "earn" it with who they play in the regular season? Well, then how else are they supposed to "earn" it???
Maybe they just can't. Meanwhile this system messes up the bowls. I'd have much preferred Oklahama against, say, Auburn.

Boise St. deserved their shot at a BCS bowl. If anything their win merely fuels my cause de jour, a college playoff format. Hats off to Boise.

OU had a nice season. Big 12 champions after a lot of off the field crap this year and the hose job in Oregon. I do think Stoops is an exceptionally poor bowl coach.

Boise St. deserved their shot at a BCS bowl. If anything their win merely fuels my cause de jour, a college playoff format. Hats off to Boise.
That's the problem, now this crap will be encouraged :(

I'm all for an 8 team playoff. I'd even let the top ranked "pseudo" in ;) But under this system I hate it. Wake Forest, Louisville, BSU, Rutgers all in BCS Bowls. Yuck.

OU had a nice season. Big 12 champions after a lot of off the field crap this year and the hose job in Oregon. I do think Stoops is an exceptionally poor bowl coach.
He "stoops" to that level? :rolleyes:

How about the schedule that Nebraska plays evey year,and how they load it up with patsys at the beginning of their schedule.

Sat, Sep 2 Louisiana Tech W 49-10 --

Sat, Sep 9 Nicholls State W 56-7 --

Sat, Sep 23 Troy

There's some real powerhouses.
Sure and the Big 12 is weak right now. But the Big 12 schedule is still better than the WAC - and Nebraska did play USC, you conveniently forgot to mention that.

I like the odds better with real schools. For God's sake, we're stuck with Wake Forest and Louisville tomorrow. Ick.

Both Wake Forest and Louisville each won their major BCS conference. There is nothing controversial about tommorow's game.

But are they not good enough too? What are we supposed to have? A tournament of all the "real schools" each year? That way we see Alabama, Miami, Florida State, Nebraska, etc. go up against each other. Sounds greaaaaat.

Both Wake Forest and Louisville each won their major BCS conference. There is nothing controversial about tommorow's game.

But are they not good enough too? What are we supposed to have? A tournament of all the "real schools" each year? That way we see Alabama, Miami, Florida State, Nebraska, etc. go up against each other. Sounds greaaaaat.
Yeah, baby :)

The ACC and Big East both suck too.

Yeah, baby :)

The ACC and Big East both suck too.

But the problem is that some of the "real schools" aren't exactly setting the world on fire anymore. They don't deserve to be there.

Last edited:
There was just a bulletin out of Norman. OU has fired Stoops and hired NEM's ear hair as its next head football coach.
That's a new slant on football dementia.

But the problem is that all of the "real schools" aren't exactly setting the world on fire anymore. They don't deserve to be there.
I know. I just don't want any team from a conference lower than the ACC (read : WAC) in a BCS bowl. Undefeated or not. Unless they play at least two good (read : top 20) out of conference games.

And please don't have the ACC and Big East champs against each other - talk about a NOTHING game.

Now - LSU, Notre Dame that excites me even if LSU blows Charlie out.

Yeh, but those bands at half time were so cool!
Bands . . . Aaaaargh. I'm out :)

I'd prefer to watch to psuedo schools play than watch real schools' marching bands ;)

Bands . . . Aaaaargh. I'm out :)

I'd prefer to watch to psuedo schools play than watch real schools' marching bands ;)

Come on, this is what college football is all about!

fourscript.jpg

:rocker:

That reminds me of an old cartoon panel I saw in an Archie comic book when I was a kid.

Archie is commenting to one of the girls, "Man! What spirit our marching band has! We're down 56-0 at halftime and they still go out there and do their stuff!"

The next panel has an aerial view of the stadium, with the marching band spelling out, "OUR TEAM STINKS"!

That's the problem, now this crap will be encouraged :(

I'm all for an 8 team playoff. I'd even let the top ranked "pseudo" in ;) But under this system I hate it. Wake Forest, Louisville, BSU, Rutgers all in BCS Bowls. Yuck.

Well so far the pseudo teams are aquitting themselves quite well, the MWC (Utah, BYU) and WAC (BSU, Hawaii) are undefeated I believe and the Big East teams are also (Rutgers, WVU)

They also have played an entertaining style. I think the Majors don't have the gap wth the mid Majors they used to have. I hear how great the SEC is but they haven't had a great bowl season.

Well so far the pseudo teams are aquitting themselves quite well, the MWC (Utah, BYU) and WAC (BSU, Hawaii) are undefeated I believe and the Big East teams are also (Rutgers, WVU)
I know - and if BYU and Hawaii want to play in a bowl game more power to them. I just don't want WAC teams in BCS bowls because, despite what happened last night, the odds aren't good for good games IMO.

So I have a question - if Florida were to beat Ohio State do you guys think Boise State should be National Champions ? After all, they'd be the only undefeated team . . .

WOW!!!!!!!!! Nice fake Boise!!!!!!

Good thing I went to bed after the OSU pick off for an interception.... thank goodness for ESPN classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes