Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
apologies if this has been posted ..just read this on BSM

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/

there is a transcript of the felger borges conversation ...interesting points

Borges: What I was up in arms about was the fact that he LIED to the guy about what the situation was gonna be in terms of what he had to do to win his job back.

Felger: OK, let me ask you about that. Why do we care so much that a football coach lies? What’s the diff? He’s a football coach!

Borges: Well, because I think if you want your players, to…I just don’t think it’s a smart way to deal with the players. If you want to lie to me, fine, they make a living doing that. They want to lie to you, they lie to you everyday.

Felger: How did Belichick lie? What did he say to Drew?

Borges: What Bledsoe said to him at the original meeting, when he was cleared to practice, and I know this firsthand, for a lot of reasons,

Felger: Why…you were sitting there on the couch?

Borges: I PREPARED THE GUY TO GO MEET HIM! Quite frankly!

Felger: Hold on…so you talked…Bledsoe called you up and said “Ron, I’m about to go talk to Belichick, help me outâ€

Borges: He said, you know, how’s this, what’s the, how do you think this is likely to go down? And I told him, which turned out to be exactly what it was. I said, when he says to you, uh, you’re going to have to show in practice, which is, of course what he said, you need to ask him how long you have…

if its true iam amazed how much control borges had over a professional player having a far superior role in the organization

Even assuming all this is true, I have never really understood this. BB says he could compete, and then decides he wants to go with Brady. It's not like Drew signed an extension based on a representation or suffered some loss in some way. If BB said immediately that it was Brady's job, how would Drew have done anything different?

After 5 years and 3 super bowls, the guy can't let go. It's pathetic.

onegameatatime said:
Even assuming all this is true...It's pathetic.
Does it sound like it could be true? Didn't Drew have an agent for things like this?

Borges got a 'leak' from Drew or his agent once upon a time. He has been embellishing ever since. Before long, he'll be telling us Belichick lied to him (Borges). Eventually, he'll be writing that Bill promised him a shot at starting QB.

The guy is quite insane. Watch him on tv. I've never seen someone so uncomfortable in his own skin...I would be too.

It's no wonder Borges stroked Drew LedSlow in all of those past atricles. Bledsoe gave him leads...and now he can't get 1 player to talk to him.

Last edited:
len_mullen said:
Does it sound like it could be true? Didn't Drew have an agent for things like this?

Borges got a 'leak' from Drew or his agent once upon a time. He has been embellishing ever since. Before long, he'll be telling us Belichick lied to him (Borges). Eventually, he'll be writing that Bill promised him a shot at starting QB.

The guy is quite insane. Watch him on tv. I've never seen someone so uncomfortable in his own skin...I would be too.

Exactly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing