Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Bishop Earns Starting Job in Canada

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by TeamPats, Jul 9, 2007.

1. TeamPats

TeamPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

A blast from the past, it's good to see that he is still working hard and succeeding even if it is in Canada. He was well-liked here in New England and at one point, higher then Brady on the depth chart. My oh my how far we have come in 6 years. I had forgotten that he was a Heisman finalist at Kansas State.

He replaced Mike McMahon for the record, who had some so-so years. It's funny to see all of these names playing in Canada, link below:

http://www.wellandtribune.ca/webapp/sitepages/content.asp?contentid=603513&catname=Sports&classif=
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  2. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I was not a fan, he was overhyped by the media that was sick of Bledsoe... Thank the good lord Belichick and Weis saw thru the charade///
  3. TeamPats

TeamPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You know it's weird, when Bishop was the "next big thing", a scrambling QB seemed so sureal. I remember being fascinated by the idea of my QB running around making plays especially in contrast to Bledsoe. I know Steve Young and Elway used to scramble as well but to me they were always pass first oriented. Back then, a scrambling QB to me was me playing NFL Quarterback Club with Randall Cunningham. And at the time I thought it was the most amazing thing to be that athletically gifted with speed at the QB spot. It's interesting to see now in the NFL how a scrambling QB is no longer unique, although has shown to cause injury worries and an often times inconsistent offense.
  4. Krugman

Krugman Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree its good to see him still playing.The guy sure could scramble,but thats not enough in this league.....best of luck,Mike.
  5. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

Didn't Bishop chunk a hail mary pass for a TD at the end of the first half of a game while playing for us???????
  6. Krugman

Krugman Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I do recall that hail mary pass,cant remember who the Pats were playing,though.Also remember that Bishop would come in at times on third-and -short plays in the red-zone,as the defence would have to account for his running abilities.I dont recall what his success rate was in those situations,
    but I dont think it was exceptional.It did spice up the game a bit (or it did for me).
  7. BB_dynasty

BB_dynasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

And sometimes dogfights :)
  8. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

How many of you guys remember Fran Tarkenton? I think he might have been the one for whom the term "scrambling quarterback" was invented.
  9. DB15

DB15 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

he didnt replace mcmachon, he is still 3rdqb
  10. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -0

Too many fans always seem to think the backup QB is the most talented guy on the team.

They've only been right about that once, though even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut.
  11. TomBradyWoot

TomBradyWoot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Vs Indianapolis.
  12. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

He's a perfect example of how much "athleticism" counts for in the NFL, especially at the QB spot.

Last I checked he was playing in the AFL. Did he fail there too?
  13. patsfan55

patsfan55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

he actually finished second in the heisman voting, behind ricky williams i believe

i admittedly bought into the hype in 2000
    but (honestly, ask my dad and a couple of my best friends) once we got tom (i'm a huge wolverine fan) i didnt really care much about bishop, since i knew we had our possible next starter

bishop also attempted a pass in that famous game against the dolphins when the game was over...then it wasn't
  14. MetalBleachers

MetalBleachers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bishop's doing well! I knew it! I am PUMPED! I am JACKED! I am psyched to leave him in there in the fourth quarter this August to see what he can do for us!

Sincerely,
    Pete Carroll :rolleyes:
  15. E Belichick Unum

E Belichick Unum Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I used to see him at some charity events. He had a posse and a publicist with him at every one. He was also the most charismatic player on the field. Kind of a jerk at times, he put on a great act for the crowd and was a great athlete. I think I have a autographed rookie card somewhere. Any takers?
  16. fumbrunner

fumbrunner Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0