PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bills release Langston Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty remarkable considering how bad their rookies look in the middle of that line.

Right or wrong, I'm inclined to believe there is a whole lot more second guessing going on across the nation with the roster moves that have been made in Foxboro rather than the roster moves made in Orchard Park the last few days.

The Bills really, really like the potential of Demetrius Bell at LT. They really feel like they've found a diamond in the rough for that position. He's the son of basketball player Karl Malone. Bell is an athletic, powerful, and agile 300-pounder that has played basketball. Releasing Walker probably would have happened sooner had Bell not tweaked his back a couple of weeks ago.

Although, I don't understand the Bills' not keeping Walker around as depth. That was stupid, even if it was over money.

On the other hand, if you guys watched the draft, most of the experts picked the Bills in the top three as far as a successful draft goes. Some picked them #1, and this was with 2 of our supposed starters at Guard taken in the top 2 rounds...these would be Wood and Levitre.

Bell, Wood, and Levitre...how they play is going to dictate a lot on how the Bills do, as well as our new Center and moving Brad Butler over to RT will. There IS some potential there if you've followed it.

Last edited:
Right or wrong, I'm inclined to believe there is a whole lot more second guessing going on across the nation with the roster moves that have been made in Foxboro rather than the roster moves made in Orchard Park the last few days.

No one has had more negative media coverage this offseason IMO than McDaniels who everyone is saying has destroyed the team from what Shanahan took to build it all these years.

The Bills really, really like the potential of Demetrius Bell at LT. They really feel like they've found a diamond in the rough for that position. He's the son of basketball player Karl Malone. Bell is an athletic, powerful, and agile 300-pounder that has played basketball. Releasing Walker probably would have happened sooner had Bell not tweaked his back a couple of weeks ago.

Although, I don't understand the Bills' not keeping Walker around as depth. That was stupid, even if it was over money.

On the other hand, if you guys watched the draft, most of the experts picked the Bills in the top three as far as a successful draft goes. Some picked them #1, and this was with 2 of our supposed starters at Guard taken in the top 2 rounds...these would be Wood and Levitre.

Bell, Wood, and Levitre...how they play is going to dictate a lot on how the Bills do, as well as our new Center and moving Brad Butler over to RT will. There IS some potential there if you've followed it.

Ahhh, very good to know. I read an article about Bell a couple years ago, but hadn't thought about him in a long time- glad to hear he's carved out a career for himself. By all accounts Karl Malone hasn't much of a dad to him...

Ahhh, very good to know. I read an article about Bell a couple years ago, but hadn't thought about him in a long time- glad to hear he's carved out a career for himself. By all accounts Karl Malone hasn't much of a dad to him...

Yeah, Karl Malone was pretty much a total asswipe from what I've heard...won't acknowledge that he is the father or some such.

Anyway, we picked Bell in the 7th round last year and there has been a whole bunch of hype surrounding him from the beginning. There was no football team at his high school, so he had to work his way up slowly. It's really a great story, and you have to root for this kid no matter what side of the fence you are on. He's got the raw skills. Remember that Jason Peters went undrafted as a tight end, so the Bills know how to bring these young kids along...just like they always do at CB.

Last edited:
Yeah, Karl Malone was pretty much a total asswipe from what I've heard...won't acknowledge that he is the father or some such.

Anyway, we picked Bell in the 7th round last year and there has been a whole bunch of hype surrounding him from the beginning. There was no football team at his high school, so he had to work his way up slowly. It's really a great story, and you have to root for this kid no matter what side of the fence you are on. He's got the raw skills. Remember that Jason Peters went undrafted as a tight end, so the Bills know how to bring these young kids along...just like they always do at CB.

Yeah, definitely, I'll be rooting for the kid. I'll also be rooting for Karl Malone to go bankrupt, just so he can come knocking at his door begging for money :p

To me, this post indicates that the Bills have a decent shot of having an above average offensive line in 2 years.

For this year, I expect them to be in the bottom 5 and clearly have a decent shot of being the worst in the NFL.

I think the Bills O-Line is in trouble with all the changes. It will take them a few games to get it together. I hope the Patriots Defense blitzes a lot to keep the pressure on Edwards. I see a lot of turnovers for the Bills in this game.

To me, this post indicates that the Bills have a decent shot of having an above average offensive line in 2 years.

For this year, I expect them to be in the bottom 5 and clearly have a decent shot of being the worst in the NFL.

I think that's a fair assessment. They made the right move with Peters, imo, so if I had to guess I'd bet that they've made the right move w/ Walker too. Won't help em this year, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back