PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bills fire Jauron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bills fire Jauron

I doubt we would officially switch coordinators in mid-season, but I could see bringing him in as an Assistant Head Coach and using his experience.

As a minor note, he wouldn't be brought in as Assistant Head Coach. By rule, you're only allowed one, and the Patriots already have one: Dante Scarnecchia (who coached one game when BB had a family emergency).

Last edited:
Best of luck to whoever takes over that team...

OT: Bills fire head coach Jauron

Buffalo Bills fire head coach **** Jauron after 3-6 start - ESPN

The Buffalo Bills fired head coach **** Jauron on Tuesday after a 3-6 start in which the offense has been one of the worst in the NFL.

Jauron was 24-33 since being hired by former general manager Marv Levy in 2006 to be head coach. He has two years remaining on his contract that will pay him a total of $6 million in 2009 and 2010.

It will be interesting to see if the Bills go after the big name former head coaches that are out there. I'm sure Raplh Wilson has someone in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: OT: Bills fire head coach Jauron

thats too bad.
its nice to have some consistently weak teams in the division.
i hope they are not able to pull off another Parcells move like miami did.

-- FRITZ

So what took them so long?

Not a surprise that he got fired......except I'm surprised it took this long.

The Q is who's next?

Shanny? DOUBTFUL- he sees they have no offense there(and may be eyeing Chi).
Cowher?- Hmmmmm
Gruden? May be looking at Carolina...I would be with the 2 headed monster they have.

Guess it wasn't the Offensive Coordinator's fault after all...but $6 million bucks for sitting out the next two seasons is a lot of Greens Fees...he's not one of the "bad guys," weak NFL HC maybe, but not a bad guy...hope he ends up somewhere as a coordinator in the NFL or maybe as an HC in College.

BTW, though, after these two firings, will anyone in their right mind want to work for "Ralph Wilson Junior" in his dotage?

Last edited:

Jauron would look pretty good as one of our defensive coaches. And we wouldn't have to pay him much considering what Buffalo is already paying him to not coach their team. :D

Reaction from Bills fans...

Maybe I'm alone, but I actually feel sorry for the Bills. It's truly depressing to see how their dynasty has crumbled from back in the Jim Kelly-era IMO. I'd like to give their kicker another shot at the Super Bowl against the Giants.

Only one thing for me to say:

YEEAAHHHHHHH!!!

Jauron would look pretty good as one of our defensive coaches. And we wouldn't have to pay him much considering what Buffalo is already paying him to not coach their team. :D

I have read that he is a simpleton.....that would worry me.

Every picture I have ever seen of him, he looks emotionless.

Maybe I'm alone, but I actually feel sorry for the Bills. It's truly depressing to see how their dynasty has crumbled from back in the Jim Kelly-era IMO. I'd like to give their kicker another shot at the Super Bowl against the Giants.

I agree completely. I like the Bills.

Are we playing this game with coaches now too?

Maybe we can pick-up everyone who gets kicked off the island in survivor, too! :rolleyes:

i was just thinking the same thing...how funny that every cut player or fired coach should be brought in to foxboro for a look.

This sucks. Now Buffalo might hire someone competent and be a threat in the division.

Then again, who wants to go to Buffalo?

I hear Al Davis is interested in the D-coordinator position for the Pats. :singing:

I have a buddy who's a Bills fan who is jumped for joy when he heard the news. Literally. He's been wanting **** Jauron fired for years.

Also:

**** Jau-ron
**** Jaw-ron
**** Jaw

I fail to see how firing the HC mid season helps the club. Don't know enough of the local Buffalo media situation, but only if the vast majority fan base had given up on the guy and was boycoting games as a result would you do this. What new, action precipitating information about Jauron's long demonstrated ineptitude as an HC has suddenly come to light in Ralph Wilson's diminished mind?

Given the ownership, the financials and the depressed area of the country, I do not see how the Bills will ever be competitive. I don't mind them geting good draft picks because they're not in a position to do all the other things needed to improve the club. Better our Bills rivals pick early than the JESTs who Gholston aside, have drafted reasonably well.

Last edited:

It's easy to feel sentiments like this when a division rival is losing. I just hope they don't bring in someone who makes them a threat. One thing I don't understand is why they fired Jauron now instead of at the end of the season, unless they believe it will help their search process. The joker they have as interim head coach isn't going to accomplish anything. It looks like they've thrown in the towel with seven games to go, which doesn't do Bills fans any favors.

Every picture I have ever seen of him, he looks emotionless.

He's a good coach, just ultra-conservative in his approach to strategy. And I think stoicism is probably a byproduct of coaching in Buffalo. It's a coping mechanism.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye