PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bills fans love Tedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT- Bills fans love Tedy

I just love reading some of the stuff these guys come up with. It's good for a chuckle.
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=53896

A little bit of history on that--on all Bills boards "Saint Tedy" gets that treatment. It all started when he came back for that Sunday night game against us after his stroke and the ESPN jokers were going on and on and on about him and his recovery, making it sound like he was a one-man wrecking crew solely responsible on his own for the Bills defeat (when in reality, he was still getting in game shape and about 203 steps too slow to every play). The running joke was that Bruschi made the tackle so long as he was within 5 yards of the guy when he went down. From hearing the announcers tell it, Tedy did everything, including curing cancer.....

A little bit of history on that--on all Bills boards "Saint Tedy" gets that treatment. It all started when he came back for that Sunday night game against us after his stroke and the ESPN jokers were going on and on and on about him and his recovery, making it sound like he was a one-man wrecking crew solely responsible on his own for the Bills defeat (when in reality, he was still getting in game shape and about 203 steps too slow to every play). The running joke was that Bruschi made the tackle so long as he was within 5 yards of the guy when he went down. From hearing the announcers tell it, Tedy did everything, including curing cancer.....

Like I said it's good for a chuckle. ESPN did take that just a BIT too far. :D

Those hosers will only get grumpier when they have to watch the Los Angeles Bills play in a few years.

they even made up a new stat for that game that i have never seen before or since. "hits" - and they were actively counting how many times bruschi hit someone.

Hmmm...Yeah, i like that one "19 and d'oh" icon that one member has. Not that losing 4 superbowls in a row was bad or anything....:rolleyes:. Hey, why not make fun of kids with cancer while we're at it. Sounds like someone is insecure about their girlfriend as well. I can't believe i actually respect their franchise.

Last edited:

Those hosers will only get grumpier when they have to watch the Los Angeles Bills play in a few years.

I believe that is the Toronto Bills.

Ah it's all good - we give Colts fans the "Saint Dungy" jabs anywho.

I'm sure playing "Hero" by Nickelback going into every commercial break didn't help matters....

Gotta love that a team with one of the worst fanbases in the entire league 20 years ago can make jokes at one of the best. Congrats on your team winning (legally or not), but maybe you guys should remember (if you were a fan before they won Super Bowls) that you weren't always an elite franchise.

As for Tedy, it was a hell of a return but ESPN simply just over did like they always did. In a game that came down to the last possesion, nothign else was talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes