PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bill Walsh Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

Virtual Internet Person
Reaction score
It was announced tonight on MNF that Monster Park will be renamed Bill Walsh Stadium. I think that's very classy - I didn't hear if monster.com freely relinquished the naming rights, or if some right-minded individual(s) or the 49ers organization bought them out, but either way it is very classy and appropriate.

It was announced tonight on MNF that Monster Park will be renamed Bill Walsh Stadium. I think that's very classy - I didn't hear if monster.com freely relinquished the naming rights, or if some right-minded individual(s) or the 49ers organization bought them out, but either way it is very classy and appropriate.

Good for them. The last I had heard is they were keeping the name Monster Park but were renaming the field "Bill Walsh Field".

Good for them. The last I had heard is they were keeping the name Monster Park but were renaming the field "Bill Walsh Field".
Actually, that might be right. I may have assumed they were naming the whole stadium Bill Walsh Field, Stadium, or whatever. Either way it is classy remembrance for a classy guy who was one of the icons of the game of football.

I did laugh at the thread title. North Andover High School plays at Walsh Stadium and I was confused for a slight moment.

Maybe one day Gillette will be Bill Belichick stadium

After our 4th Lombardi this February, it will be known officially as "Belichick Field" at Gillette Stadium. :)

Last edited:
First I would like to correct my earlier post: Bill Walsh Field at Monster Park is correct.

That's going to be a tough one, because Mr. Kraft is perhaps even more deserving of having the stadium he built posthumously named after him. How about Bill Belichick Field at Robert Kraft Park?

I love "Gillette Stadium".

I use the company's products (nearly) every day, and every time I hear the name it reminds me that Mr Kraft puts running a successful football team above using the team to publicize himself.

I love "Gillette Stadium".

I use the company's products (nearly) every day, and every time I hear the name it reminds me that Mr Kraft puts running a successful football team above using the team to publicize himself.

This is exactly why we are forced to watch commercials ;)

Bill Walsh Insurance, Inc bought them out. :D

Actually, that might be right. I may have assumed they were naming the whole stadium Bill Walsh Field, Stadium, or whatever. Either way it is classy remembrance for a classy guy who was one of the icons of the game of football.
No disrespect to Mr. Walsh, but this a dumb trend IMHO, naming fields within a park... it's redundant to name a field within a stadium because e.g. if a game is at Bill Walsh Field, then it's impossible for that event to be anywhere else but in Monster Park.

This might work perhaps if there are multiple fields... perhaps like center court at Wimbledon.

But if I were Bill Walsh, I would think this an empty gesture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes