PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Big news in the AFC as James Harrison will be undergoing surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's start the century at 2001... like the nerds do.

Come on, Shmess, everyone knows the Colts could go on a tear. The duo of Collins/Painter will.not.be.denied. They're just setting the rest of the league up.

Come on, Shmess, everyone knows the Colts could go on a tear. The duo of Collins/Painter will.not.be.denied. They're just setting the rest of the league up.

LOL!

But that would only count as a 22nd century success!

In the meantime, Bledsoe goes down Pats plug in Brady. Brady goes down, Pats plug in Cassel.

Manning goes down......

Last edited:
The Colts are D-O-N-E this year.

They dead, bro.

They dead.
I have no doubt the Colts are in a hole of increasing depth, the Steelers not so much. Mendenhall couldn't play any worse than what he is and the Steelers D isn't giving up a heap of points. Their offense is the real cause of the problem there.

I have no doubt the Colts are in a hole of increasing depth, the Steelers not so much. Mendenhall couldn't play any worse than what he is and the Steelers D isn't giving up a heap of points. Their offense is the real cause of the problem there.

My bad, Aus, I thought you were referring to Indy.

OK, Pittsburgh 2-2 but the two wins were a nailbiter against the aforementioned pathetic 2011 Colts and a home game against the 1-3 SeaHags.

The two teams they beat are 1-7.

Now their line can't protect the Meathead QB anymore and Harrison is injured?

Last edited:
My bad, Aus, I thought you were referring to Indy.

OK, Pittsburgh 2-2 but the two wins were a nailbiter against the aforementioned pathetic 2011 Colts and a home game against the 1-3 SeaHags.

The two teams they beat are 1-7.

Now their line can't protect the Meathead QB anymore and Harrison is injured?
No problem, I just assumed you were an alcoholic Wall Street trader taking out your frustrations on the world thanks to fluctuating markets :p;).

The Colts are strange as they're improving and the defense appears to have stepped up. They've already spotted the Texans & Titans 3 game leads that they won't be coming back from. I wouldn't have thought it possible, but they'll probably be a 4-6 win team at max. I agree, they're done.

The Steelers, they're something else. We all know the age issues on defense, the problem is we also know what they're capable of and how they can go on streaks. They're going to be interesting to watch given this is the first real test for Tomlin without everything going right for him.

Last edited:
hopefully Bill can get a couple of cameras with Pats logos on them to be placed in the operating room...that'll ensure that Harrison pops his tongue ligaments going beserk about Spygate...

I wouldn't count out the Steelers, anytime you have the winning experience, a defensive mind like **** Labeau and an elite QB (much as I hate Rapistberger) you've got a chance to turn things around. Also they have the NFC west and AFC South on the schedule, they can play mediocre football and still have a good enough record to contend for the playoffs.

hopefully Bill can get a couple of cameras with Pats logos on them to be placed in the operating room...that'll ensure that Harrison pops his tongue ligaments going beserk about Spygate...

Heh..... love it.

Seriously, though, that's an injury that will take no little time to heal. As you age, it takes a mite longer for the bones to knit. True, he's an athlete in prime shape for his age, but it's still an easily re-injured area if he doesn't protect it while it heals.

I've had 5 operations to date on both eyes, and THAT was bad enough. Another one scheduled in the next couple months. I can't imagine having to have surgery on the orbital bone, however. That is some serious suckitude.

respects,

If the Pats had the issues Pittsburgh has right now the server to this site would crash. Even though some here insist the Pats should be more like the Steelers, they're teetering on the edge right now.

The last couple of years their offensive line has been every bit as bad, if not worse than the Pats pass rush has been. Any QB other than Roethlisberger wouldn't have lasted as long as he did, and even if he does play this week I can't see him getting through the whole season. Pouncey was supposed to be the savior to the OL but he seems to have regressed this year. In the running game they're not much better and now Rashard Mendenhall is hurt, and pointing fingers at the play calling. Think Bill O'Brien is bad? How would you like Bruce Arians instead?

Remember the "old and slow defense" refrain that so many used to say about the Pats a few years ago? Well that's the Steelers of today. Troy Polamalu, Ike Taylor and Harrison have been the only ones getting it done for their defense, and now Harrison is hurt ... and he and Polamalu aren't getting any younger.

It's way too early to declare them done - like so many fans of other teams say about the Pats on an annual basis - but for those fans who think the grass is greener on the other side and want the Pats to be like the Steelers, be careful what you wish for. The team will be back because they have a quality front office, but it sure does look like they could be watching the playoffs from home this season.

No problem, I just assumed you were an alcoholic Wall Street trader taking out your frustrations on the world thanks to fluctuating markets :p;).

Ouch, you hit a little closer to the bullseye than you might have imagined!

so...you ARE an alcoholic...no wonder

so...you ARE an alcoholic...no wonder

He's only an alcoholic if he goes to meetings. Otherwise, he's a regular drunk. :D

*hic*...welsh..everysomebuddy hash to believe in sumpthin'...I beleave I'l have another vodka and tonic....

tramp+Drunk+Tramp.jpg

The World According to Deus Irae:

1) "Predating this century" = This century

2) 2011 = Not part of this century

3) Anyone who doesn't understand this must be considered ill

Predating is obviously predating.

2011 is not in the books yet.

Why do you insist on deliberately misrepresenting others? Noting that the streak of Colts' consistency began even before this century started just demonstrates that it's even a longer time than you'd framed. That's probably obvious to everyone in the world, yet you act as if it's some insidious attempt to change the argument.

The Colts have been to the playoffs more often than have the Patriots in this Century. You can't be contending if you're not in the playoffs. It's a simple thing, really. Just ask the Red Sox.

Last edited:

Why do you insist on deliberately misrepresenting others? Noting that the streak of Colts' consistency began even before this century started just demonstrates that it's even a longer time than you'd framed. That's probably obvious to everyone in the world, yet you act as if it's some insidious attempt to change the argument.

The Colts have been to the playoffs more often than have the Patriots in this Century. You can't be contending if you're not in the playoffs. It's a simple thing, really. Just ask the Red Sox.

In the regular season you are contending for the playoffs and you can't contend for the playoffs with a 6-10 record or an 0-4 start. The reality is that 'being in contention' is a subjective measure not some hard formula. Obviously, arguments can be made for both teams but regardless the point still stands that the Patriots (and the colts) haven't given their fans much to whine about since 2001. The rest is semantics.

9-7 and 11-5 is contending.

6-10 isn't.

Every year this century, the Pats have had a winning record and were in contention every day of the regular season until the last moment. In fact, the two times they missed the playoffs they had to wait until AFTER their last game to watch the Jets decide their fate for them.

The Colts were done by Halloween in 2001 and they're done right now this year.

You can Johnny Cochrane that as much as you want, but everyone here sees right through it. You're fooling no one.

Last edited:
The Steelers have stumbled a couple seasons off and on. I think they're out for 2011. Age really hurting them and Harrison's loss exacerbates the situation.

However this excellent though hated football org has shown that they rebuild quickly. Usually great drafting with a few wiffs here and there.

9-7 and 11-5 is contending.

6-10 isn't.

If you are not in the playoffs you are not contending, for anything other than fishing. Stop being a homer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back