Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Big Brown fails to capture Triple Crown

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Disco Volante, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Insane hype, history on the line and a seemingly harmless injury during the off-week turns into something much worse.

Reminded me of something.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  2. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Re: OT: Big Brown fails to capture Tripple Crown

LOLROLF :eek::rofl:

3. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

When I saw your headline I was going to post the same comment. I heard on the news they worked on his foot leading up to the game and the long shot won and that was the first thing I thought.

4. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +304 / 60 / -29

No Jersey Selected

Except in this case, I didn't want the favorite to win. Slimy ownership, uncaring trainer. Besides, my nephew is named Denis, and his grandfather is from western Cork. My Dad's from Cork, too, but just south of Cork City.

If Denis of Cork had stayed closer to the front group of 4, he might've caught Da'Tara on the home stretch. No matter; I only bet him to Show, so I won the same $$ either way.

5. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

There is no such thing as seemingly harmless with performance horses, but I don't think it was the quarter crack. He didn't pull up lame. That may have effected him a little training/conditioning wise last week. Of course, pulling him off his regular monthly regimine of Winstrol coulda had a little effect on his performance too...:rolleyes:

That vet whose always there to clean up their messes said today the AAEP is going to push to ban steroids in all thoroughbred racing.

6. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +491 / 37 / -7

He missed his steroids.

7. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +966 / 17 / -8

#3 Jersey

Like Shawne Merriman? :D

8. Bigdogx

Bigdogx On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He got squeezed from the opening gate and could not recover, i think the jockey made the right call and pulling him up, brown had no shot going into the last turn.

And yeah the owner seemed to come off like a scum bag, though really looking at the crowd of privilege as i like to call it at pretty much every big horse race, most of them look like a bunch of silver spoon fed a@@holes.

9. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +304 / 60 / -29

No Jersey Selected

Big Brown def. didn't like being squeezed before the first turn; I noticed it as it was happening. But he then got around the trash, and was in good position before the final turn.

Unless he had trouble breathing, there seemed to be no outward reason why he couldn't give it a better go down the stretch. And if no internal reasons are discovered, then the only conclusion to which I can come is that the steroids masked the fact that he just wasn't as good as his people thought he was, esp. at the 1-1/2 mile distance of champions.

Speaking of which, Hats off to Da'Tara, who ran a helluva race. Wire-to-wire at the Belmont Stakes is extremely impressive.

More good news from this weekend, besides the move to ban all steroids from all racetracks, is that we'll probably have the chance to see Big Brown try to redeem himself this summer and at the Breeders' Cup

10. Bigdogx

Bigdogx On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Looks like the owner of big brown is acting like a 4 year old and blaming the jockey. I knew it was only going to be a matter of time before that happened, after seeing the look on his face after the race.