Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Bettis' father, 61, dies of heart attack

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by pats1, Nov 28, 2006.

1. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...TTIS?SITE=LAMON&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  2. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

thats a shame..when he was playing..we saw their parents each game..his mom was very energetic i believe..his dad was there too. RIP. condolences to the Bettis family and friends
  3. Patriots4Ever

Patriots4Ever Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This sucks.Johnnie and Gladys Bettis were/are good folks,I know they did attend many of Jeromes game there in Pittsburgh.RIP Mr.Bettis.My thought and prayers go out to Jerome,as he has and always be since his punishing days at Notre Dame,one of my all time fav players.
  4. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Last year I took my kids to Disney, and because they are still young we went to Main St. and got ready for the daily parade. I had forgotten all about the Superbowl which had just been played. Well, there was Bettis at the end of the parade followed by his parents in the car behind him. That must have been a great feeling for them. Glad his dad got to enjoy that. BTW, Emmitt Smith was also in one of the last cars. Don't know if that is tradition or what.
  5. shakadave

shakadave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

So glad the dad got to see his son win a Super Bowl.