PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Better coverage of the draft NFL Network or ESPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I dont have NFL network so Iam thinking about ordering directv could anybody fill me in...? thanks

Of the actual draft? I've only watched it on ESPN. But of the day-to-day stuff leading up to the draft, NFL Network.

Of the actual draft? I've only watched it on ESPN. But of the day-to-day stuff leading up to the draft, NFL Network.

talkin bout the actual draft..

talkin bout the actual draft..

Go with NFL Network all the way. Mike Mayock is really good and I happen to like Rich Eisen . Schefter really gets some reliable inside info too.

Besides, who the hell could stand watching "Mort",Clayton and all the ESPN know it all anti Patriot a/holes anyway.

Go with NFL Network all the way. Mike Mayock is really good and I happen to like Rich Eisen . Schefter really gets some reliable inside info too.

Besides, who the hell could stand watching "Mort",Clayton and all the ESPN know it all anti Patriot a/holes anyway.

thanks, directv is the only one that offers sunday ticket ha not comcast right?

ESPN - draft, prior to draft - NFL network

I'm assuming the NFL Network would be getting the better scoop come draft day.

I'm assuming the NFL Network would be getting the better scoop come draft day.
Unless you believe it is a coincidence that Adam Schefter has been reporting news before ESPN for the last couple years, and never gets it wrong.

Depends who ESPN brings aboard, but I'd probably go with them. If they try somebody like a Torry Holt again, then maybe stay away. But Kiper and Berman are great... and I assume they'd have McShay on there too, who I also like as far as personality and analysis goes. NFLN also has a gang of total dumbasses they might have accompanying their coverage, like a Marshall Faulk, which would totally ruin it.

Unless you believe it is a coincidence that Adam Schefter has been reporting news before ESPN for the last couple years, and never gets it wrong.

You're kindof picky, aren't you?

And its probably just a coincidence that the NFL owns the NFL Network too

So, I suppose if you want accurate information as quick as possible you'd choose NFL Network.

But if you prefer INACCURATE information, well after the fact - then there can really be only one choice - ESPN.

;)

For anyone wondering how the NFL Network draft coverage is - they're replaying the 2007 draft right now until 7pm.

nfl N

before the draft, during and after. and all the time after that

espn is full of morons.

I, personally, can't stand the guys on NFLN. They are obnoxious to me.

I, personally, can't stand the guys on NFLN. They are obnoxious to me.

really? jeez, then what do you think about the espn guys?

i mean, the nfl network guys can definitely be annoying, but the espn guys are so bad that i never really let it bother me.

Faulk is king of the idiots over at the NFLN but is capable of making decent points and is a genius compared to Merril Hodge and Emmit Smith.

Soloman Wilcots is the one that annoys me the most on NFLN. I don't know why, but he carries himself like he's the king of football. who the hell is this guy even?

Last edited:
I don't know the ESPn guys don't really bother me too much. Except for kipers stupid friggin haircut and I can't stand Clayton...he is the worst.

serious question, what does Kiper do for 11 months of the year he is not on ESPN talking about the draft?

serious question, what does Kiper do for 11 months of the year he is not on ESPN talking about the draft?

The best job ever... just scout prospects. Although it should be noted that he deserves much of the credit for the draft's surge in popularity over the last decade or so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye