PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Best/Worst Booth Crews

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulThePat

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
May well get flamed for this but I like Jim Nantz and Phil Simms. For me the former Giants QB keeps it simple, has a good knowledge of the rules and doesn't appear to have a thing for any particular team and is therefore relatively impartial. Aitkman/Buck are ok but I find Troy a bit wooden and not as easy to warm to as Simms.

On the other hand the ESPN MNF crew who did the Ravens game had me feeling for the remote.....dreadful.

Sims has gotten a lot better than he used to be. Nance is ok but can't read down and distance to save his life. Like Aikman but can't stand Buck. He is just a bit too smarmy and you know he'd rather be at a baseball game.

Sims is okay. It bothers me that he constantly says "He goes" instead of saying "He said". That being said I loved what Nantz and Sims said about Anthony Smith. The brought up the point that some of his Steeler's teammates said the "guarantee" trash talking worked because it got Smith exposure and he was constantly on ESPN. Nantz said "that is stupid, keep your mouth shut and play football."

Simms is getting worse with every game. He started out ok.

I never minded Randy Cross too much.

And until this year, I actually liked Cris Collinsworth because at least he liked to talk football.

I like Madden/Michaels.. Simms/Nantz (just familar with them)... Aikman/Buck are pretty good on FOX.

One VERY unlikely team that I really liked allot was Marshall Faulk/Deion Sanders when they subbed in for the HOORENDOUS Bryant DUMBel and Chris Collinsworthless on the NFLN last year for one game.

I really like Greg Gumbel. He seems to be on top of the game. His brother on NFLN stinks.

Kornheiser makes ESPN unwatchable. I wonder if he even likes sports at all. The four letter network has no idea how to pick talent to call NFL games. Remember the trio of Theismann, Maguire and Patrick? Yuck

I watched a few college games this year and I think that some of the crews there were better than the NFL ones: they seemed both better informed and more passionately fond of what they were watching. Unfortunately, I've forgotten the names :( but I think that Gary Danielson was one).

Otherwise, I like Madden and Michaels and Simms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back