PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Best and Worst Commercials of SB XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Since no one cares too much about either team, just wondering if people have any thoughts on the best and worst commercials?

I thought all the Bud Light commercials worked well - especially the "Roof Repairs" one

I thought Diet Pepsi bombed with their commercials - especially the rap commercial that didn't need to be 30 seconds, let alone a $5 million rare 60 second spot

Any thoughts?

I liked the Budweiser one with the fans holding up the cards. And the monkey ones. And the Disney World one. And Bruschi was nice to see on Super Sunday.

The Go Daddy one I didn't mind....

I agree, Diet Pepsi had the most hyped commercial and it stunk...

The Addicted to Lost commercial was probably my favorite, me being a huge LOST fan and all.....

Last edited:
Thought the best one was the "streaking lamb", especially the "we didn't have to see that" line.

The only one I even really remember is the Hummer one with the giant robot and the Godzilla-looking thing mating and....having a car, I guess?

I was a little weirded out by that one.

The Disney World one wasn't too bad either.

Naw, the best one was the Sprint one where they guy has a phone with "Theft Protection"..he goes on to tell his friend to try to steal his wallet, then chucks the phone at his buddies head...the budweiser ones were all pretty good..i liked the magic refrigerator one..overall it was a weak year, though.

Honestly, none of them made any impact on me at all. I can't really recall a specific one. Probably not what they're hoping to hear on Madison Avenue.

I thought the 1st commercial, by Burger King was the absolute worst.

The 1st Ameriquest commerical, with the doctor holding the defibrilator paddles was HILARIOUS.

FedEx caveman was pretty good....

The Fed Ex one was best. The hottie getting pancaked with the guy taunting her was great too. Of course, both got the 'edge' taken off with the big dino stomping on the guy who kicked the little dino and the girl getting her revenge in the bar.

This year the commercials sucked just like the game.

FSUPatsFan said:
Naw, the best one was the Sprint one where they guy has a phone with "Theft Protection"..he goes on to tell his friend to try to steal his wallet, then chucks the phone at his buddies head...the budweiser ones were all pretty good..i liked the magic refrigerator one..overall it was a weak year, though.

That was my favorite...

Patsfanin Philly said:
FedEx caveman was pretty good....

Yeah, I'd give this #1 in an off year.

shakadave said:
Yeah, I'd give this #1 in an off year.

Try watching the game in Canada, where they even take over the American networks and broadcast boring, repetetive Canadian ads.

Does anybody have a link to the 2000 Etrade ad with the monkey dancing, where the punchline was "we just wasted 2 million dollars"? I can't find a d/l anywhere!

The only commercial worth mentioning was the first Ameriquest one. The rest ranged between meh and awful.

Very bad commericals as well as the game, the only commericals were the fed ex ones.. and that was it.. The Bud Light was ok as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots