OT: Bernard Pollard Better Stay Away From Brady For At least 50 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Now, I think I've seen it all:

Matt Leinart's injury leaves Texans' Super Bowl hopes deflated - Peter King - SI.com

Angelo Mosca and Joe Kapp Fist Fight - Complete Video - Unedited - YouTube

"8. I think this was an embarrassing lead-up to the Grey Cup, which was played Sunday in Vancouver (British Columbia 34, Winnipeg 23). Remember Joe Kapp? He was the scrambling, gambling quarterback brought to the Minnesota Vikings in the late '60s from the Canadian Football League. Kapp led the '69 Vikings to the Super Bowl, which they lost to Kansas City.

Well, Kapp punched out a guy at a Canadian Football League luncheon in Vancouver Friday. Seems that Kapp held a 48-year grudge against Angelo Mosca stemming from the 1963 Grey Cup. Kapp quarterbacked the B.C. Lions in '63, and Mosca was a defensive lineman for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. During the game, Mosca slammed into B.C. running back Willie Fleming after he was clearly down, injuring him and creating years (decades, really) of ill will between the Lions and the Ti-Cats. Kapp never forgot.

Both men are 73 now. Mosca walks with the aid of a cane. At a luncheon to benefit indigent retired CFL players Friday, with both men on a stage, Kapp waved a flower in Mosca's face, apparently following some unkind words from Mosca. Mosca swung his cane and hit Kapp in the head. Kapp took a step toward Mosca and punched him off the back of the stage."

Last edited:
Gotta love it- he was a fiesty guy and brought some fire to the Patriots on field efforts. I remember him back around 1971 or so calling signals for the Pats.

Septuagenarian boxing.... LIVE!

Terrell Suggs better keep his head on a swivel in 2059 also.

Bobby Wade has more to worry about than Pollard ...

Wow that video really ramped up in awkwardness as the old guys stood around being old and ornery after the fight.

Gotta love it- he was a fiesty guy and brought some fire to the Patriots on field efforts. I remember him back around 1971 or so calling signals for the Pats.

It was 1970 ... I saw him once at Harvard Stadium, he was terrible. The thing I remember most about that game was watching him on the sidelines, he almost got into a fight with one of the Pats linebackers (Steve Kiner, perhaps, he was just as nutty as Kapp).

Wow - King Kong Mosca! I had no idea that guy was still alive. Or that he played in the CFL. I remember him as a heel in the early 80's in Mid-Atlantic/NWA wrestling.

I bet he wouldn't have been too surprised by treatment like that at a pro wrestling reunion. Then again, he would have known it was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes