PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ben Watson's tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea Clark may have slipped your mind deus he absolutely kills ppl on those key 3rd downs. He's the colts' welker imo.

I would put heap @ #4 in the afc he isnt the same TE he used to be and heath is younger. Dallas clark is the 2nd best tight end in the afc imho. Watson to me is #5 with keller at #6

I think he threw one against the chargers in 07. He might have thrown two in the red zone.

Watson had a good 07, but his numbers went down with tunnel vision Cassel last season.

2003 AFC Championship against the Colts
2003 Super Bowl against the Panthers
2005 Divisional Round against the Broncos
2007 AFC Championship against the Chargers

So he went from the Bailey pick to the Cromartie pick without a redzone INT, regular or post season.

NFL Total Access looks back at the tackle made by Ben Watson in the 2005 playoffs against Denver.

NFL Videos: NFLTA: Ben Watson's tackle

A tight end just caught one of the fastest players in the league and he was on the opposite side of the field and he ran into the ref.
Memories.... :)

one of the few good memories about that night....too bad it was right after a Brady pick in the red zone.

Um, it's an amazing play. It would be many TE's most memorable play, and that's not necessarily an indictment of them.

No kidding- if Antonio Gates had done this, it would possibly be his most memorable play too. So what?

Last edited:
exactly. Had the refs got that one right there might be another Lombardi trophy in Patriot Place right now.

sadly, i feel exactly the same way . . . there is no way that it could of gound out of bounds when it was in his right hand and he was a the one yard line . . .

and I do think we take out Pitt (at home) then been Seattle for 4 in 5 years and three in a row . . .

and it was a great play by Watson

Last edited:
Clark. Unless you have something against him, I'm assuming you just forgot him. Although he is more of a WR who is listed as a TE. No one would argue that Watson is better than Clark even though Clark can't do what Watson does in our offense (no, not drop the ball, block). Watson's versatility really helps.

Gates is living off of what he was. He hasn't been the same player for a season or two (injuries). Heap is back...for now.

I would say Clark, Miller, crap shoot.

No, I didn't forget Clark. I don't consider him one of the top 3 tight ends in the AFC, and I don't consider him clearly superior to Watson. He'd be in that 4th-9th range.

Watson's play was one of the best plays I've ever seen, if it had been called a touchback that could of totally changed the game. I'm still ticked off about the phantom pass interference penalty that got called on us right before the half. We got screwed that game.

Interesting how many are referring to Watson given that just over a month ago many on this board were suggesting that he was on the bubble to make the 53 man roster (which I doubt he ever was).

He's an above-average TE right now, with the potential to be better.

Interesting how many are referring to Watson given that just over a month ago many on this board were suggesting that he was on the bubble to make the 53 man roster (which I doubt he ever was).

He's an above-average TE right now, with the potential to be better.

To be fair, I think a lot of the people who are high on him now were supporting him then too. I know that if you go back to the preseason threads when everyone was predicting that he would be cut, I was still predicting that he would be starting and performing just fine. And I definitely wasn't the only one.

Last edited:
To be fair, I think a lot of the people who are high on him now were supporting him then too. I know that if you go back to the preseason threads when everyone was predicting that he would be cut, I was still predicting that he would be starting and performing just fine. And I definitely wasn't the only one.

No, you weren't. And your point is well taken. But there is a tendency to blow hot and cold on this board. Heck, there were people suggesting Brady should take lessons from Flacco on the gameday board last weekend.

No, you weren't. And your point is well taken. But there is a tendency to blow hot and cold on this board. Heck, there were people suggesting Brady should take lessons from Flacco on the gameday board last weekend.

Some people wanted to Cut Cassel during last season's exhibition games. some people wanted to trade Brady and keep Cassel. Some people wanted to get rid of Watson. At least one person swore that neither Watson nor Maroney would take another snap for the Patriots.

Basically, everyone is wrong sometimes, but some people seem to make it their calling in life.

Basically, everyone is wrong sometimes, but some people seem to make it their calling in life.

No fair bringing Borges into the discussion. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye