PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Belmont Stakes/Belmont Stakes undercard thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fightingirish595

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Hopefully there are some handicappers out there and this generates some attention. Discuss.

Only degenerate gamblers care about the Belmont Stakes if there isn't a Triple Crown at stake.

After seeing Exaggerator run out of gas during the stretch, I was hoping that Lani, the only other horse to have run all 3 races, would catch up to Destin & Creator; but just as were the cases during the first 2 races, he was too far behind to make an impact.
And how stupid was the jockey of Governor Malibu to allow himself to be stuck behind front-runner Gettysburg, who slowed to a crawl as soon as his job to provide a decent pace for his stablemate Creator
was accomplished? He just might have won himself had he followed Destin past Gettysburg instead of
trying to squeeze between Gettysburg and the rail.

Last edited:
After seeing Exaggerator run out of gas during the stretch, I was hoping that Lani, the only other horse to have run all 3 races, would catch up to Destin & Creator; but just as were the cases during the first 2 races, he was too far behind to make an impact.
And how stupid was the jockey of Governor Malibu to allow himself to be stuck behind front-runner Gettysburg, who slowed to a crawl as soon as his job to provide a decent pace for his stablemate Creator was accomplished? He might have won himself had he followed Destin past Gettysburg instead of trying
to squeeze between Gettysburg and the rail.

I follow but not as closely as you but surprised that Suddenbreakingnews has moved to 5-1. Clearly the potential for rain has helped his chances.

Yeah, Suddenbreakingnews was never a factor. Like Exaggerator, he had a clear path at the top of the stretch, but didn't nearly have Lani's finishing kick. No excuses.

I follow but not as closely as you but surprised that Suddenbreakingnews has moved to 5-1. Clearly the potential for rain has helped his chances.

I had SBN as my pick at 10-1 in the ML but moved to his old rival Creator when the race went to post, so I was pretty happy about it. Did think SBN was a good pick, though. He was always coming on hard from the clouds in his last two and I thought he'd like the distance, plus switching from Quinonez to Smith would make a big difference. Got sent wide and didn't have the mile and a half in him, though. Glad I went with the horse that outperformed him in every race but the Derby, though, in the end. Brilliant trip by Ortiz to keep Creator along the rail the whole race, though I got worried he'd get trapped inside.

I had a pretty miserable run in the undercards though so the day was a wash.

And how stupid was the jockey of Governor Malibu to allow himself to be stuck behind front-runner Gettysburg, who slowed to a crawl as soon as his job to provide a decent pace for his stablemate Creator
was accomplished? He just might have won himself had he followed Destin past Gettysburg instead of
trying to squeeze between Gettysburg and the rail.

Im not sure how much you follow the sport, but I have to disagree about Governor Malibu, well the jockey. I bet that horse when it was first time starter and have followed ever since. He had a tough post so he decided to save all the ground. coming around the turn you can see the horse looking around, looking for someone to run. He was checked twice and got blocked when he went to the rail, he had to go to the rail because there was no where else to go. The winner of the brooklyn handicap which is a 1 mile and half dirt race was shaman ghost, who is a horse Ive followed since last year and bet yesterday, had the same jockey as malibu. Rosario tried to do the same thing on Malibu as shaman ghost, The problem was, the belmont had a bigger field and governor malibu had more horses in front and outside of him and there was no space in the 2 or 3 path which seemed like it was a good part of the track. If Governor Malibu hadnt gotten blocked on the rail, I dont think he wins because I dont think that was a good part to gain ground on, But if something had opened up in the 2 or 3 path, I think he runs on and wins. he basically had to stop 3 times and still kept running and got 4th

I had SBN as my pick at 10-1 in the ML but moved to his old rival Creator when the race went to post, so I was pretty happy about it. Did think SBN was a good pick, though. He was always coming on hard from the clouds in his last two and I thought he'd like the distance, plus switching from Quinonez to Smith would make a big difference. Got sent wide and didn't have the mile and a half in him, though. Glad I went with the horse that outperformed him in every race but the Derby, though, in the end. Brilliant trip by Ortiz to keep Creator along the rail the whole race, though I got worried he'd get trapped inside.

I had a pretty miserable run in the undercards though so the day was a wash.

The Belmont Undercard is one of the best cards all year, I was on fire early, caught the exacta in first race, The 2nd race I played a 10 cent super box with 5 horses (only costs 12 dollars, its really a great play if you have some good long shots) anyway i ended up with the 1-2-3 horses and the 5th horse. Got busted out with the 4th place finsiher, I had the trifecta in the 3rd race. And I had win bets on Shaman Ghost and cavorting. I was on fire early but after that i was ice cold unfortunately

The Belmont Undercard is one of the best cards all year, I was on fire early, caught the exacta in first race, The 2nd race I played a 10 cent super box with 5 horses (only costs 12 dollars, its really a great play if you have some good long shots) anyway i ended up with the 1-2-3 horses and the 5th horse. Got busted out with the 4th place finsiher, I had the trifecta in the 3rd race. And I had win bets on Shaman Ghost and cavorting. I was on fire early but after that i was ice cold unfortunately
Nice to play with house money after the first race. I'm sure you know the movie, but if not….."Let It Ride" with Richard Dreyfus is a must for degenerate pony gamblers. One of the few movies I can watch over and over again……"I'm having a good day"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back