I posted a thread over at a colts board

Subject: Shocking News: Manning Released

Inside: CB Ricky Manning Jr was released by the bears

(it got deleted quickly)

no wonder he played so poorly at the beginning of last yr til i traded him
he knew he was on a Jew's fantasy team
never again will i even consider him

:rofl:

Rotoworld speculated we might be a team interested...

Ricky Manning Jr.
Aug. 27 - 12:03 am et

ESPN's John Clayton suggests that the Bucs might make a play for free agent CB Ricky Manning Jr.

He could be a better slot corner than Aqib Talib at this stage of Talib's career and Manning played in a similar defense to Tampa's in Chicago. Manning is only 27. The Browns, Rams, and Patriots might also give him a call.

Source: ESPN Insider

wasn't this "toughguy" with Jones-Drew when they decided to beat up some guy playing on his computer inside Denny's?

wow these guys are tough.

EDIT: I guess that was him.

Why anyone would want to defend those scumbags is beyond me. They should be in jail.

Last edited:
pick him up. he can't do the team any harm.

I will say this: I can guarantee Kraft is second chances kind of guy. If there is a need that this guy fills (affordably), don't be surprised to hear about a workout. We've got reformed thugs here too. Heck Harrison and Lynch are thugs all season long, hehe.

Eh, I'll take him. He's an upgrade at corner and if Mr. Kraft decides he's worthy of a look, that's fine with me. I'm not Jewish and I'm definitely not anti-Semetic (sp on that one?) but I think it's funny that all the Jewish people in here are getting their panties in a bunch. If he beat an Irishman's ass while calling him a "Mick" or an "Irish Potato", I wouldn't be offended. Eh, I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

Eh, I'll take him. He's an upgrade at corner and if Mr. Kraft decides he's worthy of a look, that's fine with me. I'm not Jewish and I'm definitely not anti-Semetic (sp on that one?) but I think it's funny that all the Jewish people in here are getting their panties in a bunch. If he beat an Irishman's ass while calling him a "Mick" or an "Irish Potato", I wouldn't be offended. Eh, I guess it's different strokes for different folks.
Good point.
DW Toys

I am not sure if is people who are Jewish "getting their panties in a bunch" as much as people being aware Kraft is Jewish and that he might not be willing to hand a large chunk of his money to an anti-Semite.

We've got reformed thugs here too. Heck Harrison and Lynch are thugs all season long, hehe.
Gee...did I miss the story of Harrison and Lynch beating up innocent people at an eatery early in the AM?? They will pass on the bum...

I am not sure if is people who are Jewish "getting their panties in a bunch" as much as people being aware Kraft is Jewish and that he might not be willing to hand a large chunk of his money to an anti-Semite.

I don't want to delve into the politics of hate speech, but one can call another person names without being an "anti" whatever.

Kraft is also a Christian (so maybe calling him Israeli makes more sense?) and I think he's got a lot of compassion for people trying to start again.

Last edited:
Kraft is also a Christian (so maybe calling him Israeli makes more sense?) and I think he's got a lot of compassion for people trying to start again.

He is neither Christian (his religion is Jewish) nor Israeli (his nationality is USA). Kraft may have compassion for people trying to start over. But bigots rarely change and I doubt Manning has changed his views even if he as changed his words.

Last edited:
He is neither Christian (his religion is Jewish) nor Israeli (his nationality is USA). Kraft may have compassion for people trying to start over. But bigots rarely change and I doubt Manning has changed his views even if he as changed his words.

Obviously, if we're mentioned as a team willing to give him a look, our owner (Kraft) must know about this. If he knows of Manning Jr. and is still willing to at least look at the guy, then this argument is null and void. Any way you cut it, Manning is an upgrade for our secondary. Personally, the secondary is the area that concerns me the most about this team.

He's an American Jew. Where the hell did you get the notion he was a Christian or an Israeli?

Again, this wouldn't be Manning's "second" chance. He was arrested for felony assault in 2002. He was arrested again at this incident in 2006. Then he mouthed his way off the Bears.

You guys are acting like Ricky Manning is Deion Sanders. He isn't. It's a guy who got cut in the first round of cuts who would've been 4th or 5th on the Bears' depth chart at corner this year who has massive character red flags that include stuff that would possibly impact him with the team and coaching staff.

Last edited:
He's an American Jew. Where the hell did you get the notion he was a Christian or an Israeli?

Again, this wouldn't be Manning's "second" chance. He was arrested for felony assault in 2002. He was arrested again at this incident in 2006. Then he mouthed his way off the Bears.

You guys are acting like Ricky Manning is Deion Sanders. He isn't. It's a guy who got cut in the first round of cuts who would've been 4th or 5th on the Bears' depth chart at corner this year who has massive character red flags that include stuff that would possibly impact him with the team and coaching staff.

So he took Rodney Harrison and his wife, Christians, to be baptized in the Jordan river this past year. I have a lot of Jewish and the two religions have a hard time co-existing. I can't see a practicing Jew regularly giving money to the YMCA or Holy Cross school. Anyone who doesn't understand the divergence in those belief systems will think I'm being rude. I'm honestly not.

Also, I'm not pulling for Manning, I'm just saying that I think Kraft would give him a shot if they felt he was a fit game-wise.

Last edited:
OK, I'll have to take back my idea that he's a Christian. He sure is open-minded.

Here's how I got my facts cleared up:

http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/rvp/pubaf/chronicle/v11/s6/kraft.html

At any rate, Kraft is a pretty compassionate guy. I don't think he paints every guy who ever messed up with a tar brush, that's all I'm saying.

I'm not Jewish and the slurs weren't even the worse of it.

It's the fact he and his thug friends decided to gang up on a defenseless student minding his own business and then decided to pummel him while yelling the homophobic and anti-Semitic slurs for no other reason than to gain personal sanctification from another humans pain.

It's disgusting this guy is allowed to even be in the league, he represents the NFL image and is being paid millions.

I do believe in second chances, but I also think there will be a better CB available after the cut to 53 than Ricky Manning Jr.

Every one deserves a second chance is a situational phrase.

Murderers don't deserve a second chance, rapists don't deserve a second chance and someone playing division 1 college football with a promising NFL future who decided to bully and physically/verbally beat a defenseless student down while yelling homophobic/anti-Semitic slurs does not deserve a second chance.

Again, sickening he's allowed to play. Just as disgusting a human being as Micheal Vick.

Last edited:
So he took Rodney Harrison and his wife, Christians, to be baptized in the Jordan river this past year. I have a lot of Jewish and the two religions have a hard time co-existing. I can't see a practicing Jew regularly giving money to the YMCA or Holy Cross school. Anyone who doesn't understand the divergence in those belief systems will think I'm being rude. I'm honestly not.

Also, I'm not pulling for Manning, I'm just saying that I think Kraft would give him a shot if they felt he was a fit game-wise.

Kraft has donated money to both Holy Cross and Brandeis University as well as almost every other Boston area college. That doesn't make him Christian it makes him a supporter of higher education in Boston.

Habitat for Humanity is a Christian charity. Yet the chapter I was part of several years ago was over half Jewish. We build houses for the poor, it wasn't a prayer group.

Kraft has donated money to both Holy Cross and Brandeis University as well as almost every other Boston area college. That doesn't make him Christian it makes him a supporter of higher education in Boston.

Habitat for Humanity is a Christian charity. Yet the chapter I was part of several years ago was over half Jewish. We build houses for the poor, it wasn't a prayer group.

Umm.. yeah. Look up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back