PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bears release Ricky Manning, Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for the "football players aren't saints" mantra if we're going to apply it to his off-field crap (and yes, we should be hating on Pacman because he's a piece of **** as a human being), but he was also a cancer in the locker room, which does have an affect on his football playing.

As for having 3 INTs in the playoffs against the Eagles, Larry Brown did that in the Super Bowl and then was out of the league within two years after being given a huge contract by the Raiders.

If the Patriots picked up Manning, the same people who are talking abotu Fernando Bryant being awful would, in a couple weeks, start saying the same about Manning. Unless it's **** Lane and Deion Sanders manning the corners with Mike Haynes playing nickel, someone's going to be upset.

when Bryant and the secondary gets torched you still gunna be happy we didnt sign someone good? Remember what happened with Duane Starks? You'd rather the pats play bad and lose than sign a good corner that got into a fight? Youve never been in a fight in your lifetime? You never beat anybody up? I have i guess im a horrible person. What person goes through their whole life without getting into a fight or calling someone a bad name????

Re: Ricky Manning Jr released by Bears

Now an in game fight (even one that out of control) is the same as 3 football players beating an innocent bystander unconcious at 3 am in a Denny's because he was Jewish?

I may be wrong but I would suspect Mr. Kraft might feel a little more strongly about the second one.

is this true?
if so, manning jr and mjd can kiss my Jewish ****

Last edited:
Why have all these former positive, appreciative and ahem - loyal fans, become so negative??

Perhaps the perceived negativity stems from the manner in which the last 3 seasons have ended - in 3 of the most historically shocking, frustrating, depressing playoff losses imaginable.

Last edited:
On April 23, 2006 Ricky Manning, Jr. attacked a man, Soroush Sabzi , in a Denny's restaurant after teasing him for working on a laptop computer.

He was charged with assault with a deadly weapon after allegedly fighting a man and eventually pled no contest to felony assault. Manning faced up to four years in prison because of a previous assault charge in 2002, for which he received probation.

According to the police report, Manning and former UCLA teammates, Tyler Ebell and Maurice Jones-Drew bullied a student sitting at another table. Manning confronted the student with "Are you a ***got?", "You f---ing Jew," and then called him "an ugly f---ing Jew" and a "***got." The student asked to be left alone and the football players beat him unconscious.

What a disgusting human being.

these guys dont deserve to be making millions of dollars playing football
they deserve to rot in jail
i hope nobody picks up this sob

I can't believe I actually enjoyed watching little Maurice Jones-Drew.

I wish nothing but the worst for him as well.

no wonder he played so poorly at the beginning of last yr til i traded him
he knew he was on a Jew's fantasy team
never again will i even consider him

Yes, because the number of interceptions one has is always key to how good they really are.. it doesn't matter whether they actually threw at that person or not.

Manning - 19 passes defensed.
Bryant - 54 passes defensed.

Which one is better again????

It would seem to me that Manning is a boom or bust type player who takes too many chances.

agreed 100%
ppl look too much at ints and not pdefs
manning had barely any pdefs that werent just ints

these guys dont deserve to be making millions of dollars playing football
they deserve to rot in jail
i hope nobody picks up this sob

come on you got to be kidding me. There was an arguement, the dude got punched and knocked out for 10 seconds. Everyone is making it seem like they beat him up for no reason and were pounding on his unconcious body until he was near a coma.

If you are gunna judge human beings on fighting well i guess the entire human race is scum. People have been fighting ever since the dawn of mankind. All animals fight. Its not really a big deal people are blowing this out of perportion imo. Its just a fight, if thats the worst hes done there are no issues imo.

agreed 100%
ppl look too much at ints and not pdefs
manning had barely any pdefs that werent just ints

he techically would probably have more PDs if he had not intercepted the ball, i dont think they count as passes defended, im not sure but i could be wrong.

he techically would probably have more PDs if he had not intercepted the ball, i dont think they count as passes defended, im not sure but i could be wrong.

i brought this up in discussion in here like two or three yrs ago
way too tired to look it up right now
but we all came to agreement that passes defensed is now the "pd" stat and that includes deflections and ints

come on you got to be kidding me. There was an arguement, the dude got punched and knocked out for 10 seconds. Everyone is making it seem like they beat him up for no reason and were pounding on his unconcious body until he was near a coma.

If you are gunna judge human beings on fighting well i guess the entire human race is scum. People have been fighting ever since the dawn of mankind. All animals fight. Its not really a big deal people are blowing this out of perportion imo. Its just a fight, if thats the worst hes done there are no issues imo.

okay, i have no idea how old you are, but if you went to college and werent an athlete you know that there are nights you have to pull all-nighters studying, so put yourself in this situation:

you have a big exam or paper due tomorrow, you're getting kinda hungry, you decide to go to denny's even though you know all the stoners will be there too, cuz you need to eat and get some coffee and keep studying, so you bring your laptop there. you're minding your own business when a couple football players who don't have to study because they're on the team come over and start with you. you ask for them to leave you alone, you're just trying to do some work in peace, and they stark kickin the sh*t out of you

sound like fun?

Last edited:
okay, i have no idea how old you are, but if you went to college and werent an athlete you know that there are nights you have to pull all-nighters studying, so put yourself in this situation:

you have a big exam or paper due tomorrow, you're getting kinda hungry, you decide to go to denny's even though you know all the stoners will be there too, cuz you need to eat and get some coffee and keep studying, so you bring your laptop there. you're minding your own business when a couple football players who don't have to study because they're on the team come over and start with you. you ask for them to leave you alone, you're just trying to do some work in peace, and they stark kickin the sh*t out of you

sound like fun?

there was an arguement, that means both sides were talking crap. Sure Manning and his friends probably started it, but its not like the other guy didnt say anything. When it escaladed the dude probably backed down thats when he was punched. Its just a fight i dont see it as a big deal, Steve Smith justed punched out his fellow teamate and cornerback, should he go to jail or be kicked off the Panthers?

"There was an argument"? Every account of the incident says that the victim was sitting quietly by himself working on his laptop when a group of athletes he'd never met came and harassed him for being a geek, starting calling him vile names and beat him unconscious, with absolutely no provocation.

"Everyone is making it seem like they beat him up for no reason" because they beat him up for no reason. It was an assault, not a fight.

This is seriously a ridiculous agrument. An ARGUMENT is no reason to fight somebody. If you, or a friend/loved one, is in physical danger, then it makes sense to fight somebody. I highly doubt this guy at Denny's was a physical threat to an elite football player.

I do believe in second chances, but I also think there will be a better CB available after the cut to 53 than Ricky Manning Jr.

"There was an argument"? Every account of the incident says that the victim was sitting quietly by himself working on his laptop when a group of athletes he'd never met came and harassed him for being a geek, starting calling him vile names and beat him unconscious, with absolutely no provocation.

"Everyone is making it seem like they beat him up for no reason" because they beat him up for no reason. It was an assault, not a fight.

An ongoing LAPD investigation has found that Soroush Sabzi was working on his laptop at the Denny’s on Tiverton Avenue in the early morning on April 23 when “he got into an argument with four to five men at a nearby table.” According to the LAPD report, the group hit Sabzi numerous times and left the location in a white SUV before the officers arrived at 3:10 a.m.

http://www.dailybruin.ucla.edu/news/2006/may/19/drew-charged-with-assault/

This is seriously a ridiculous agrument. An ARGUMENT is no reason to fight somebody. If you, or a friend/loved one, is in physical danger, then it makes sense to fight somebody. I highly doubt this guy at Denny's was a physical threat to an elite football player.

I do believe in second chances, but I also think there will be a better CB available after the cut to 53 than Ricky Manning Jr.

agreed, but thats not the way the world works. People get into fights over arguements all the time.

An ongoing LAPD investigation has found that Soroush Sabzi was working on his laptop at the Denny’s on Tiverton Avenue in the early morning on April 23 when “he got into an argument with four to five men at a nearby table.” According to the LAPD report, the group hit Sabzi numerous times and left the location in a white SUV before the officers arrived at 3:10 a.m.

http://www.dailybruin.ucla.edu/news/2006/may/19/drew-charged-with-assault/

That's a one-sentence summary from a UCLA student paper! Read any full account and you'll find that the victim's entire role in the so-called "argument" was asking to be left alone and calling out to restaurant management for help. Pure, unprovoked assault.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/1001200...t_tv_wont_dare_touch_sports_phil_mushnick.htm

That's a one-sentence summary from a UCLA student paper! Read any full account and you'll find that the victim's entire role in the so-called "argument" was asking to be left alone and calling out to restaurant management for help. Pure, unprovoked assault.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/1001200...t_tv_wont_dare_touch_sports_phil_mushnick.htm

there are always two sides to the story, they are mearly claims, nobody really knows what happened. I find it difficult to believe he would beat him up without the other dude saying something.

The Denny's incident happened two days after Manning, a restricted free agent, signed a five-year, $21million offer sheet with the Bears. The day after, his original team, the Carolina Panthers, declined to match it.

Manning said he arrived at the Denny's with a friend after words were exchanged between restaurant customer Soroush Sabzi and a group including former UCLA running backs Maurice Jones-Drew and Tyler Ebell. Manning's probation report, first published by nbcsports.com, confirms the timeline.

Manning admitted to getting into an altercation with Sabzi, who was working on a laptop computer. According to the probation report, Manning poked Sabzi in the face and slapped the back of his head.

"Me and him got into it," Manning said Sunday. "I kind of pushed him in his head. And then I walked away. Then he stood up and I'm back in his face. Somebody from (the restaurant's) management came over and said he wanted to call the police, you have to take this outside. I'm like, no, don't call the police, I'm leaving. I walk away. I'm out the door."

Manning said he was in his car when a melee broke out that resulted in Sabzi suffering a variety of injuries. Manning said he and his friend drove to a gas station for snacks because they hadn't eaten. A police helicopter spotted Manning's car, and officers arrested him.

Sabzi's civil attorney, Aviv Tuchman, said Tuesday that Manning "beat" Sabzi, "instigated the melee," participated in it and "fled the scene eventually."

Despite saying he wasn't in the restaurant during the brawl, Manning - aware of his prior record - couldn't take the chance of a trial. The no-contest plea earned him a one-game suspension from the NFL. His sentence also included 52 weeks in an anger-management program and 100 hours of community service.

Sabzi's subsequent civil suit seeks a "significant amount" of money, including punitive damages, Tuchman said. Manning said Sabzi is asking for $2million and targeted him only after learning Manning was a pro athlete. Tuchman called Manning "a football player walking around town thinking he can do whatever he wants to do."

ADDITIONAL ACCUSATION

The probation report, which cites information from the original police report, states that Manning and others insulted Sabzi, questioning his religion and sexual orientation. Manning denied making any derogatory comments.

"He said I called him some kind of Jewish," Manning said. "My ex-fiancée is half-Jewish, my agent is Jewish, both of my attorneys are Jewish. And he looks Middle Eastern, so why would I even say anything like that? I'm not a racist person."

Manning's agent, Jim Ivler, who confirmed he is Jewish, said: "If I thought there was any chance this was true, I obviously would have a big problem with it."

Whether it is or isn't, Manning's reputation has taken a big hit.

"It gives people a misconception of me," he said. "I take it to heart. You can't make everybody happy. Those who don't believe me don't believe me. The people who know me know I wouldn't do anything like that."

Saint Ricky Manning Jr. of the Church of BRiZ.

For what it's worth, that wasn't the first felony assault on his record, either.

Last edited:
agreed, but thats not the way the world works. People get into fights over arguements all the time.

Please set up a poll and ask how many people here have beat up someone while calling them a "***got" and insulting their race or religion.

If you really think this is a common occcurence, I feel very bad for you.

Or did this happen to you, where you were beaten unconscious for no reason by someone much stronger than you while being called a "homo" and being insulted for your religion, and when you came to you said, "well, that's just the way of the world."?

And this has nothing to do with the "Jew" thing. Just know that you have made yourself appear very ignorant throughout this thread. Maybe not stupid, but very, very ignorant.

And by the way, I have been in fights and arguments in my life. But I never provoked a fight nor did I call out racial epithets during one.

Last edited:
CB Ricky Manning Jr was released by the bears, hes pretty good, worth a look to pick up?

He's good, but he has a high punk factor. I'd have to think about that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back