PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bears release Ricky Manning, Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ricky Manning Jr released by Bears

A buddy of mine who's a Bears fan said he got beaten out by a 7th round rookie midway through the season last year and couldn't cover a high schooler. Add that to some, uh, character concerns, and you can see where this is going.

But he has to be better than Fernando Bryant, right? Give me a break.

Last edited:
plus we got Vince Redd who was kicked off VT for smokin cheeba. :)

Manning is a legit starting CB who played on some good D's, Carolina and the Bears. He would be an upgrade over Bryant.

Manning is a legit starting CB

Yeah, usually legit starting CBs get cut in the first round of cuts.

You guys are acting like smoking weed once in awhile is equivalent to a random act of violence in which he beat the crap out of some guy without any provocation. There's different levels of character concerns. Manning's an *******, and he isn't any good as a cornerback, either.

You guys are acting like smoking weed once in awhile is equivalent to a random act of violence in which he beat the crap out of some guy without any provocation. There's different levels of character concerns. Manning's an *******, and he isn't any good as a cornerback, either.

He's better than Bryant

Re: Ricky Manning Jr released by Bears

A buddy of mine who's a Bears fan said he got beaten out by a 7th round rookie midway through the season last year and couldn't cover a high schooler. Add that to some, uh, character concerns, and you can see where this is going.

But he has to be better than Fernando Bryant, right? Give me a break.

We don't even know anything about his football IQ and ability to pick up the Pats system in less than two weeks and one preseason game.

But he's OBVIOUSLY better than Bryant because he had more interceptions... except for last year, when he had ZERO. So he's better than Bryant because... well... wait, what was I saying again? :rolleyes:

plus we got Vince Redd who was kicked off VT for smokin cheeba. :)

Manning is a legit starting CB who played on some good D's, Carolina and the Bears. He would be an upgrade over Bryant.

Vince "Panama" Redd?

He's better than Bryant

You're right.

In Madden 09.

In real life, I trust your talent evaluation about as much as I trust my 60 year old mother to load her iPod correctly.

You're right.

In Madden 09.

In real life, I trust your talent evaluation about as much as I trust my 60 year old mother to load her iPod correctly.

Nahhh..... go with granny.

look whose infront of him, Tillman and Vasher. Plus hes gotten into arguements with the front office, i doubt he was cut because of his talent. Also when you play nickle you dont get the opportunity to put up great stats, that explains his down season last year.

Last edited:
He's better than Bryant

Who Isn't? ;)

If Bryant was so good the freaking lowly Lions would have done all they could to keep him around,even if it meant messing around with the cap some - The Lions did not think he was worth keeping on a team which is almost certain to crap the bed again -

Bryant sucks as we will see in another week or two- There has got to be a JAG for some competition in cuts this week,even if its not Manning Jr.

Hobbs and Bryant as starting corners on this team could make all of a mans hair fall out,although right now I am not so sure Hobbs will blow this year.

Last edited:
On April 23, 2006 Ricky Manning, Jr. attacked a man, Soroush Sabzi , in a Denny's restaurant after teasing him for working on a laptop computer.

He was charged with assault with a deadly weapon after allegedly fighting a man and eventually pled no contest to felony assault. Manning faced up to four years in prison because of a previous assault charge in 2002, for which he received probation.

According to the police report, Manning and former UCLA teammates, Tyler Ebell and Maurice Jones-Drew bullied a student sitting at another table. Manning confronted the student with "Are you a ***got?", "You f---ing Jew," and then called him "an ugly f---ing Jew" and a "***got." The student asked to be left alone and the football players beat him unconscious.

What a disgusting human being.

What a disgusting human being.

Ugh, that settles it for me. Anyone comparing his transgressions to Dillon's or Moss' or even Meriweather's should be slapped in the face.

look whose infront of him, Tillman and Vasher. Plus hes gotten into arguements with the front office, i doubt he was cut because of his talent. Also when you play nickle you dont get the opportunity to put up great stats, that explains his down season last year.

Vasher was injured last year. Manning stepped in. He then was replaced as a starter by a 7th round draft pick (Trumaine McBride). With the drafting of Zackary Bowman, it essentially made him the roster's fifth cornerback. Sorry, but being placed fifth on the depth chart speaks to a lack of talent.

I can't believe I actually enjoyed watching little Maurice Jones-Drew.

I wish nothing but the worst for him as well.

You're right.

In Madden 09.

Hey BrIZ, how come this great talent evaluator didn't attack you when you said that same thing as I did ? Wow.......

You sound like you're the one with the Madden 09 based on your comments. But wait, because BB signed Bryant, HE MUST BE GOOD RIGHT ? I mean, he's had all of 7 picks in 9 years of NFL work, Terry Glenn will do that math for you, that equates to a little under 1 pick per season, .6888 something like that. And ya, what am I thinking. Bryant was fantastic in these 3 pre-season games. Truly Lock-down like.

So Maurice Jones-Drew gets a pass but Manning doesnt?

I didn't know he was involved until now. But now that I DO know, I don't care if Maroney, Jordan, Morris, Faulk, AND Evans all get hurt and go to IR, I wouldn't want MJD. I'd rather line up with five wide every time and have no running game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back