PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bears @ Colts Game Discussion (NBC Sunday Night Football)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently these refs didn't get the memo that whenever the Colts challenge a play, it must always be overturned.

BTW, I said it before the season and I am getting some reinforcement now - Colts are not going to be an elite team this year. They may go 10-6 or 9-7 and struggle for a Wild Card, but I really think this is the year the Colts take a tumble back to the pack.

This is the one positive for the Pats. The AFC may not be as dominant this year and they may still have a shot although remote without Brady.

Old man Harrison with the fumble, Bears return for the TD!

21-13 Bears!

God damn it a day where the Chargers lose with no time left on the clock and the Colts are down 8 against the Bears in the 3rd quarter of the opening of their brand new stadium should have me feeling good. So, so, so bittersweet...

I feel the same way. It's been a bad day. :(

Old man Harrison with the fumble, Bears return for the TD!

21-13 Bears!

God damn it a day where the Chargers lose with no time left on the clock and the Colts are down 8 against the Bears in the 3rd quarter of the opening of their brand new stadium should have me feeling good. So, so, so bittersweet...

Yep. We'd normally be shouting from the fkin rooftops right now. :mad:

colts look as bad as my chargers did today lol, damn

what a crappy week 1

Orton vs. Manning, go figure...:rolleyes:

I guess what they say is true about any given Sunday... Hmmm

These damn Bears are playing a hell of a game.

Forte looks great, Orton can actually manage a game and the Bears defense looks more so like the '06 edition than the '07.

I should be jumping up in down in glee right now, this would be an amazing upset. A day where the Pats win and the other top 3 AFC contenders (Colts, Chargers, Jaguars) all lose and we're all unfortunately still sick to our stomachs. :(

Bears score again! 29-13 Bears with under 9 minutes to go in the fourth! This is truly amazing.

allow me to correct myself

the colts look MUCH WORSE than my chargers did today lol

29-13 Bears, what a ****ter. Our main man goes down and the Colts and Chargers may lose.

The bears are really taking it to the Colts. I am surprised! But it looks like a good draft class and a change of leadership is really going to turn this team around. Considering how weak the NFC is, the Bears should be in the thick of it come playoff time if they can keep playing like this.

The Chargers started off slow last year, too. They'll be in the hunt.

The bears are really taking it to the Colts. I am surprised! But it looks like a good draft class and a change of leadership is really going to turn this team around. Considering how weak the NFC is, the Bears should be in the thick of it come playoff time if they can keep playing like this.
if orton can manage the game and be a decent qb, then the bears have all the talent to challenge for the nfc title

if orton can manage the game and be a decent qb, then the bears have all the talent to challenge for the nfc title

Is that still true if you replace Orton with Cassel, Bears with Pats, and NFC with AFC? (trying to come to terms with the worst day since the Super Bowl)

Actually, I thought San Diego fans would feel pretty good overall today, seeing as LdT, Rivers, Gates AND Merriman all seemed to answer injury concerns...

Granted they lost, but it was a bit of a fluke...

Only Dallas looked very good, to me, but they are notorious fast-starters, no?

And I did not see any of the Pitt game...

These damn Bears are playing a hell of a game.

Forte looks great, Orton can actually manage a game and the Bears defense looks more so like the '06 edition than the '07.

I should be jumping up in down in glee right now, this would be an amazing upset. A day where the Pats win and the other top 3 AFC contenders (Colts, Chargers, Jaguars) all lose and we're all unfortunately still sick to our stomachs. :(

Bears score again! 29-13 Bears with under 9 minutes to go in the fourth! This is truly amazing.

And now Manning turns the ball over on downs. . . .

If there's any consolation, instead of just asking "What now?", we can also start asking "What if?"

the colts are going to lose so that eases the pain a little, but not much

Actually, I thought San Diego fans would feel pretty good overall today, seeing as LdT, Rivers, Gates AND Merriman all seemed to answer injury concerns...

Right now, Pitt, Dallas, Eagles and Giants are the teams to beat. Three of those on the same division. Jets will look good for now, but wait until they play against one of these good teams.

Is that still true if you replace Orton with Cassel, Bears with Pats, and NFC with AFC? (trying to come to terms with the worst day since the Super Bowl)
i like cassell, i think you guys have the talent to still win it all, he just has to manage the situations

i think there's a handful of teams from the afc who can win it all , indy NE, jags , sd , pitt

nfc , who knows, seems real wide open there, i'd lean to dallas but it seems the nfc is more of a crap shoot

Chargers were half-asleep til the 4th quarter and no one in the world thought that Delhomme could half-bobble the snap, pump the ball twice, wind up and throw right over.. I think it was Wilhelm? and throw a strike for a TD. Coupled with horrendous clock management that was your typical 2003 cardiac cat wtfhowdidthathappen win.

Colts? Rusty as hell. Way worse showing than the Bolts today.

I don't think it will mean anything come mid-season.

Why not? :D

i think rivers and LT answered the bell, but our lines played like crap, both of them, gates gave away a free 7 points to carolina's D, and merriman just didn't seem to be as explosive

that prevent D we played on the final drive was truely pathetic, and we f'd up so many near ints it was maddening

luckily we play a crappy denver team next week, and our division is weak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back