PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ot: BC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus everyone will see that both the VT TD and INT were complete bs. So it should have been 14-3 at #8 VT in the rain.

Why have instant replay if you're going to give so much deference to the call on the field?? Especially when the guy on the field didn't even see the play!!!

And people think the best athles are in the Sout, Florida, Texas, etc,

The east coast is on fire, and dominating in all sports, especially football.

It would be the coolest thing ever if We, BC and the Sox won it all.

Heres to hoping.:eat2:

The best athletes are in Florida. I bet a Florida HS all-star football team could beat the rest of the nation.

Why have instant replay if you're going to give so much deference to the call on the field?? Especially when the guy on the field didn't even see the play!!!

Exactly! Both of those VT replays were horrible. After that I thought for sure they were going to overturn BC's first TD.

Last edited:

Actually, the best athletes ARE from the South, Florida, Texas, etc.

I was screaming and running around the house going crazy. Unbelievable. BC will remain #2 in the standings, easily. AMAZING WIN against a tough team in a tough stadium.

That TD especially (if there was a one foot in rule) would have been an absolute no brainer in the NFL. How could they watch that and think it was a good call? I really don't get it.

I hate to be the party pooper here but what does this have to do with the Patriots or the NFL?

I have seen more things closer connected to the NFL that got removed/transferred from this forum.

Is it because a MOD started the topic? - HMMMMMM

Last edited:
I hate to be the party pooper here but what does this have to do with the Patriots or the NFL?
Matt Ryan needs to go before the SF pick :rocker:

I have seen more things closer connected to the NFL that got removed/transferred from this forum.

We allow things that are OT only if they are time sensitive. The Clay Bucholz no-hitter this summer was a case in point as it was ongoing. This thread was started within 3 minutes of the TD pass.

Since you rightfully requested it though, Patriot64, I will now move this thread to the BC forum.

Well, considering OT was in the topic and the majority of us on this board root for all of the Boston teams not just the Pats, seems like a reasonable answer to me? :confused:

It beats the F*ck out of the *****ing and moaning that most are doing about the media lately. That crap is getting old!

We allow things that are OT only if they are time sensitive. The Clay Bucholz no-hitter this summer was a case in point as it was ongoing. This thread was started within 3 minutes of the TD pass.

Since you rightfully requested it though, Patriot64, I will now move this thread to the BC forum.

Thats cool Shmessy, thanks

Although I could have lived with it but just to be fair to some others that have got thier posts tossed elsewhere,that all.

And besides,There are probably others like me who don't give much desire to follow or hear much about College Football until Draft time comes around,thats when I search for all kinds of info on the guys - for me its strictly NFL and College for the draft eligibles.

Maybe/if someday when the stupid bowls go away and they have a tournament style playoff (which will probably never happen), I may begin to have some interest in the collegiate play.

Thats cool Shmessy, thanks

Although I could have lived with it but just to be fair to some others that have got thier posts tossed elsewhere,that all.

And besides,There are probably others like me who don't give much desire to follow or hear much about College Football until Draft time comes around,thats when I search for all kinds of info on the guys - for me its strictly NFL and College for the draft eligibles.

Maybe/if someday when the stupid bowls go away and they have a tournament style playoff (which will probably never happen), I may begin to have some interest in the collegiate play.

I agree with you, Pat64. It all comes down to if an OT is time sensitive to something happening at or around that moment.

The ones that are moved immediately to the proper forum are always ones that are not time sensitive (i.e. "Do you think Ellsbury should replace Manny in left next year" , etc.)

On the other hand, if the Dow Jones goes up 2,000 points tomorrow, an OT thread would probably be OK on the main forum within 30 minutes of the 4:00pm close. Then it would be moved.

It's all good.

Pats and Sox yes, since they're both NE teams, but you only root for BC if you have ties to the school. Plenty of New Englanders don't want to see BC win I'm sure.

But congrats on their big win.

I have a weird situation since my bro goes to BU.

I hope for BU hockey
BC Football
The Pats
The Celts
The Sox
The Bruins
The Revolution (I guess)
Liverpool
George "Rush" St. Pierre

If all of those win in the same year, I'll stop watching sports cuz there's just no point anymore.

Last edited:
That's what picture in picture is for......

Not if you dont give a rats ass about Baseball and the Sox.. I do hope the Sox win now, since I will be glad its over by sunday... and then we have a half a week to get ready for the real sporting event in Pats vs Colts.. :rocker:

does the fact that this game was so close hurt BC in the standings? I am never sure how the rankings work.

no, VT was #8 in the country...great win

No, they adjusted the BCS a few years ago to lessen the impact of strength of victory. The fact that they beat the 8th ranked team will be huge for the computers. They will without a doubt be at least number 2 next week, unless Ohio St loses to Penn St Saturday, then BC will be #1! I can't believe I am saying that after all of the reatarded losses that have cost them a chance for a BCS bowl over the past three years.:rocker:
I think Ohio State is going down Saturday.If OSU does indeed lose tomorrow BC will definitely be #1 in the rankings.BC & OSU basically holds their own fate.If either team loses by the end of the season LSU will replace them in the championship game.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back