PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bart Scott wants to hurt Chad Henne and knock him out of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said he wants to knock Henne out of the game. Tell me how you can knock a player out of the game without injuring him.

I think Scott is very different from most NFL defenders. I think the vast majority are NOT looking to knock a player out of a game, even the ones who hit hard.

There is a difference between trying to knock a ball loose and trying to hurt someone bad enough that he has to leave the game.

The stupidity of Scott is that if he does hurt Henne, there is absolutely no way he can say it was an accident. It would be intentional because he has stated that is his intention.

too borrow aline from ladanian tomlinson this is a relfect of their head coach. last yr after the balt/tenn playoff game rex ryan was asked why his defense was having so much trouble stopping chris johson. Ryan replied -paraphrasing -"he didnt finish the game did he ?"

let's see if they can even get to henne more less hurt him

no one in the NFL blitz more them the jets yet they are 31th in sack's and they have two of the better corners in the NFL in Darrelle Revis and Lito Sheppard so that's not saying much about there passrush

he need's to stop talking and start geting the job done

he's just one more ravens LB that's no good with out Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs playing next to him

i never cheer for players to get hurt but if these guys scott and jarred allen who say they want to injure people get career ending injuries it would not bother me at all

Last edited:
They are only following the lead of their obscenely fat, Corkey lookalike leader. :D

You know I hate to rain on the disgust parade but in my view the only difference between Scott and the average NFL defender in this regard is that Scott is stupid enough to say it in public. Football is a violent, violent game. I'm also loath to think while Scott did say "hurt", he probably did not mean "injure". Is there a difference? There can be. Is there a difference in this case? You'll have to ask Scott.

:agree: Lots of different ways to say what he said. Words like "physical," "tough," and even "hit" are fine when taken in context. Singling out the QB and using the word "hurt" takes it to the extreme.

Wouldn't be shocked if a Dolphin lineman or RB measures a blitzing Scott for an inflatable cast.

:agree: Lots of different ways to say what he said. Words like "physical," "tough," and even "hit" are fine when taken in context. Singling out the QB and using the word "hurt" takes it to the extreme.

Wouldn't be shocked if a Dolphin lineman or RB measures a blitzing Scott for an inflatable cast.

So if Scott gets a dose of his own medicine and gets knocked out for a few games, will the jets just end the season?

Bart Scott has officially replaced Joey Porter as the most obnoxious AFC East linebacker. here's to jake long and donald thomas pancaking him all game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey