PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bart Scott wants to hurt Chad Henne and knock him out of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Bart Scott, the so-called "Mad Backer," has a simple game plan for defending Dolphins QB Chad Henne.

"I hope to get him out of there," Scott said today.

Asked if he wants to hurt Henne, Scott replied, "I want to hit him and get him out of there. That's for anybody who touches the football, period. It's that type of game. Write it down however you want to write it down. You don't have to do something dirty to get somebody out of there."

Of course, to hit him, they will have to get close to him, which the Jets didn't do in the first meeting.

The Jets Stream - NY Daily News

Seriously, these Jets are classless idiots and Scott is the worst. Whether you want injury another player cleanly or dirty, it is just classless.

BTW, when he said similiar things about Brady it worked great. He got a personal foul for barely touching a Patriots player because the refs were looking for the dirty hits.

what a dirtbag i hope they fine his ass real good

They should be able to suspend players for games that they make threats like that for.

I'm surprised most of the jests fans think he should shut up and tackle someone. It seems hes better at talking than tackling.

Last edited:
Change the New York Jets to the New York Hitmen

What an azzhole,No wonder Harbaugh never mentions him anymore as being a loss to his team.

what a dirtbag i hope they fine his ass real good

Not me. Personally, I hope they give Scott a good, healthy dose of his own medicine. I never root for injuries for a player except when said player publicly states that his intention is to go out and injure another team's player. This is all fat boy, as far as I'm concerned, and just goes to show you he has no control over his team. I picked the Dolphins to win the first time around and I'm doing it again. I hope Ronnie Brown hits Scott so hard that he knocks him into next season.

This is great. I hope it is a long debilitating blood feud game that will leave each team mentally and physically beat up. I love cheering against both teams in a game.

The thing I find funny about the Dolphins and Jets is they have the same damn team. Bart Scott, Kerry Rhodes vs Channing Crowder, Joey Porter. Both teams have some stupid whales at coach. They are always talking ****, losing only temporarily stops it. And the Jets / Fins are both great pissing games away.

I don't hope for injuries, but with players like Scott I could care less if he went down for the season. Same thing for a couple guys on the Fins. So I just hope for a bloodbath Sunday, I hope this game ruins both teams.

Last edited:
Always talking **** these Jets. I love how they're so confident now that they beat the big bad Raiders. You didn't hear a peep from them when they got ripped by Miami and lost at home to the Fitzpatrick-led-Bills. Scott is a player who talks a big game but can't back it up. He hits hard but he's a dirty piece of scum who can't cover for his life. I would chop block his ass every play until I tore his ACL. **** him.

And yet somehow, the Pats are the 'classless team' according to some of the 'experts'.

They should be able to suspend players for games that they make threats like that for.

If he takes his comments one step further you can ignore NFL policies and just call law enforcement.

At first, I thought Rex Ryan was doing the right thing in bringing a new attitude to a dull franchise, but he and some of the players are taking it too far. Kerry Rhodes wishing injury on Chad Henne is not far from disgusting and I hope that the 'Phins teach them a lesson.

That being said, it should make a good, physical game :singing:

And yet somehow, the Pats are the 'classless team' according to some of the 'experts'.

Yes. Hurting NFL players' feelings by "running up the score" on them is always worse than intentionally hurting them physically. DUH!!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You know I hate to rain on the disgust parade but in my view the only difference between Scott and the average NFL defender in this regard is that Scott is stupid enough to say it in public. Football is a violent, violent game. I'm also loath to think while Scott did say "hurt", he probably did not mean "injure". Is there a difference? There can be. Is there a difference in this case? You'll have to ask Scott.

Well of course we are. We have done more in the last decade then the Jets have done in the past 40 years. Classless.

My guess is that it is a bluff.

For Scott to get to Henne (in order to "knock him out" him), it would be an inside blitz, e.g., coming in on a stunt- which is part of what their game plan was last time, which we saw was ineffectual because the WC is anything but a vertical play.

My guess is that the NO game is a turning point in how the wildcat is treated from this point onwards.

Every team will be stealing a page from NO's defensive schemes, starting with the Jets and then us.

My guess is we're going to see plenty of outside blitzes (edge), plenty of SS faking man coverage and playside blitzing into the backfield, i.e., an attacking defense, which was basically NO's philosophy. They didn't want the WC to come to them, they wanted to go to it, and shut it down in its backyard, rather than let it develop.

Last edited:
Just a reflection of his coach's bluster and BS...

You know I hate to rain on the disgust parade but in my view the only difference between Scott and the average NFL defender in this regard is that Scott is stupid enough to say it in public. Football is a violent, violent game. I'm also loath to think while Scott did say "hurt", he probably did not mean "injure". Is there a difference? There can be. Is there a difference in this case? You'll have to ask Scott.
He said he wants to knock Henne out of the game. Tell me how you can knock a player out of the game without injuring him.

I think Scott is very different from most NFL defenders. I think the vast majority are NOT looking to knock a player out of a game, even the ones who hit hard.

There is a difference between trying to knock a ball loose and trying to hurt someone bad enough that he has to leave the game.

The stupidity of Scott is that if he does hurt Henne, there is absolutely no way he can say it was an accident. It would be intentional because he has stated that is his intention.

wouldn't it be ironic if this piece of ****'s career ends on a cheap shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Back