PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Baltimore Ravens lose a week of OTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
"It was determined that the Ravens violated the rules concerning the intensity and tempo of drills conducted on the Club's organized team activity days ('OTA days') and the length of time spent by players at the Club's facility on such days.

"As a result, the Ravens will forfeit the final week of their off-season program (June 14-18, 2010). Ravens' players are not permitted to be at the facility on those days, but will be paid for the sessions. The Club cannot reschedule the canceled days."

Ravens lose final week of OTAs | ProFootballTalk.com

Re: Baltimore Ravens lose a week of OTAs

Major cheating scandal. I'd take away this years 1st round pick too.

And the folks who complained may have to answer to Ray Lewis.

:eek:

Hey Florio wrote it, not me. :D

What is the point in restricting and limiting these things anyway?

What is the point in restricting and limiting these things anyway?

I believe that this was something mandated by the UNION to prevent teams from DEMANDING the players put in more time during the off-season.

Follow up:

Ravens admit to "mistake":

"The NFL informed us of the situation, and the action they've taken is appropriate," G.M. Ozzie Newsome said in comments released by the team. "We made a mistake, and it won't happen again. We'll complete our organized team activity days this week and then turn our focus to the start of training camp."

Ravens take responsibility for OTA violations | ProFootballTalk.com

I wonder if we'll find out what the "mistake" was.

I bet there was a silent cheer among the players when this was announced. Next time something like this happens, the players will probably have to take a number if they want to drop a dime on the coach.

Maybe we'd have won that playoff game if we had an extra week of intense practice last year like the Ravens.

I believe that this was something mandated by the UNION to prevent teams from DEMANDING the players put in more time during the off-season.

Yeah, I don't get it either. You're paid millions of dollars a year and you have a union that mandates that your employer can't make use of you for four or five months of the year. Only in America ...

Teams should be left to prepare how they see fit.

Oh I know it is negotiated just don't get how someone can get paid so much and than negotiate that they don't have to work. To me teams should be able to expect 40 hours a week out of their employees and anything over could then be negotiated (including during the season). But I guess maybe that is where the logic applies, they likely put in more than 40 hours during the season so they get it back offseason.

Does ESPN know???

Everything is limited these daze. A few years ago the rookie symposium ran late one day, i.e. it was supposed to end at say, 4 in the afternoon and was still going at 4:03, and a player rep came in and ordered all the rookies to leave. They take that stuff seriously. :nono:

Ray-Gate?:D

Yes! Ray-Gate! Thats what we will call this. I will start spreading the word. And I agree with who ever said it about taking away a first round draft pick from the Ravens. Im a die hard Pats fan and the NFL always seems to have it out for the Patriots. It always seems like when another team does something bad it gets pushed under the rug. Why? Because the NFL hates Belichick because he is on the list of greatest coaches of all time. Because he dosent kiss the media's ass? Sorry but the NFL has a witch hunt out for New England each and every year. Bottom line, Ravens should be punished in some sort of way. :enranged:

Last edited:

It's a rare ability to reference decade plus old material with no relevance to today. You do realize there's a host of material today that would have supported your pov? :p

Tis all much of a muchness to me with the Ravens. Meh.

Given that France enacted a 35 hour work week law in 2000, I made the assumption that Brits (i.e. Mike the Brit) would know that, and I pointed to pre-2000 stuff to note where America was even prior to that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes