PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ballers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So, I know I'm super late, but the HBO show Ballers is really good. It is funny, fast-paced and manages to have heart for a show about jocks and their expensive lifestyles and womanizing. Dwayne "Rock" Johnson is really good. The whole cast is actually. It's a good watch to get you through the last few days before training camp if you're starved for football and/or want to get away from all the controversies and BS. It's highly addictive and you won't feel bad about binging on it because the episodes are only 30 mins. Anyway, I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone hadn't seen it or heard of it.

So, I know I'm super late, but the HBO show Ballers is really good. It is funny, fast-paced and manages to have heart for a show about jocks and their expensive lifestyles and womanizing. Dwayne "Rock" Johnson is really good. The whole cast is actually. It's a good watch to get you through the last few days before training camp if you're starved for football and/or want to get away from all the controversies and BS. It's highly addictive and you won't feel bad about binging on it because the episodes are only 30 mins. Anyway, I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone hadn't seen it or heard of it.
Gotta disagree with you on the really good thing, at least the first season. It was like the show hardly existed… It wasn't really funny, it wasn't really dramatic, it just sort of was.

Gotta disagree with you on the really good thing, at least the first season. It was like the show hardly existed… It wasn't really funny, it wasn't really dramatic, it just sort of was.
To finish your thought, it just sort of was...****ty. And I desperately wanted it to succeed.

Making T-Sizzle an instigating antagonist was an accurate depiction.

As someone that liked "Entourage", I was really hoping I would like this show, but I just don't. The potential is there, but it's just very anticlimactic. If you want to get into a really good show on HBO, watch "The Night Of". It's an 8 part mini-series that has been nothing short of excellent thus far.

As someone that liked "Entourage", I was really hoping I would like this show, but I just don't. The potential is there, but it's just very anticlimactic. If you want to get into a really good show on HBO, watch "The Night Of". It's an 8 part mini-series that has been nothing short of excellent thus far.
Strong agree on the night of, really excellent. Depressing as hell but excellent.

Strong agree on the night of, really excellent. Depressing as hell but excellent.

That kid did everything wrong that he possibly could have done wrong. My girlfriend and I were yelling "what are you doing, you idiot!?", at the TV.

That kid did everything wrong that he possibly could have done wrong. My girlfriend and I were yelling "what are you doing, you idiot!?", at the TV.
I know, incredibly frustrating.

There's probably a Goodell joke in there somewhere...

I made it through three episodes before I bailed.

I think it's mediocre. I just watched the first season of Boardwalk Empire, really enjoying that one, such an interesting period in American history and really beautiful sets. Love Buscemi as a boss, seems he plays so many rolls as the awkward guy, shows his range.

Absolutely riveting television.

I liked it. Obviously, I'm in the minority. But that wouldn't be the first time, as I often like off-beat stuff. And someone mentioned Entourage, which had people saying the same kinds of things in the beginning...Not that I'm saying this is Entourage. Maybe they need an Ari. Lol.

I think it's mediocre. I just watched the first season of Boardwalk Empire, really enjoying that one, such an interesting period in American history and really beautiful sets. Love Buscemi as a boss, seems he plays so many rolls as the awkward guy, shows his range.
Boardwalk is one of my favorites (see my avatar). What they did with the last season was a borderline travesty, though. You'll see what I mean.

The second season is as good of a season as any i have ever seen

Boardwalk is one of my favorites (see my avatar). What they did with the last season was a borderline travesty, though. You'll see what I mean.

I would have liked it to keep going especially to see how Luciano grew in power, but i didn't mind the last season

I would have liked it to keep going especially to see how Luciano grew in power, but i didn't mind the last season

It just felt rushed. I wanted to see both Luciano and Capone grow in power. I was really looking forward to what they were going to do with the St. Valentine's Day Massacre and they skipped completely over that part. I also wanted to see the rift grow between Luciano and Masseria and they skipped that and went straight to Masseria's assassination. Oh well. Still a great show, but I would have loved 2-3 more seasons.

It just felt rushed. I wanted to see both Luciano and Capone grow in power. I was really looking forward to what they were going to do with the St. Valentine's Day Massacre and they skipped completely over that part. I also wanted to see the rift grow between Luciano and Masseria and they skipped that and went straight to Masseria's assassination. Oh well. Still a great show, but I would have loved 2-3 more seasons.

Agreed

The rushed storylines are Kraft's fault, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down