Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As you all know, I posted this petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/SBXL2006/petition.html

This morning I went to all the ESPN football boards and posted it. While I have gotten a few good reactions, they have been few and far between. The BIGGEST reaction has been that of being called a Seahawk whiner and being told "Just to deal with it" regarding the bad officiating.

On a good note, the petition is over 2300 signatures. The other petition has over 10000. I plan on keeping my petition going until the end of the month when I fully plan to send it in to the NFL and to the Patriots. I am also contemplating sending the results of the petition to the LA Times.

DaBruinz said:

This morning I went to all the ESPN football boards and posted it. While I have gotten a few good reactions, they have been few and far between. The BIGGEST reaction has been that of being called a Seahawk whiner and being told "Just to deal with it" regarding the bad officiating.

On a good note, the petition is over 2300 signatures. The other petition has over 10000. I plan on keeping my petition going until the end of the month when I fully plan to send it in to the NFL and to the Patriots. I am also contemplating sending the results of the petition to the LA Times.

If you wait until the end of the month, the impact of the petition will be diminished by then.

I suggest you to send the results of your petition as soon as possible.

Last edited:
It's a well written petition, so I have signed it with my username on here.

DaBruinz said:

I assume that's coming mostly from Stealers fans?

mikey said:
If you wait until the end of the month, the impact of the petition will be diminished by then.

I suggest you to send the results of your petition as soon as possible.

I'd second this. If people haven't signed it in the first week, they probably won't sign later. I'd send it soon!

don't send petition to tagliabue. send it to congress.

DaBruinz said:

send it to who all ever ya want, but youll do far greater damage to tagliabue's stress level by sending it to the Senate. Specifically, the two Senators who wrote and sponsored the "Clean Sports Act of 2005". you remember them both from the steroid hearings last summer.
Remember, John McCain and Ted Stevens both saw the SB. in fact they were probably there. THEY ARE THE TWO GUYS TO WRTITE AND SEND THE PETITION.
They'll send a letter of inquiry over to taglabue. he'll p!$$ his pants. he can't send them a blowoff letter like he will to 15,000 petitioners. he will HAVE to send them a subbstantive letter, which they will share with us. Tagliabue will have to tell them what's what, because the two publicity hounds might ver well call him up to the Hill for a little chat.

big mike said:
I assume that's coming mostly from Stealers fans?

No. Actually, a wide variety of fans. That's why its boggling.

A lot of them laugh at the fact a "Pats Fan is doing a petition about the quality of officiating" and say some BS about the Pats being handed 3 SBs by the officials...

ilduce06410 said:
send it to who all ever ya want, but youll do far greater damage to tagliabue's stress level by sending it to the Senate. Specifically, the two Senators who wrote and sponsored the "Clean Sports Act of 2005". you remember them both from the steroid hearings last summer.
Remember, John McCain and Ted Stevens both saw the SB. in fact they were probably there. THEY ARE THE TWO GUYS TO WRTITE AND SEND THE PETITION.
They'll send a letter of inquiry over to taglabue. he'll p!$$ his pants. he can't send them a blowoff letter like he will to 15,000 petitioners. he will HAVE to send them a subbstantive letter, which they will share with us. Tagliabue will have to tell them what's what, because the two publicity hounds might ver well call him up to the Hill for a little chat.

Thanks IlDuce. I will do that.

On a different note, I am pissed because it would seem that 1800 signatures have disappeared off my petition. I've emailed PetitionOnline to find out wtf happened.

ya got enough signatures

DaBruinz said:
Thanks IlDuce. I will do that.

On a different note, I am pissed because it would seem that 1800 signatures have disappeared off my petition. I've emailed PetitionOnline to find out wtf happened.

highlight the ones from arizona and alaska if you can.
above 1,000 and below 10,000, the actual number of signatures doen't matter. it's all treated pretty much the same.
tagliabue has to come up with an answer that's true, run some embarassing risks. if he says the league will finish a report in june, mccain/stevens will put him on the hook to send the report. at that point, those of us near to tTe Capitol can go and read the thing, if we're that neurotic. and we can help write a response (really) squeezing tagliabue's rocks even more.

Day after the SB, i plunk myself down in a barber's chair in rural Arizona. Almost the first words out of the barber's mouth are, "Did you watch that game? Didja ever see so much officiating b***s**t?!

"My wife was watching a movie on the other tv. At half-time she came by and asked how the game was going. I told her, 'These officials just aren't going to let Seattle win.' She sez, Ah, yer a grumpy ol man.

"Her movie ends. She comes to join me. Stays to watch. Before the game's over, she remarks, 'I see what ya mean. Seattle never had a chance.'"

To me, the lesson was: all over the country ... everybody who watched, knew what was happening. All 90 million. Sure, folks get outraged at bad reffing. But what outlet does rage over bad reffing have? Is it nukes in Iran ... skulduggery in Congress ... suicide bombers in the MidEast? Some things just don't rise to the threshold. This is one of those.

Therefore, we'll keep seeing more of it ... as MoLewis dismally forecasted in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back