PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Asking for a small prayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for good fortune for you and yours, as well as all of the families who are sure to be impacted by this hurricane. Come back safe and sound, ready to watch the Patriots! :)

Done. Good Luck and we'll be thinking of you.

I know this isn't football related but I live in southeast Texas and I'm preparing to evacuate for the second time in twelve days. (Throw Brady's injury into the middle of that and it's been an eventful two weeks)

Gustav stayed east into Louisiana so we barely got any rain. Ike is supposed to hit west of here but the size of it will still give us strong winds and they're worried about storm surge.

Homes can always be rebuilt and I'll always have a roof over my head. That's not my concern. All I'm asking is that you say a prayer for the safety of my friends and family. They can't be replaced.

Thank you guys.

I know this isn't football related but I live in southeast Texas and I'm preparing to evacuate for the second time in twelve days. (Throw Brady's injury into the middle of that and it's been an eventful two weeks)

Gustav stayed east into Louisiana so we barely got any rain. Ike is supposed to hit west of here but the size of it will still give us strong winds and they're worried about storm surge.

Homes can always be rebuilt and I'll always have a roof over my head. That's not my concern. All I'm asking is that you say a prayer for the safety of my friends and family. They can't be replaced.

Thank you guys.
You've got it. Stay safe.

Take care of you, your family and friends and stay safe.

Take care of you, your family and friends and stay safe.

Cousin,
Best wishes.
DW Toys
I am not a preacher but here goes.

Psalm 9:9-10, "The Lord also will be a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble; and those who know thy name well will put their trust in Thee; for Thou, Oh Lord, has not forsaken those who seek Thee."

I survived being on a boat in the Gulf of Mexico in 35 foot seas in a hurricane, and know how powerful they are. Did alot of praying myself all those years ago. We made it into Port Arthur, TX eventually, and am here to post about it.

Prayers definitely going out to you and yours. Please give us feedback when the power goes back on.

P.S. - I love the people of Houston. Great, great people!

I'll pray for you but, honestly, I think you'll come out of it alright. The only place in Texas that might sustain serious damage is that island. Other than that, this is merely a Cat 2 hurricane right now and it's still off to see. Cat 2's are actually pretty soft hurricanes. If Ike powers up into a Cat 3, then start to worry (as will I). But I've lived in Florida pretty much all my life and grew up in South Florida so I have seen my fair share of hurricanes. A Cat 2, you can expect to see downed trees, flooding, and power and water outages. Add to that maybe some damage to the shingles and that about sums up a Cat 2. Best of luck to you and your family though. You will be in my thoughts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey