PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Asking for a small prayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I know this isn't football related but I live in southeast Texas and I'm preparing to evacuate for the second time in twelve days. (Throw Brady's injury into the middle of that and it's been an eventful two weeks)

Gustav stayed east into Louisiana so we barely got any rain. Ike is supposed to hit west of here but the size of it will still give us strong winds and they're worried about storm surge.

Homes can always be rebuilt and I'll always have a roof over my head. That's not my concern. All I'm asking is that you say a prayer for the safety of my friends and family. They can't be replaced.

Thank you guys.

I know this isn't football related but I live in southeast Texas and I'm preparing to evacuate for the second time in twelve days. (Throw Brady's injury into the middle of that and it's been an eventful two weeks)

Gustav stayed east into Louisiana so we barely got any rain. Ike is supposed to hit west of here but the size of it will still give us strong winds and they're worried about storm surge.

Homes can always be rebuilt and I'll always have a roof over my head. That's not my concern. All I'm asking is that you say a prayer for the safety of my friends and family. They can't be replaced.

Thank you guys.

Done. Be safe and keep us posted.

Done.

Good vibes being sent your way, take care.

Thank you guys.

Will do, you'll have patsfans.com collective thoughts & prayers.

Last edited:
Absolutely..been hearing a lot about Ike... prayers

take care and be safe (u , ur family and friends).........

Why are you posting here!? Go out and buy some water and provisions! Board up your windows! And stay safe!

Thank you guys.

Dude, you got it... just sent one up. Remember: God only gives us what we can handle. You've got the right attitude... pray for others and let others pray for you. God walks with you, man... I hope that all turns out ok.

Stay safe and best wishes, CPG. Hopefully Ike weakens before it hits land, just like Hanna did.

Thoughts and Prayers to you and everyone in the Gulf Region. It sure puts sports into perspective.

Lots of prayers today for you, your family and friends and in rememberance of those who died 7 years ago today.

Regards,
Chris

Thank you guys.

Jesus be with you CPG - We at Patsfans know there is more to life than a football game and your post proves how really minor what our Patriots do compared to situations such as what you are going through

You will get though it - Just have faith

STAY SAFE!!!!!

Thinking of you and all your friends and family.

As a fellow southerner who has to deal with these things I understand your worries, concerns, and nervousness. One bit of advice... turn of the weather channel and keep it off! Just do as the local authorities are wanting you to do and get out of there!

My prayers go out to you and all of those you may be affected by this hurricane.

Friend,

I'll light a candle for you and yours, and also for all the souls lost on this day 7 years ago.

Thank you guys.

Will do. Having seen a few on the east coast and at sea, you are wise not to stay put. Get everybody out of the possible path, track the storm on the radio and/or television and stay safe. Sounds like you are following the right course and should be fine. Best of luck to you, your family and your friends.

Thank you guys.

Can do Cousin, God Bless. Just talked to a friend in Houston. He lives down the street from Mario Williams. He said lots of trees in the area and 100mph winds expected. He was on his way to buy a chainsaw.
Take care!
DW Toys

Be safe, and I hope that the strom is not as bad as they have predicted.

Mrs. Captain Stone & I lived on Galveston from 1995-2002 while she attended med school there. We were very fortunate that, during those 7 years, not one hurricane hit us directly. The worst of them, IIRC, was tropical storm Francis, which caused a little damage on the western, unprotected, half of the Island but was just a heavy rain for the rest of us. It produced substantial flooding in Houston, however, because Houston has no elevation, no hills whatsoever, no place for floodwater to recede. Houston is truly one of the most unattractive cities I have ever known, save for the area around Rice University.

According to the Weather Channel folks on location, only about half of the population has evacuated. Those remaining are taking a terrible risk, I fear. We have left e-mail & phone messages, wishing them a safe weekend, with our friends on the Island, who I hope have already left for safer places. Those wishes extend to you & yours, CPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back