PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Are the 0-2 Jaguars done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
They play @ Indy this week and 0-3 if they lose?
I have not watched them but they were supposed to be a player this year.

The media always says we play in a weak division but Indy doesn't play in a great one either.

Re: OT- Are the 0-2 Jaguars done?

i think if they lose this week they could be but if they win they are right back in it

Since the playoffs were expanded to 12 teams in 1990, 211 teams have began their season 0-3.

3 out of those 211 teams made the playoffs.

Additionally the '93 Cowboys, '01 Pats and last year Giants are the only 3 teams to start a season 0-2 then win the Super Bowl.

Ask the 01 Patriots or 07 Giants if they were done at 0-2...

I think they win at Indy, but they're done anyway. They should be able to exploit the Colts' significantly weakened run defense, even with their offensive line woes, and unlike Minnesota, keep the Colts defense honest from stacking 8 in the box by utilizing Garrard and those big receivers, who are light years ahead of Jackson and his motley crew. Long term, I don't think they can sustain any sort of consistency, especially defensively where they are vulnerable in the secondary. I never bought them as a Superbowl contender anyway, nor the Vikings.

Well last year it wasn't even close which division was better. The 1-2-3-4 from the South were all better than #2 in the East. This year, we'll see. Buffalo looks promising for one, but Miami still blows. In reality it doesn't matter which division is better.

Jacksonville is very banged up on the o-line. They still have games left with Indy, two with Tennessee, Denver, Pittsburgh. They play the AFC North, which appears to be Pittsburgh and perhaps not much after that. They also play the NFC North, which is Green Bay and not much after that.

If you have to go 10-3, that's tough. They're banged up, their schedule isn't all that easy. Garrard hasn't played well. They haven't run the ball that well. They're in deep, no question.

I think they win at Indy, but they're done anyway. They should be able to exploit the Colts' significantly weakened run defense, even with their offensive line woes, and unlike Minnesota, keep the Colts defense honest from stacking 8 in the box by utilizing Garrard and those big receivers, who are light years ahead of Jackson and his motley crew. Long term, I don't think they can sustain any sort of consistency, especially defensively where they are vulnerable in the secondary. I never bought them as a Superbowl contender anyway, nor the Vikings.

Naw the Jags will go home 0-3 I think. They will be desperate for a win but they often don't do well in division games (especially against the Colts) and the Colts are desperate to win a game finally in the new stadium.

Peyton Manning and our offense usually do a good job of exploiting the Jags D and we will have Saturday and Clark back.I think they got the rust off on offense.

Jags are often the media darlings and I roll my eyes at that.

I hope the Colts do a number on them. Garrard has not played that well this season because of the o line issues and the lack of running game. The Jags running backs right now are banged up and missing practice. We have our own issues with the running game but I trust our passing game right now.

Will be a tough game but no excuses, Colts gotta get this win despite their own injuries.

Last edited:

Just imagine if the Pats lost Logan Mankins, Matt Light, Stephen Neal, and Dan Koppell all in the SAME season. It wouldn't matter who's taken snaps under center.

Even if the Jags were playing Oakland this week, their season is done.

Nobody's done, not this early. Not even the pathetic Chiefs. The season changes a lot as it goes on.

Just imagine if the Pats lost Logan Mankins, Matt Light, Stephen Neal, and Dan Koppell all in the SAME season. It wouldn't matter who's taken snaps under center.

Even if the Jags were playing Oakland this week, their season is done.

The Colts o line is banged up as well even though we may get Jeff back for the next game and it looks like we will.

However a great QB can sometimes make up for that.

I really have a hard time using injuries as an excuse when my team is loaded with them........

Guys have to step up and do their job.

While I don't think the Jags are done this early in the year they always have a way of blowing the games they need the most under Del Rio.

Last edited:
Din;r know about their o-line woes so that may explian things. Don't see them winning at Indy. They always play them close but seen to lose by a FG.
They seem to play a bit dirty the few times I have watched them on tv and I don't like like their coach.

I would count the Chiefs out. Look who their coach is. They are really bad and can't see anyone that can turn them around this year.

Two dysfuntional teams with all their injury woes, it's a toss up which one can put it together.

this is one of those games i've been back and forth on. the colts have typically ruled the jags, and they're at home. they also get dallas clark back and i'd be willing to bet manning will click more with his receivers very soon.

however, looking at the colts defense, it just doesn't look good. they've got two lightweights in the middle after letting ed johnson go. they just lost bob sanders. even with sanders and johnson, they didn't do well against the run game, which is the jags strength, even with backup interior linemen.

if the jags can put up points through the run game, i'm not sure the indy offense is in synch enough to keep up. but if the jags sputter then it's over for them. i have to pick this game for a local contest i'm doing, and i can't figure out which one i should pick. we'll see.

this is one of those games i've been back and forth on. the colts have typically ruled the jags, and they're at home. they also get dallas clark back and i'd be willing to bet manning will click more with his receivers very soon.

however, looking at the colts defense, it just doesn't look good. they've got two lightweights in the middle after letting ed johnson go. they just lost bob sanders. even with sanders and johnson, they didn't do well against the run game, which is the jags strength, even with backup interior linemen.

if the jags can put up points through the run game, i'm not sure the indy offense is in synch enough to keep up. but if the jags sputter then it's over for them. i have to pick this game for a local contest i'm doing, and i can't figure out which one i should pick. we'll see.

Saturday will be playing this one too I heard today.

I can't see us losing another one at home so soon. And they owe it to the fans after how awful week 1 was IMO.

Jags running backs missed practice today as well. They will play but are not 100%.

Nobody is 100% to be honest in this matchup but I just have a better feeling about this one than I did even against the Vikings or Bears.
Hey our defense might suprise. You never know. They did limit the Vikings on third downs. If we can hold the Jags to FGs we should be fine, if not.....
Hopefully Manning and his guys did get the rust off and play like they did in the 4th against the Vikings.
Jags/Colts game are always tough ones.
It appears for the Colts to get a few starters back they have to lose a few more.

Last edited:
With the injuries to their OL, they're probably pretty much screwed either way. Indy's run D is a weakness right now, but at this point I don't know if the Jags have enough of an OL to exploit it anyways, so I think Indy will win this one pretty handily.

Last edited:
Saturday will be playing this one too I heard today.

I can't see us losing another one at home so soon. And they owe it to the fans after how awful week 1 was IMO.

Jags running backs missed practice today as well. They will play but are not 100%.

Nobody is 100% to be honest in this matchup but I just have a better feeling about this one than I did even against the Vikings or Bears.
Hey our defense might suprise. You never know. They did limit the Vikings on third downs. If we can hold the Jags to FGs we should be fine, if not.....
Hopefully Manning and his guys did get the rust off and play like they did in the 4th against the Vikings.
Jags/Colts game are always tough ones.

yeah, i'm just not quite sure. i was expecting them to beat up on chicago. then i expected them to score a lot against minnesota, considering their typically bad pass defense.

how much of a difference is saturday really going to make is my question. i know the colts had trouble running the ball, and the jags have a good run d, which will make things tough.

it's true the indy D did limit the vikes to 5 FG's. but honestly...i'd take garrard over tarvaris jackson any day. garrard's more likely to make plays than jackson is.

this is one i'm going to have to stew on for a little while. isn't ugoh out for a bit?

yeah, i'm just not quite sure. i was expecting them to beat up on chicago. then i expected them to score a lot against minnesota, considering their typically bad pass defense.

how much of a difference is saturday really going to make is my question. i know the colts had trouble running the ball, and the jags have a good run d, which will make things tough.

it's true the indy D did limit the vikes to 5 FG's. but honestly...i'd take garrard over tarvaris jackson any day. garrard's more likely to make plays than jackson is.

this is one i'm going to have to stew on for a little while. isn't ugoh out for a bit?

Yes our LT is always hurt it seems. Charlie Johnson played a lot last year and will for a few more games.CJ played against the Jags last year and most of the Vikings game.
But, Saturday is very important. He helps Peyton with the calls and he helps the rest of the line with the protection calls too, Manning has been doing it by himself the first few games. And he may be able to help our running game which has been stale and help get some holds in the middle hopefully.Clark can help block better too, there is a huge dropoff between him and our other TEs.

Not sure about the Jags D either. Titans ran all over them. The Bills passed all over them.Not really sure what to expect from the Jags to be honest.

But, no RB scares me as much as Peterson and no D line as much as the Vikings. Ouch.

Pick who you want.It will be interesting.Both teams are made of glass.:D

I don't think they're "done" but I do think they will go home 0-3.

0-3 is a huge hole. They will mail it in if this happens.

0-3 is a huge hole. They will mail it in if this happens.

The Jags were stocked and loaded coming into the season, especially on D. And it seemed like when Del Rio hired Greg Williams to coach the D, it looked like the icing on the cake(Williams, despite NO pass rushing ends in Washington, had them playing outstanding. Now he has like 2-3 in Jax).

Really-I know injuries are part of the game, but Jax was really riding high coming into the season.

BTW-when Parcells left Dallas 2 years ago, we Cowboys fans were hoping Del Rio would get hired, even if it meant giving away draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes