PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Archie's still mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
:rofl: Was feelin' a little bummed this morning after finding out that I missed Twins month in the Parking Lot, but this story for some reason really cheered me up. I know, I know... I'm just petty. :D

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060120/SPORTS03/601200519/1100

Archie Manning continues to do a slow burn over the way his son, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, is getting ripped by national media for his comments after Sunday's playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Peyton Manning wasn't available to offer his rebuttal to Bradshaw and other critics. He and his wife, Ashley, are out of the country, relaxing, according to Archie. Attempts to contact members of the Colts' offensive line, including center Jeff Saturday, were unsuccessful.

Archie said Peyton was watching the Fox broadcast of the Carolina-Chicago NFC divisional game when he heard Bradshaw's criticism.
"He was totally shocked,'' Archie said. "You hear what they say on the radio and in the media. They say Peyton choked and Peyton can't win a big game. He's been living with that forever.

"But you add this to it, and it hurts. I just don't understand how he gets torn up over this. He was just trying to do the right thing. I've seen a lot of people not go in (the news conference) after a tough loss like that. I was with him before he went in. I know his heart was broken. But he went in and did his duty. He stood up to it.''

Archie categorized Bradshaw's on-air criticism as a "cheap shot.''
"It's not right to show that one quote out of a long press conference where people keep asking him and asking him,'' Archie said. "Yes, I thought it was a cheap shot, but I'm not going to go to war with Terry Bradshaw.
"I hope Terry doesn't have anything against us.''

Bradshaw dismissed the notion he has an anti-Manning agenda.
"I don't want to make it a personal thing with the Mannings because they are wonderful people and do wonderful things,'' Bradshaw said in a Wednesday teleconference.

Bradshaw would welcome a call from Archie, or Peyton, to resolve the dispute. Sometimes, he said in reference to Archie defending Peyton, "you've got to stand up and do your own battles."

"My dad taught me a long time ago, 'I ain't fighting your battles for you, son. You fight your own battles.' ''

God love ya, Terry.

Now this is job for Dr. Phil.......

Sheesh, I'm a girl and even MY dad taught me about fighting my own battles.....

mzybe everybody should take a deep breath over ol'peyton

God love ya, Terry.[/QUOTE]

for some reason, watching ol'peyton eat a bag of $h1t on a regular basis really makes me smile. wasn't there a prizefighter or somebody who kept wanting to be acknowledged as world's best? beat everybody in sight and still wanted only that elusive recognition?
he wasn't laughable, people saw him more as tragically insecure. like a figure out of the greek theater.
but ol' peyton is not the same. for some reason what he inspires from me is contempt. seems like other people feel the same. strange---i like his brother, eli seems to be a football player. i admire archie, always have. although i enjoy the peyton-bashing, i hope that boy doesn't have a nervous breakdown over it. if he does, we'll all own a little piece of it.

Little thngs like this tend to lift ones spirits. Nothing like taking joy in the agony of others to give me a little boost.:rocker:

Last edited:
After all these years of PC's Payton fell for the media ploy of keep hitting until you get a quote that says what they really feel! Terry B. gave his honest opinion of what Payton said. Payton made a huge mistake, and he was rightfully called on it. To try and spin it as a "cheap shot" by Terry, who Archie then suggests may have something against them is just sad! IMO, Archie would have better luck calling in Betty and Veronica for damage control! Step out of the picture DAD!

well

Doesn't daddy realize that he's making it worse by doing this. If he would just let it go, then it would probably be out of the media by now--but no he can't stand to not have the last word. Note to archie, you are making your some even more of a laughing stock by doing this.

On the other hand, it's very entertaining!

i'm enjoying it too

PATSNUTme said:
Little thngs like this tend to lift ones spirits. Nothing like take joy in the agony of others to give me a little boost.:rocker:
the media will never let archie out of the picture. the story line is too good. i have a grown son, and although i could probably restrain myself when somebody trashed my kid, but i'd still think real hard about sticking some c-4 right next to their starter.
but you know sometimes it seems archie/peyton want the publicity. archie and bardshaw undoubtedly have known each other for 30 years. either one could have just called the other and straightened it out. playing this out in front of cameras is.....
i'm enjoyting the saga, too. but as the years pass, ol' peyton sems to be getting closer and closer to the line.
what does he want, anyway?i don't know exactly.

something raw and nasty

PatsChick87 said:
After all these years of PC's Payton fell for the media ploy of keep hitting until you get a quote that says what they really feel! Terry B. gave his honest opinion of what Payton said. Payton made a huge mistake, and he was rightfully called on it. To try and spin it as a "cheap shot" by Terry, who Archie then suggests may have something against them is just sad! IMO, Archie would have better luck calling in Betty and Veronica for damage control! Step out of the picture DAD!
the media would push this all the way to a steel-cage death match if they could. journalists stopped giving a $h!t about harming people 30 years ago, with watergate.
somebody in that family should get ol' peyton's sorry ass in front of cameras and have him say, "i messed up. never should have said it. shouldn't even have come out of the locker room. feelings too raw. next time i'll keep my mouth shut."
the worst part is, i believe ol 'peyton gave all his OLs a car after last season. i notice none of his OLs have come out and sponken up for their guy.

ilduce06410 said:
the media would push this all the way to a steel-cage death match if they could. journalists stopped giving a $h!t about harming people 30 years ago, with watergate.
somebody in that family should get ol' peyton's sorry ass in front of cameras and have him say, "i messed up. never should have said it. shouldn't even have come out of the locker room. feelings too raw. next time i'll keep my mouth shut."
the worst part is, i believe ol 'peyton gave all his OLs a car after last season. i notice none of his OLs have come out and sponken up for their guy.
Payton can't buy the efforts and loyalty of his teammates. He has to earn it. You don't TRY to be a good teammate, you either are or are not. Payton has the rep of being the general on the field. He calls the protection, he apparently also 2nd guesses his coaches playcalling. IMO you live by the sword and die by the sword. I suspect that he would have earned most peoples respect if he'd simply said, "I didn't call the right protections" or "I didn't make the right reads" or "I should have checked down more" or anything but a statement that starts with "I'm trying to be a good teammate here...." :cool:

"It's not right to show that one quote out of a long press conference where people keep asking him and asking him,'' Archie said.

That's absurd. Player's careers can be remembered for a single play (Scott Norwood, Dwight Clark) , and press conferences can be remembered for single comments. What Peyton said was dumb, but Archie is only making this worse, and furthering the criticism by fussing about it.

The funny part is, Vanderjagt is almost universally known as the "idiot kicker". Guess who called him that? Yup, Peyton. But God forbid Peyton himself gets a little criticism himself. Geez. It's part of the job, it's part of the NFL. The sooner Archie shuts up, the sooner this will all go away.

Archie should just shut up. I watched the entire press conference, too. My reaction was just like Bradshaw's. I couldn't believe that he was throwing his teammates under the bus like that. Not just once, but twice.

Murphys95 said:
The sooner Archie shuts up, the sooner this will all go away.

We know it will go away... The choking, pointing fingers, avoiding guilt... is not like it never happened before.

Murphys95 said:
The funny part is, Vanderjagt is almost universally known as the "idiot kicker". Guess who called him that? Yup, Peyton. But God forbid Peyton himself gets a little criticism himself. Geez. It's part of the job, it's part of the NFL. The sooner Archie shuts up, the sooner this will all go away.
Ya forgot "Liquored-up"

Attachments

• churchsign.jpg
    churchsign.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 25
T-ShirtDynasty said:
Ya forgot "Liquored-up"
And polished up, with no where to go!
This may be nitpicky but did you notice the polished nails on the shot of him holding his head in hand? It was a eeuuwe.... moment for me! I mean I know he's a kicker and all, but still..... :eek:

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Ya forgot "Liquored-up"

How could I have forgotten that?!!! :)

liquor.jpg

:D Excellent Murph!

Fanfrom1960 said:
Was that outside a church in Indianapolis?
That would be priceless, but it's a fake I borrowed from a Jests fan. :D

Hey PatsChick, I missed the fingernails on Vanderjerk :( But the earring.... why can some athletes pull off the earrings and some just look flat out gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Murphys95 said:
"It's not right to show that one quote out of a long press conference where people keep asking him and asking him,'' Archie said.

That's absurd. Player's careers can be remembered for a single play (Scott Norwood, Dwight Clark) , and press conferences can be remembered for single comments. What Peyton said was dumb, but Archie is only making this worse, and furthering the criticism by fussing about it.

How's Tom doing on the back 9.

I know he had a little problem with the 7th sand trap.

Tony Collins said:
How's Tom doing on the back 9.

I know he had a little problem with the 7th sand trap.

You really do have a self-esteem problem don't you.

ilduce06410 said:
although i enjoy the peyton-bashing, i hope that boy doesn't have a nervous breakdown over it. if he does, we'll all own a little piece of it.

Will we get membership cards, and discounts at fine establishments and stuff? Are there dividend checks? :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye