PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Apparently the NFL works out their players too hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
First Brian Cushing claims failed a drug test because he worked out too hard. Now Darius Heyward-Bey needs vacation days during training camp because he put in extra hours during the offseason. Who knew that the NFL provided comp days to their players.

The guy has actually missed 4 practices in a row because he is fatigued from all the work he put in this offseason. You can't make this stuff up.

That first round pick may be inching higher and higher.

`Fatigue’ slows Heyward-Bey - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

First Brian Cushing claims failed a drug test because he worked out too hard. Now Darius Heyward-Bey needs vacation days during training camp because he put in extra hours during the offseason. Who knew that the NFL provided comp days to their players.

The guy has actually missed 4 practices in a row because he is fatigued from all the work he put in this offseason. You can't make this stuff up.

`Fatigue’ slows Heyward-Bey - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

Just like any other job you have people who are soft or just don't want to work.

Hell I had a 30 year old guy take a few days off in the middle of crunch time to "play" Grand Theft Auto.

That's truly one of the lamest "football" related stories I think Ive ever read. Oakland cant crumble once again quickly enough for my liking. Too tired? Too tired? Only in Oakland.

That's truly one of the lamest "football" related stories I think Ive ever read. Oakland cant crumble once again quickly enough for my liking. Too tired? Too tired? Only in Oakland.

Oh, I can trump that. The $50M guaranteed man doesn't want to assume the mantle the money was predicated on... He should have told Condon this before he persued that level of contract and requisite expectations.

St. Louis Rams QB Sam Bradford thinks it is silly for people to label him the "face of the franchise," according to Bill Coats, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "I think that's ridiculous," Bradford said. "I don't think one person is any face of the franchise. It takes 11 guys on offense, 11 guys on defense and however many guys you have playing special teams to win a football game. That's how I look at it. And I wish more people would look at it like that."

There are a lot of young players who think getting to the NFL means you've arrived and expectations thereafter represent undue pressure.

Read more: NFL News and Rumors - Hot off the Wire Fantasy Football News

Oh, I can trump that. The $50M guaranteed man doesn't want to assume the mantle the money was predicated on... He should have told Condon this before he persued that level of contract and requisite expectations.

There are a lot of young players who think getting to the NFL means you've arrived and expectations thereafter represent undue pressure.

Read more: NFL News and Rumors - Hot off the Wire Fantasy Football News

People who have been handed $50m without having accomplished anything shouldn't be allowed to speak unless it's to utter the words, "Thank you."

The career stats for the WRs that Campbell will be throwing to:

134 catches, 1912 yards, 13 TDs

Has the potential to be a train-wreck.

Sam Bradford said:
It takes 11 guys on offense, 11 guys on defense and however many guys you have playing special teams to win a football game.

I am pretty sure there are 11 guys that play special teams aswell ;)

Bradford doesn't seem to be the brightest!

Mo, I don't get your objection to that quote at all. Isn't it just a variation of "there are 53 guys on this team, we're all in it together" mantra? Trying not to put himself above his teammates? :confused:

Mo, I don't get your objection to that quote at all. Isn't it just a variation of "there are 53 guys on this team, we're all in it together" mantra? Trying not to put himself above his teammates? :confused:

Nope. If that were the case he wouldn't have held the Rams up for almost $10M more than the last face of the franchise draftee... Brady knows he's the face of this franchise. Doesn't mean he thinks he's better than his teamates, just more responsible and accountable for how this team performs on and off the field. He's the team leader, and he had to be that coming off the bench as a 6th round backup making $300K, and he knew it and embraced it which is why guys followed him. Every time he said WE have to play better he either prefaced or followed it with I have to play better. That's why you can demand the big bucks. This sounds more like "hey, I'm just an overhyped kid out of college who hasn't even played in a year, don't blame me if we still suck or I can't wrest the starting position from the icy grip of AJ Feely." Something I doubt Condon uttered during negotiations or in the run up to positioning Bradford to be the #1 pick.

You can't have it both ways. From those to whom much $$$ has been given, much is expected. Even though historically we know as often as not they can't deliver and often times never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back