PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Anyone watching the Colts-49ers game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very disappointed that Pats didn't draft him even though he fell to the 6th round.

Did anyone hear the begining of the broadcast when the Colts broadcasters actually referred to the Colts as a dynasty? So now you only have to win one SB against a Rex Grossman led team to qualify as a dynasty. Sad thing is people from Indy probably believe that.

They probably meant Dynasty of the Regular Season :D

Addai and Brown ran 10 times for 7 yards. 1st and goal from the 2 and they ended up with a FG. The defense looked good but against Alex Smith (with no Gore) it is hard to get a good impression. He had Vernon Davis wide open for a long TD and missed on an easy throw.

I see this game as a victory for the Colts just on the basis of nobody important getting hurt.

ehh, they've never been able to run the ball well. they were ranked 31st last year and this year have injuries to LT Charlie Johnson, C Jeff Saturday and one of their guards. THeir run game won't improve much this year. They are still a dangerous team though.

i think it was their inability to run the ball effectively in the second half of the super bowl that cost them the game. despite the onsides kick, they were leading 17-16 at the start of the fourth quarter and still managed to find a way to lose. if they had a running game, they could have kept brees off the field. if you take a way addai's 11 yard and 26 yard runs, the colts only ran the ball 17 times for 62 yards (3.3 YPC).

I got into a big argument on the colts board about this. i told the colts fans that most of the time you can't win super bowls without a good balance running and passing the ball. they refused to believe it because they know their run game is putrid.

whatever makes them feel better. they know they are playoff chokers, so they have to invent new things.

in any event, it is better than the jets and their preseason dynasty.

I watched the first quarter and a bit; but my stream stopped :( But I wasn't too bothered!

Very disappointed that Pats didn't draft him even though he fell to the 6th round.

Did anyone hear the begining of the broadcast when the Colts broadcasters actually referred to the Colts as a dynasty? So now you only have to win one SB against a Rex Grossman led team to qualify as a dynasty. Sad thing is people from Indy probably believe that.

I was right about to ask about that. I almost dropped off my chair when I heard him say that:eek::eek:. Are you kidding me.

I would've thought that too, but the clown was comparing them to the 49ers dynasty in the 80s.

Heard that also. They capitalized on that statement by comparing the Colts' "dynasty" to the 49ers dynasty of the 80s. One of them even mentioned how the 49ers won several championships during that decade. Apparently, one title vs. 3 is a wash to those announcers.

Anyone else notice the Colts new laundry? They seemed to have gone to a slightly darker shade of blue, with a solid blue helmet with 2 horseshoes, one on each back quarter and a white stripe front to back. Interesting. they look more like Utah State University's team, but whatever. I've just never seen them with a solid blue helmet before, especially with the logo on the back like that.

Those were their throwback uniforms from 1955. As far as throwbacks go, those weren't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back