PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Anyone know a good draft game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GostkowSKI

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
My friends and I are getting together to watch the draft on Saturday and wanted to make a game out of it somehow, something in the mold of how you might fill out an NCAA tournament bracket.

I think the best idea we have so far is each person picks 15 players, and whoever has the most players from their list picked in the top 15 wins the pot.

Anyone have any better ideas for me? If you do thanks in advance.

In college we always made a drinking game out of it. Any reference to Mel Kiper's hair, anything about a "can't miss" prospect, etc. And whenever the Pats picked, you had to chug a beer.

My friends and I are getting together to watch the draft on Saturday and wanted to make a game out of it somehow, something in the mold of how you might fill out an NCAA tournament bracket.

I think the best idea we have so far is each person picks 15 players, and whoever has the most players from their list picked in the top 15 wins the pot.

Anyone have any better ideas for me? If you do thanks in advance.

That's a little bit too random. How about this. Everyone has 32 guesses for Round 1 of the draft. But they have to match the player to the team for it to count. The one who can match the most players wins. In the event of a tie, have the tying players do this again for round 2.

That should be pretty easy to keep track of. Just make sure nobody scratches their list and changes names! So probably a "commissioner" should be scorekeeper and keep the lists. You could do a big Scoreboard, and add points to a player's name whenever they get a pick right. And as you pointed out, the final winner gets the pot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye