PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone have Dish Network? CBS negotiations..

http://adage.com/article/media/dish-extends-cbs-deal-week-standoff-looms/296014/

It's getting extended for another 5 or so days now so that to me says they are close and are going to get a deal done..but if i miss any pats games as there are 3 in DEC on CBS and have to stream them..i will throw a lot of objects in my house :)
I have Dish and I haven't heard anything about this. It was bad enough they've removed 4-5 other channels over standoffs the last few months. But you do nottttt take NFL football away from me on Sundays. If they want to have this standoff during the NFL offseason, by all means go ahead, I watch nothing else on CBS. ;)

I have Dish and I haven't heard anything about this. It was bad enough they've removed 4-5 other channels over standoffs the last few months. But you do nottttt take NFL football away from me on Sundays. If they want to have this standoff during the NFL offseason, by all means go ahead, I watch nothing else on CBS. ;)

they make their contracts run and expire this time of year becasue of NFL and NFL playoffs...it speeds up negotiations and makes the provider cave faster...they better cave and fast...

You can get an HD Antenna and watch CBS over the air if the negotiations fail.

I tired that with my smaller TV and i couldn't pick up CBS in my area...not sure why

I can when i tailgate...but not in central MA..weird

I tired that with my smaller TV and i couldn't pick up CBS in my area...not sure why

I can when i tailgate...but not in central MA..weird

It will depend on the antenna. http://tvfool.com/

I've been using antenna for the last 2 years.

It will depend on the antenna. http://tvfool.com/

I've been using antenna for the last 2 years.

I have basic rabbit ears. Get me like 20 HD channels at the stadium..but just channel 3 and spanish channel at my house..maybe new antenna...but hopefully they reach something before i resort to that and throwing things

http://deadline.com/2014/12/cbs-go-dark-dish-network-thursday-1201306318/

CBS just threw down the gauntlet: Dish Network subscribers will lose access to CBS-owned stations Thursday at 7 PM ET if the companies can’t agree to terms on a new carriage deal. The broadcaster says that after six months of talks, Dish has “not been operating with the same sense of urgency” to make a deal.

“In the last few weeks, we have granted two extensions, in the hopes that this would give both parties sufficient time to come to a resolution,” CBS says. “The second extension, which protected Dish subscribers’ programming over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, was the final one.”

THANK GOD this weeks game is on NBC...but if it's not solved by the MIA game i will lose my ****

So CBS was suppose to go dark on us at 7 last night. I turned it on at 9 and it was still on. Googled it and said they were leaving it on as talks were going into the night..sounds like its close because cbs is still on air...

Verizon and Fox 25 have ended their squabble. The good news is these standoffs tend to not last long after they pull a channel from the air. The bad news is if Dish pulls the plug on CBS, people will most likely miss at least one Sunday worth of games.

Verizon and Fox 25 have ended their squabble. The good news is these standoffs tend to not last long after they pull a channel from the air. The bad news is if Dish pulls the plug on CBS, people will most likely miss at least one Sunday worth of games.

If it happens i will go to my buddies house as i wont be at the MIA game.

My dad will have to try and stream it somewhere on comp and he is not happy...

But CBS not yet being pulled after deadline means they are close. Its still on at my house. If it gets pulled it wont be long luckily. With NFL playoffs and big games coming up..it will be done soon IMO

Would only miss 1 game this Sunday if they do pull it here soon. But sounds like good news to me so i am hoping.

I don't know, I don't work for CBS.

Considering its a stand alone product seperate from Cable providers, it should let you choose whichever CBS games they have available.

Ehh....take your buisness elsewhere and just change subscribers. I was about to do it to FiOS if they didn't renew Fox.

These cable/satellite providers almost have to cave in to these demands, esp when you are talking about the big networks. Truth is, at least from my point of view, I could have lived a little bit without Fox. The Pats wont be on anymore games their the rest of the year, and TV shows I watch (Family Guy, The Following) either are syndicated on other channels, or won't start airing new shows until the new year. I'm not a big Fox guy, but that's me....

But when you start talking about CBS, ABC or NBC, that's a different ball game. Besides Pats/AFC games, most of my shows are on those channels (my avatar), not to mention SEC games and news stations I prefer.

I just think its baloney. They'll up your monthly fees after a certain point, for what? To not air the important channels? Its going to be 3 years in Feb since I bought my house, since I've flopped between FiOS and Xfinty. I have no problems doing that for the best deal, if they try and jerk things around. Hit them where it matters, and that's their wallets.

They stuck a deal this AM..phew!!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ackout-ends-dish-contract-20141204-story.html

CBS and Dish Network agreed to a new carriage contract after marathon negotiations that went through the night. The accord, which came shortly before 5 a.m. Saturday, ended the brief blackout of CBS-owned stations for millions of Dish subscribers around the country.

The temporary outage interrupted service of two CBS-owned TV stations in Los Angeles — KCBS-TV (Channel 2) and KCAL-TV (Channel 9) — for Dish customers.

In the end, the two companies decided to play “Let's Make A Deal.”

Financial details of the new arrangement were not disclosed, but CBS said it came away with the fee increases that it had been looking for. CBS also won concessions from Dish about the deployment of Dish's controversial AutoHop ad-skipping digital recording device.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back