PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Anquan Boldin Trade Nepotism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosey threetupu

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Brother who just beat brother in the SuperBowl trades a key piece of the SB run to said brother for a 6th round pick? Or do they have too much integrity?

No offense but this kind of thing makes us look ridiculuous in front of other fan bases. We dont need to microscope other teams in order To find something and use that as a shield for deflategate, just put the facts that are public and everyone with 2 brain cells can see the frame job the nfl promoted.

Even the "Other teams tamper with footballs and don't get punished" argument doesn't help much. People respond "That's because they're not known cheaters like Belicheat and the Cheatriots."

Even if it was some 'scheme' from one Harbaugh to another, that doesn't bother me. Every coach in the league has established relationships that he'll leverage if he has the chance. Belichick's certainly no exception to that. That 2nd rounder we got for Cassel and Vrabel was at least in part to the Belichick/Pioli relationship.

John Harbaugh's relationship with Pagano troubles me a lot more than his relationship with his brother did. Jim and John never tried to set up a sting to smear the Patriots.

There's nothing wrong with having preferences when it comes to making trades. Teams often refuse to trade within their own division, for example.

You're all entitled to your opinion and I'm usually not into this type of thing but it bothered me a little when it happened and just remembered it watching this game. It's fine to have trade partners you work well with. It's another thing to make a trade that would be vetoed in any fantasy league as lopsided.

Nah that trade never bothered me because they could have probably gotten more for him and it made them weaker in the pass game and got a good receiver out of the conference. Although 49ers probably could have given a 4th or a 5th in addition of the 6th to make it seem a bit better.

My problem with that trade was the chicken littles and boston mediots whining about the Pats not trading for him. The ****birds were never going to trade a good WR to a rival.

Last edited:
You're all entitled to your opinion and I'm usually not into this type of thing but it bothered me a little when it happened and just remembered it watching this game. It's fine to have trade partners you work well with. It's another thing to make a trade that would be vetoed in any fantasy league as lopsided.

Kevin McHale and Danny Ainge = Kevin Garnett

And I'm fine with that, thanks.

......and it worked out SO well for both teams, as neither made the playoff the season after the trade. I"m sure Boldin (who was the true MVP of the Ravens playoff run)., who made key catch after key catch against good coverage to bail out his QB and HC time after time; is really looking forward to playing out the end of his career in a bad rebuilding project with the Niners.

Kevin McHale and Danny Ainge = Kevin Garnett

And I'm fine with that, thanks.
At the time some people thought KG didn't have much left and thought the big guy Boston gave up (name escapes me) would be borderline all star material. I see your point but not apples to apples exactly.

"But every time I try to tell them terrorists blew up the world trade center, they say it was George Bush who personally put explosives on every single floor. The truth doesn't matter. Everyone thinks it was the illuminati so that's how it'll be remembered. They say there was no planes."

- What Patriot fans sound like whining about what some moronic internet trolls say about NE's legacy.

Seriously, the concern over what bitter, jealous, transparent haters think is really now, in my opinion, the most embarrassing element of Patriot fandom. You people need to stop taking seriously the ramblings of people who are meanwhile hoping Tom's marriage is in trouble. I mean WTF

How low are you willing to go with PFT comment trolls before it dawns on you that, "Hey, these people are deranged, illogical ****ing morons, jealous and trying to get a rise out of me the only way they can, since their team sucks at football. I actually don't care what they think."

......and it worked out SO well for both teams, as neither made the playoff the season after the trade. I"m sure Boldin (who was the true MVP of the Ravens playoff run)., who made key catch after key catch against good coverage to bail out his QB and HC time after time; is really looking forward to playing out the end of his career in a bad rebuilding project with the Niners.
I don't believe in karma. "John Lennon"

"But every time I try to tell them terrorists blew up the world trade center, they say it was George Bush who personally put explosives on every single floor. The truth doesn't matter. Everyone thinks it was the illuminati so that's how it'll be remembered. They say they weren't even planes, but American cruise missiles."

- What Patriot fans sound like whining about what some moronic internet trolls say about NE's legacy.

Seriously, the concern over what bitter, jealous, transparent haters think is really now, in my opinion, the most embarrassing element of Patriot fandom. You people need to stop taking seriously the ramblings of people who are meanwhile hoping Tom's marriage is in trouble. I mean WTF

How low are you willing to go with PFT comment trolls before it dawns on you that, "Hey, these people are deranged, illogical ****ing morons, jealous and trying to get a rise out of me the only way they can, since their team sucks at football. I actually don't care what they think."
This is the first I've ever posted about it but carry on.

At the time some people thought KG didn't have much left and thought the big guy Boston gave up (name escapes me) would be borderline all star material. I see your point but not apples to apples exactly.

No, it's pretty much exactly the same thing, with the only real exception of

Ravens wanted Boldin out because of money

v.

Garnett wanted out because of losing

You're arguing a non-issue.

What year it is? Could have sworn this trade happened like three years ago.

Big deal.

In this case I don't think Ozzie would let it slide. Boldin wanted cash and BAL did not want to pay him. Either cut him or they get something for him.

With that said, the NFL is the crowning jewel in the definition of nepotism.

Look at Bill's son, Stephen....I'm sure he has more football knowledge than 9i% of his peers (maybe some head coaches too) but the only reason he is a 2nd year assistant coach is because of his dad.

As long as he works hard, is qualified and competent who cares?

What year it is? Could have sworn this trade happened like three years ago.
Yes. And didn't like it then but didn't post about it. Pointing out hypocrisy. Baltimore *****ed about the Pats pushing the envelope on the rules.

Big deal.

In this case I don't think Ozzie would let it slide. Boldin wanted cash and BAL did not want to pay him. Either cut him or they get something for him.

With that said, the NFL is the crowning jewel in the definition of nepotism.

Look at Bill's son, Stephen....I'm sure he has more football knowledge than 9i% of his peers (maybe some head coaches too) but the only reason he is a 2nd year assistant coach is because of his dad.

As long as he works hard, is qualified and competent who cares?
I'm obviously in the minority but they gave up the PO mvp for a guy who's probably out of the nfl.

Yes. And didn't like it then but didn't post about it. Pointing out hypocrisy. Baltimore *****ed about the Pats pushing the envelope on the rules.

The problem is that there's no hypocrisy with what the Ravens/49ers did. Again, you're arguing a non-issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots