PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Another contract hold out hitting the news...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBradyOwnsYou

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Kobayashi has a family to feed too.

Kobayashi has a family to feed too.

Yeah I heard the hold up in the contract is all you can eat hot dogs for him and his family. Apparently Nathans is scares this could kill there profit margins but not having Kobeishaya in the contest takes away the competive spirit of the competition and could ruin the contest and cause financial problems for Nathans if it does. Nathans is damned if they do and damned if they dont

He'd have more leverage if he hadn't lost the last three Nathan's contests.

He's old and slow. Overrated based on past championships. He should be a team player and take a hometown discount. Let him see what it's like to spend a year with those losers at Oscar Meyer. Nathan's will be fine without him.

MLE.. what a joke. I like a lot of things about the states but sometimes you guys take the piss for the sake of it.

MLE.. what a joke. I like a lot of things about the states but sometimes you guys take the piss for the sake of it.

otherwise known as the throw away.

It's even bigger in Japan :rolleyes:

I'd honestly rather watch this than soccer.

Do you mean Japanese sake? Gets me hammered.

It's even bigger in Japan :rolleyes:
Are you prepared to endorse the Japanese "weird" factor as your own? Perhaps stories best left for PM or another time :p

I'd honestly rather watch this than soccer.
You guys really need to get onto AFL. That said the world cup is starting to heat up. Should be much better viewing that seeing some twats eating hotdogs... perhaps if they were bodacious cheerleaders wearing skimpy outfits then the enthusiasm would start to flow. Perhaps they could combine drinking saké in there somehow.

Do you mean Japanese sake? Gets me hammered.
Saké does make for an interesting night out...

Last edited:
Are you prepared to endorse the Japanese "weird" factor as your own? Perhaps stories best left for PM or another time :p

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about so I'll come out and say what I know- competitive eating is much bigger in Japan than it is here. They are even more enthusiastic about their competitions than we are here and have put their contests into the media mainstream in ways that the US hasn't been able to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes