PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Andy Reid to step down soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.phillymag.com/blogs/phil...-potentially-bad-news-in-philadelphia-sports/

It’s been a constant rumor all year, but after Sunday night’s loss to the Giants, sources close to Andy Reid and the team say there’s a strong possibility Reid may get off the sidelines sooner than expected. All year, Reid’s family troubles have been taking a noticeable toll, and many of his players are biding their time until Big Red makes an announcement. With Marty Mornhinweg already assuming much of the offense, Reid’s a lame-duck coach at this point, just poking around on the sidelines to keep his mind off of his woes. The likely scenario is inserting Mornhinweg in the coach’s seat so Reid can ride out the rest of his contract as Executive Vice President of Football Operations, leaving him more time with his fractured family.

Also, sources are saying with Donovan McNabb most likely spending his last year in Philadelphia, this bye week might be the best possible time for the organization to officially switch gears. McNabb will continue to start (for now), but regardless of how the season turns out, this is most likely his victory lap in Philadelphia.

Anybody that surprised?

Not surprised, but it's still going to be weird seeing a long serving coach get bounced. I still think it's going to be bad news for Philly.

Marty Mornhinweg? :rofl:

Purely speculation at this point. I haven't heard a peep about this from my friends who work for the Eagles back in Philly.

If Reid needed a year off to attend to his family he wouldn't have started the season.

McNabb is still not 100%. I can't see them cutting him until he gets a chance at playing at full strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back