PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Andrew Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Lance Jones might be a sleeper from the Sooners

Landry Jones.

And I'm a huge OU homer, but I don't think he is anywhere near as good as Luck. He doesn't have it to my eyes. I know.. real scientific.

I hope Luck goes out of the conference.

Landry Jones.

And I'm a huge OU homer, but I don't think he is anywhere near as good as Luck. He doesn't have it to my eyes. I know.. real scientific.

I hope Luck goes out of the conference.

Lance is his nickname from what I have been told

from what i've seen he looks good in the pocket, good under pressure, good on the run and good a tackling lol. I know its not the NFL but still impressive.

check out the hit he lays on this guy toward the end of the highlight video, demolished the guy, freight train style.

Andrew Luck Highlights - YouTube

Is it me or does he resemble Bradford a bit?

FR-Football2_QG.jpg

I hope Miami gets him and makes the Dolphins more interesting to face every year. They are soooo boring!

Why is it that EVERY Football analyst and mediot is ALREADY crowning this kid the next Peyton....Elway.....Montana.....or Brady??? I mean the kid hasn't even played ONE down in the accelerated game that is the NFL and already they are all salivating over who will get the "next great one" in next year's draft! I remember a certain #1 pick that came out the same year as Drew Bledsoe....and he was going to be the next Marino.....going to challenge all the records....and win countless SB's......you might remember his name.....Ryan Leaf????
So they can have a story they can pimp and write about for the next Six months.

Last edited:
i dont know why but denver is sure trying hard to get him Tradeing away there best WR for a 6th round pick, i hope Tebow wins 5 or 6 games for them

I'd love to see the Patriots trade for the kid. The Pandemonium throughout the NFL AND the Patriots fan base would be something on a level never seen before over a draft pick.

What do you think it would take to pry him from the Colts? Our 1st and 2nd's this year? Rarely does a prospect like him come along…and they don't have much left out of Manning so they might say "no thanks."

Last edited:
He could be the next Aaron Rodgers. He has the ability to throw the ball well from the pocket, and also posses some mobility. If he can avoid injuries, he will be fine in the nfl.

Of course highly touted QB prospects sometimes fail. Every kind of player sometimes fails -- even "proven" veterans. (It wasn't so long ago that Carson Palmer was an elite NFL QB, right?) So there's no such thing as a sure thing...but IMO that's no reason to ignore the best QB prospect in years.

Andrew Luck is the total opposite of lunkheads like Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell. He's the classic "student of the game," the highly intelligent son of an NFL QB. He's in his third full season leading a pro-style offense in a major conference, where he puts up amazing stats and piles up wins. He has excellent poise, reads defenses and goes through his progressions well. He has sound mechanics, good touch, and throws an accurate, catchable ball. He has great pocket awareness, decent mobility and retains his accuracy on the run. He is a hard worker and a respected leader, on and off the field. Oh, and he's 6'4" 235.

IOW, if you don't get excited about that guy, who the heck do you get excited about?

Barring injury. Luck will be a superstar in the NFL.

The Colts will stay relevant for the next 15 years because of this kid. Unfortunately..

Last edited:
Of course highly touted QB prospects sometimes fail. Every kind of player sometimes fails -- even "proven" veterans. (It wasn't so long ago that Carson Palmer was an elite NFL QB, right?) So there's no such thing as a sure thing...but IMO that's no reason to ignore the best QB prospect in years.

Andrew Luck is the total opposite of lunkheads like Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell. He's the classic "student of the game," the highly intelligent son of an NFL QB. He's in his third full season leading a pro-style offense in a major conference, where he puts up amazing stats and piles up wins. He has excellent poise, reads defenses and goes through his progressions well. He has sound mechanics, good touch, and throws an accurate, catchable ball. He has great pocket awareness, decent mobility and retains his accuracy on the run. He is a hard worker and a respected leader, on and off the field. Oh, and he's 6'4" 235.

IOW, if you don't get excited about that guy, who the heck do you get excited about?

Listen to this woman. She knows "stuff".

Darrell Revis played approx. 16 games of college ball, total. I was shocked he was drafted so high and wound up being the player he has been since day one.

DOLPHINS-SOMERSAULT.gif

Rolling around for Luck

Barring injury. Luck will be a superstar in the NFL.

The Colts will stay relevant for the next 15 years because of this kid. Unfortunately..

Or the Dolphins :eek:

If the Colts get the top pick AND if Manning says he can go a few more years I don't see the Colts spending enormous amounts of cash on a backup for 3 or more years...of course this all is if Peyton gets healthy enough to play.

There will be teams ready to give up their first born to Indy for Luck such as Miami,Tennessee,Minnesota and perhaps Seattle and Arizona,Indy would have more picks for the next few years then they could count and could fill holes all over that defense,OL and RB position

Carolina,like Indy is in the drivers seat if they get #1 - At least Carolina can say the long term future looks like Newton and would certainly not go for Luck and then stockpile boatloads of picks in a trade for the top spot.

IMO Miami and Minnesota are the teams that if #1 will definitely use
the pick for Luck....I just don't see Luck in Indy unless Manning announces an early retirement

Andrew Luck was made to start for the team that drafts him from day one like Sam Bradford and Matt Ryan ...Luck will not be holding a clipboard for years at what he will be earning unless he screws up badly during camp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye