PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ahhhh, the NFL Network, direct TV and the Sunday ticket..,

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
A few years ago I ordered direct TV and the NFL Sunday ticket, but where my appartment was, They were unable to hit the satallite.

I bought a house about 4 years ago, and finally, two weeks ago, I said enoug is enough. I cancelled my digital cable (which did not cary the NFL network) and ordered directtv and the Sunday ticket.

It was installed yesterday.

So this is what life is all about :).

It feels like a right of passage.

I'm sitting here, it is Saturday before lunch, and I am watching football :).

Sorry, I'm just in my glory and had to share this with someone.

Re: OT: Ahhhh, the NFL Network, direct TV and the Sunday ticket..

A few years ago I ordered direct TV and the NFL Sunday ticket, but where my appartment was, They were unable to hit the satallite.

I bought a house about 4 years ago, and finally, two weeks ago, I said enoug is enough. I cancelled my digital cable (which did not cary the NFL network) and ordered directtv and the Sunday ticket.

It was installed yesterday.

So this is what life is all about :).

It feels like a right of passage.

I'm sitting here, it is Saturday before lunch, and I am watching football :).

Sorry, I'm just in my glory and had to share this with someone.

But did you get the HD and Superfan packages?

Not this year.

I still want my marriage to last ;-)

Not this year.

I still want my marriage to last ;-)

Ummm.....why ?................Just kidding man, I'm like you, I'm a very happy person, but that's because I'm divorced, lol..............Anyway, I'm very jealous of you, I live in NYC, and have IO Digital Cable, and have no NFL Network. Anyone live in NYC and have the NFL Network ? Which cable system carries it if you do ? Thanks for any info.

I just got the dish myself this week. After years of *****ing, I finally dropped Charter Cable, which stopped providing the NFL network about a year or two ago. This was my first chance to DVR the Pats. I'm stoked.

HOW SWEET.. I just went to DirecTV's website and what did I behold?? A beautiful scene of the PATS CHEERLEADERS on the front page... WOOO HOOO..

I am going to try and get DirecTV to upgrade my DVR for me... at no cost... wish me luck.... *LOL*

Questions: With the NFL package via Direct TV, is it possible to Tivo one game while watching another? And do they repeat games during the week a la the NFL network?

Last edited:
Questions: With the NFL package via Direct TV, is it possible to Tivo one game while watching another? And do they repeat games during the week a la the NFL network?

Yes, it is possible to Record one game and watch another. You just have to have 2 wires coming down from your Dish. If you have multiple receivers, then you could actually watch a game and tape 2 others.

As for Sunday Ticket, no, the NFL does not allow the re-broadcast of games other than on NFLN or on some "instant access" pay-per-view type things...

Last edited:
Sarge-
Did they put in HD receivers? If not, you should get them to do so free. Otherwise they gip you...

And struggling with them right now because they didn't inform me of the 2 year commitment for the upgraded equipment and they misrepresented the $100 refund I should have gotten with my SD DVR.

Superfan is overrated. I got it it's first year in existence and I found myself almost never watching the Red Zone channel. I would watch the channel which shows eight little screens with all of the games just to get up to date with what's going on, but I can do that by just pressing up and down on my remote.

Sarge-
Did they put in HD receivers? If not, you should get them to do so free. Otherwise they gip you...

And struggling with them right now because they didn't inform me of the 2 year commitment for the upgraded equipment and they misrepresented the $100 refund I should have gotten with my SD DVR.

They gave me 1 HD receiver and 2 regular (i have only 1HD tv)

They haven't charged me anything for installation or the receivers, but said I only get to keep them if I stay on for two years.

They actually messed up my order at first but "I believe" we straitened it out last night.

They gave me 1 HD receiver and 2 regular (i have only 1HD tv)

They haven't charged me anything for installation or the receivers, but said I only get to keep them if I stay on for two years.

They actually messed up my order at first but "I believe" we straitened it out last night.

That is good to hear... Did they give you a rebate for the HD receiver?

That is good to hear... Did they give you a rebate for the HD receiver?

I'm suppose to get 100$ back in ten dollar monthly credits for ten months.

Whether or not that was for the recievers, I don't remember.

Superfan is overrated. I got it it's first year in existence and I found myself almost never watching the Red Zone channel. I would watch the channel which shows eight little screens with all of the games just to get up to date with what's going on, but I can do that by just pressing up and down on my remote.

I too have the SuperFan package and rarely if ever watched the Red Zone channel. BUT this is the only way to get (pretty much all) the games in High Def, so for me that's worth it. But this year DirecTV just added a really sweet feature to subscribers of the SuperFan package: Every NFL Sunday Ticket game, every Sunday - streamed right to your PC anywhere in the world. That's a pretty bad ass feature. Oh yea, you also can stream the Red Zone channel with this new feature :D

Welcome to Directv Sarge, you'll never go back!:rocker: They made a mistake of giving the superfan free for a week or two when it first came out....i tried it and it convinced me to never buy it. The only time I would watch the "redzone" is when the pats weren't playing....but even then I found myself just turning to another game.

Any DVR has 2 lines coming in so you can record one thing and watch another........great stuff:cool:

FYI for any who are thinking about sighning up

I joined Direct TV through Verizon, I bundled my new fios internet and DTV together, I had checked around and this was by far the best deal

HD
2 standard receivers and 1 HD
HD programing
Sunday Ticket
Premeire level programing for 1 year
The remainder of the year of Nascar Hot Pass
Some soccer channel that is suppose to be a big deal
1 year commitment
Free instalation

$70 per month for the DTV, $32 for the fios.

You have to get them together for the bundle savings.

I also added my home phone and 2 cell phones to the Bundle, for a total cost of $170 a month fro DTV, fios, home phone, and 2 cell phones.

The only thing that would be better than NFL Ticket would be if you had the money to go to each game in person. The best way to watch a game.

I've been away from Direct TV for a year and am ready to get back in the game. Don't have a HD tv. Wasn't impressed with the Red Zone. I would use my 'last' on the remote and pick two games to go back and forth. Right now I've got Comcast, which takes care of me on-line, phone, and tv. Can I get that all with Direct TV (with the wifes permission of course)? The only thing I'll miss is On Demand with Comcast, which is a really great option. But, I'll trade watching Brady to Moss vs On Demand anytime. Just have to explain it to my six year olds.

I've been away from Direct TV for a year and am ready to get back in the game. Don't have a HD tv. Wasn't impressed with the Red Zone. I would use my 'last' on the remote and pick two games to go back and forth. Right now I've got Comcast, which takes care of me on-line, phone, and tv. Can I get that all with Direct TV (with the wifes permission of course)? The only thing I'll miss is On Demand with Comcast, which is a really great option. But, I'll trade watching Brady to Moss vs On Demand anytime. Just have to explain it to my six year olds.
Over here on the westcoast, DirecTV does a package deal with Qwest. Qwest does the phone and DSL. I think they have similar package deals going with Verizon and Bellsouth.

I get Superfan for the HD, but I also think the interactive features and red zone channel are lame. No one would kick down for Superfan if it wasn't for HD.

Can someone explain to me what "red zone" is. I've never had Sunday Ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down