PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Add the Seahawks to the list of teams that Goodell has now screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So, Baltimore can conduct a practice in pads and lose a week with some fines, but the Seahawks get fined MORE and lose a 5th round pick to boot..

So, it's now the Seahawks, Steelers, Chiefs, and Pats who have been held to higher standards than the Ravens, Colts, and Jets..

2nd offense, 1st was in 2014

You know just like deflating (sic) footballs was a 2nd offense for Tom

Oh, wait!

This will probably get merged, but, for once, I can say that this is not the Seahawks "getting held to a higher standard."

This is actually the Seahawks' third violation of the OTA rules since 2012.

he seems to be making more progress in the NFC......if the bears beat the eagles tonite, 12 of 16 teams will be 1-1......2-0 teams, watch out

Except the Seahawks have been caught multiple times, and the last time Pete Carroll basically thumbed his nose at the league office, and came out saying that the fine he paid was worth the infraction.

Except the Seahawks have been caught multiple times, and the last time Pete Carroll basically thumbed his nose at the league office, and came out saying that the fine he paid was worth the infraction.

But I'm certain he was innocent at USC.

yeah_sure_seinfeld-gap.jpg

"Yeah... sure..."

I care absolutely zero about this. Have Seahawk fans ever come to our defense about deflategate? No. As a Patriots fan I am used to dealing with the "cheaters" rant from pretty much 31 other franchises.

Get used to it Seattle.

Last edited:
This is the second time they have violated this rule. I wouldn't say they're being screwed. Repeatedly break the rules and you'll get what's coming. These practice rules are in place for a reason.

This will probably get merged, but, for once, I can say that this is not the Seahawks "getting held to a higher standard."

This is actually the Seahawks' third violation of the OTA rules since 2012.

When I posted this, Florio's site listed it as only the 2nd.. Jeff Howe listed it as the 3rd..

Instead of looking at it as Seattle getting screwed, we should look at it and acknowledge just how badly the Patriots got screwed. This arguably gives the Seahawks a much larger competitive advantage than a football being deflated to 12.0 psi instead of 12.5 (even if we grant the presumption that the Pats did something nefarious with the footballs). Moreover, it's the third time they've been nailed on this. Talk about defying the rules.

Yet the Pats were defying the rules in Spygate, their first time violating anything, and got whacked a million bucks and a first round draft pick. And then obviously in Deflategate, Brady's first time being accused of ANYTHING, and they get whacked four games for Brady, a million dollars, a first round pick, and a fourth round pick.

Meanwhile, Seattle, a third time offender for the SAME exact infraction, get just this light slap on the wrist?

BTW, I consider it that Seattle is getting screwed because, if you read what happened, it was two guys going up for a ball and they collided. It was clearly accidental. It was NOT them running contact drills. It was not them running a practice in pads..

So, to claim it was the "same exact infraction" shows a lack of knowledge about the situation in general.

Um, he didn't screw them. They're the very picture of "repeat offenders" and they get a slap on the wrist.

There's no comparison between putting a few ounces less air in a ball (if it happened) and risking the health and safety of your own players repeatedly. So, I don't think Seattle joins our company.

There's no comparison between putting a few ounces less air in a ball (if it happened) and risking the health and safety of your own players repeatedly. So, I don't think Seattle joins our company.

So, conflating two players accidentally colliding during practice into "excessive on-field contact" isn't the same as mis-representing the facts of the pressure inside a football?

Sure seems to me that, in both cases, the NFL is lying out its ass about what happened.

So, conflating two players accidentally colliding during practice into "excessive on-field contact" isn't the same as mis-representing the facts of the pressure inside a football?

Sure seems to me that, in both cases, the NFL is lying out its ass about what happened.

Look, if the rule says "zero contact" you better make very sure there's no contact going on. BB and the Pats don't have a problem following this rule and you know the league would love to throw the book at them for something else.

Look, if the rule says "zero contact" you better make very sure there's no contact going on. BB and the Pats don't have a problem following this rule and you know the league would love to throw the book at them for something else.

The rule says No excessive contact. And two players accidentally colliding into one another happens. If you think it doesn't happen then there is no help for you.

The rule says No excessive contact. And two players accidentally colliding into one another happens. If you think it doesn't happen then there is no help for you.

It's not what I think. It's what the league thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back